Standardize all autocannons

brroleg
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 3 Dec 2013 07:05
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Standardize all autocannons

Postby brroleg » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:10

All 30mm autocannons should have 3 AP, like all 20mm autocannons having 2 AP now. Its nonsense when 30mm has same AP as 20.

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:12

brroleg wrote:All 30mm autocannons should have 3 AP, like all 20mm autocannons having 2 AP now. Its nonsense when 30mm has same AP as 20.


Some were to be fair, better, then others.

Authentic/flavour inbound :lol:

Calibre isnt everything.
Image

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Bullfrog » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:24

Not all 30mm are the same.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

User avatar
Gunner
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri 2 Mar 2012 10:22
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Gunner » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:29

brroleg wrote:All 30mm autocannons should have 3 AP, like all 20mm autocannons having 2 AP now. Its nonsense when 30mm has same AP as 20.


The soviet BMP-2 30mm was not as good as the Nato 30mm and should not, the same can be said for different era 25mm bushmaster ammo, and i would guess for the 30mm from different eras.
"Semper Paratus"

brroleg
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 3 Dec 2013 07:05
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby brroleg » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:29

Bullfrog wrote:Not all 30mm are the same.

Same can be said about 20mm, but they all has same AP

User avatar
Poptart Lover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2014 00:02
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Poptart Lover » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:45

brroleg wrote:All 30mm autocannons should have 3 AP, like all 20mm autocannons having 2 AP now. Its nonsense when 30mm has same AP as 20.


I'd rather have the 30mm+ autocannons have HE rather then higher AP. That 30mm auto-cannon on the AH-64 is just garbage because of how badly it sucks against anti-infantry. Same can be said with the Bradley IFV. No HE, makes the thing near useless against infantry.
Image I don't support 100x PX size!

brroleg
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 3 Dec 2013 07:05
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby brroleg » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:49

Poptart Lover wrote:
brroleg wrote:All 30mm autocannons should have 3 AP, like all 20mm autocannons having 2 AP now. Its nonsense when 30mm has same AP as 20.


I'd rather have the 30mm+ autocannons have HE rather then higher AP. That 30mm auto-cannon on the AH-64 is just garbage because of how badly it sucks against anti-infantry. Same can be said with the Bradley IFV. No HE, makes the thing near useless against infantry.


Or this. 30mm AC should have at least some advantage. Cause now 30mm 2a42 on bmp completely sucks in all aspects against 20mm on marder

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Bullfrog » Tue 14 Oct 2014 10:52

Poptart Lover wrote:I'd rather have the 30mm+ autocannons have HE rather then higher AP. That 30mm auto-cannon on the AH-64 is just garbage because of how badly it sucks against anti-infantry. Same can be said with the Bradley IFV. No HE, makes the thing near useless against infantry.


Apache gun should have more HE simply because that's how it's gun was used.

brroleg wrote:
Bullfrog wrote:Not all 30mm are the same.

Same can be said about 20mm, but they all has same AP


Not really a lot of leeway in the low end AP, most of them are complete garbage outside of the Vulcans.

Anymore or any less would be pretty artificial.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

User avatar
Aikmofobi
Lieutenant
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu 12 Jul 2012 23:04
Location: Northern Sweden
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby Aikmofobi » Tue 14 Oct 2014 11:59

Should also all 120 mm guns have the same AP?

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13128
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: Standardize all autocannons

Postby another505 » Tue 14 Oct 2014 12:30

Bullfrog wrote:
Poptart Lover wrote:I'd rather have the 30mm+ autocannons have HE rather then higher AP. That 30mm auto-cannon on the AH-64 is just garbage because of how badly it sucks against anti-infantry. Same can be said with the Bradley IFV. No HE, makes the thing near useless against infantry.


Apache gun should have more HE simply because that's how it's gun was used.



I disagree, 30mm and 40mm grenade launchers have 1 HE only too

however, i wish they have smaller increments of HE so they can max up 30 and have more difference in between
Image
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests