Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

icehawk308
Major

Re: Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

Postby icehawk308 » Tue 28 Oct 2014 14:19

SKLKNKR wrote:
Masky wrote:Do the pylons allow for this loadout or do the hardpoints make it inauthentic?

Every loadout chart I have seen for the T/TM lists this as possible, but I do not know if they are well sourced... It would look weird with the outer three pylons empty though.

Yep, its ligit. Think the above loadout upgrades are ligitimate. Mig-29M currently is obscured and the Su-25T is 200pts of useless.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:02

Why did Eugen even add the YAK-141.... Seriously... it's just as bad as the Chimera considering the Russians already have a cheaper dogfighter, one that actually entered production and has become as popular (if not more) as the F-16

Because it's cool. Also because the MiG-29K is already in game as an AShM plane.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:08

Killertomato wrote:
Why did Eugen even add the YAK-141.... Seriously... it's just as bad as the Chimera considering the Russians already have a cheaper dogfighter, one that actually entered production and has become as popular (if not more) as the F-16

Because it's cool. Also because the MiG-29K is already in game as an AShM plane.

Wut. Talking about the Mig-29M....
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

BlackBeret
Sergeant First-Class

Postby BlackBeret » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:20

Mikeboy wrote:The Yak-141 is actually one of the most reasonable of the Soviet prototypes, and would most definitely have entered production had the Soviet Union not collapsed.

Not that I think the present loadout is the best. My own solution for Soviet aircraft can be seen here:

[spoiler=]
Mikeboy wrote:Image
Il-102 is no longer overweight and slow.

To make way for the Su-24M with FAB 1500s. Showing anything NATO can do Pact can do with more explosives.

The Su-27PU that was randomly in the marine deck has been removed. It's been replaced by the Su-27K without the stupid Moskit loadout. Instead it sports the extended range version of the IR and radar R-27.

The Su-27S price has been reduced to 140 and the PU price to 180 too.

The Yak-141 now gives guided bomb capability to the Soviets and their marine deck with 2 KAB-500Kr.

As the Yak-141 now serves as the marine deck's iron bomber (alongside the Su-24M) the Kh-23M has been moved over from the MiG-27 to the Yak-38M to give the marines ATGM capability.

These are glorious!
"Watch out below!"

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:28

Wut. Talking about the Mig-29M....

The Yak made it in because navy. The MiG-29K is also a naval aircraft.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

yrk yrk
Staff Sergeant

Postby yrk yrk » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:40

BlackBeret wrote:
Mikeboy wrote:The Yak-141 is actually one of the most reasonable of the Soviet prototypes, and would most definitely have entered production had the Soviet Union not collapsed.

Not that I think the present loadout is the best. My own solution for Soviet aircraft can be seen here:

[spoiler=]
Mikeboy wrote:Image
Il-102 is no longer overweight and slow.

To make way for the Su-24M with FAB 1500s. Showing anything NATO can do Pact can do with more explosives.

The Su-27PU that was randomly in the marine deck has been removed. It's been replaced by the Su-27K without the stupid Moskit loadout. Instead it sports the extended range version of the IR and radar R-27.

The Su-27S price has been reduced to 140 and the PU price to 180 too.

The Yak-141 now gives guided bomb capability to the Soviets and their marine deck with 2 KAB-500Kr.

As the Yak-141 now serves as the marine deck's iron bomber (alongside the Su-24M) the Kh-23M has been moved over from the MiG-27 to the Yak-38M to give the marines ATGM capability.

These are glorious!

This is just perfect. Sold. :)

another505

Postby another505 » Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:56

keebs63 wrote:

More reasonable than the USSRs top of the line dogfighter? Good one, you gave me a good laugh

you give me a good laugh, keeb.
Mike is correct. Yak141 is a navy fighter, and VTOL means it could be on those Helicarriers too which is portrayed ingame Climb Mt. Nard campaign
It was almost done before USSR collapse, even that Lockheed bought their tech

it isnt even close to being a chimera as you described it
Of Salt

another505

Postby another505 » Tue 28 Oct 2014 17:00

Also

S-54/55

http://sukhoi.s5.com/su5455.htm

Looks so dam!
Of Salt

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Tue 28 Oct 2014 17:09

I would perhaps have liked a 5-men VDV squad that was more general purpose, as oppose to VDV anti vehicle and Spetsnaz anti infantry, which would probably have made the BMDs more authentic

All in all though, the USSR unit selection is probably the best in game and covers nearly every situation you need.

Woozle
Captain

Postby Woozle » Tue 28 Oct 2014 17:26

keebs63 wrote:More reasonable than the USSRs top of the line dogfighter? Good one, you gave me a good laugh

MIG-29 isn't the top of line dog fighter, the SU-27 series is. The Yak-141 was set to enter production, but the soviet union fell. Lockheed actually paid Yakolov for the Yak-141 plans so they could use its VTOL tech on the F-35.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”