last night i am fuious :evil:

Woozle
Captain

Re: last night i am fuious :evil:

Postby Woozle » Sat 18 Oct 2014 09:03

Thonar wrote:

Yo, your Alpha Jet is so slow, its a wonder that it even flies.
Yo, your Alpha Jet is so slow, its nearly flying backwards.
Yo, your Alpha Jet is so slow, its out of fuel before it reaches the starting lane.
Yo, your Alpha Jet is so slow, it can only fly West.
Yo, your Alpha Jet is so slow, when it would fly from outer space into the earth orbit, it would freeze.

Ever tried to use the Strikemaster? :lol:

rPoXoTauJIo
Master Sergeant

Postby rPoXoTauJIo » Sat 18 Oct 2014 09:55

Seems OP didn't even saw F111C in action :)

Masky
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Masky » Sat 18 Oct 2014 10:54

I still can't figure out if it's serious, or really committed satire.

Argus
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Argus » Sat 18 Oct 2014 11:10

You are the reason you failed. You pick an armored deck on a map that is 70% city and other 30% is the forest.

Well good for you. You basically rendered yourself useless on the entire map. And Li Jian90 is the uber counter to any infantry,it has a Napalm launcher,what did you expect?

Jesus.

Its like complaining that you cannot shoot a jet with a tank... :lol:

1*Blitzkrieg
Master Sergeant

Postby 1*Blitzkrieg » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:02

Argus wrote:You are the reason you failed. You pick an armored deck on a map that is 70% city and other 30% is the forest.

Well good for you. You basically rendered yourself useless on the entire map. And Li Jian90 is the uber counter to any infantry,it has a Napalm launcher,what did you expect?

Jesus.

Its like complaining that you cannot shoot a jet with a tank... :lol:

What, I can't shoot planes with my tanks uber-cannons??? :o :o :o

Then, all the planes I shot down in BF3 using an Abrams were a joke....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

solvens
Major

Postby solvens » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:09

Regnar wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Solo wrote:Image

He sort of reminds me of a certain Austria.

I've always thought he looked very British.

It's real-life counterpart is Herr General Hans-Lothar Domroese. The brits don't have the monopoly on mustaches :)

There is a surprising amount of exploitable pics of him available on google.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:11

Might be time to lock the thread.

Random
Captain

Postby Random » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:16

5/5
Would read again.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:23

:roll:

A thread where a player who already doesn't understand the game, met the ridiculous phenomenon that is Li Jian 90 and the disproportionately overpowered napalm launchers.

And everything imploded.

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Postby Jawehawk » Sat 18 Oct 2014 12:34

Fun fact. In real life, elite infantry (special forces) aren't super humans capable of killing regular soldiers on a 4:1 ratio.

As per usual, most people in here probably haven't faced off with lots of elite infantry in a town, backed up by a little AT. It's nearly impossible to dislodge them, as elite infantry simply rapes any and all infantry trying to get close to the town. You can smoke the town of course, in which case you'll only be delaying the death of your own infantry. Shock infantry does a little better in combating them, but the only viable option is to get your own elites in there. But of course armored decks don't have those...

The only viable armored decks are West and East Germany, as they both have shock infantry. Every other armored national deck is useless in cities, as regular infantry don't do jack shit against shock and elite infantry. When 1 group of 15 man elite infantry can take out 4 goups of regulars without taking significant losses themselves, in a fair fight (both in a city sector), then something is clearly wrong.

Fact is that elite infantry is still absurdly overpowered. Elites with flamethrower RPG's and US SMAW's can stop any infantry pust on a town, while also stunning or outright kiling enemy armor. And most people aren't dumb enough to send Lil' Jan and Spetznas alone. They do usually have some form of AT with them.

bombs dropped from planes often don't do that much versus infantry in town, and if the player times it right with teleportation, the bombs won't do anything at all. You can smoke the city and get your own infantry in there, but unless it's also elite, or at the very least, a lot of shock infantry, you won't do anything versus the elite infantry garrisoned there.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”