Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Re: Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

Postby SKLKNKR » Tue 28 Oct 2014 23:32

Rusknight wrote:"Armata" (a completly new russian tank) is stated to have unmanned turret either. They plan to show Armata to public in 2015.

Can't wait for this and the M1A3. Isn't the Armata supposed to be a modular AFV base?
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 28 Oct 2014 23:35

yes it is, will replace all bmp and bmd, and a lot of other stuffs
Of Salt

Rusknight
Captain

Postby Rusknight » Tue 28 Oct 2014 23:48

SKLKNKR wrote:
Rusknight wrote:"Armata" (a completly new russian tank) is stated to have unmanned turret either. They plan to show Armata to public in 2015.

Can't wait for this and the M1A3. Isn't the Armata supposed to be a modular AFV base?

Armata is going to be a universal track platform for new MBT, and for other various new armored vehicles for russian army. It doesn't mean of course that new MBT and new IFV built at Armata platform will have the same mass and level of protection, but they will use the same platform somehow what should save some service costs. So this new MBT and maybe a new IFV as well are likely to be showed in 2015.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Wed 29 Oct 2014 00:43

Rusknight wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:My god unmanned turrets are fugly

Btw, "Armata" (a completly new russian tank) is stated to have unmanned turret either. They plan to show Armata to public in 2015.

Yeah I know. The mock-ups look awfully ugly as well, which is a shame because I think the best looking tank of all time is the T-72. The T-62 is also gorgeous, as well as the T-80, T-90 and the Obj. 640 being really sexy too.

Rusknight
Captain

Postby Rusknight » Wed 29 Oct 2014 00:56

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Rusknight wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:My god unmanned turrets are fugly

Btw, "Armata" (a completly new russian tank) is stated to have unmanned turret either. They plan to show Armata to public in 2015.

Yeah I know. The mock-ups look awfully ugly as well, which is a shame because I think the best looking tank of all time is the T-72. The T-62 is also gorgeous, as well as the T-80, T-90 and the Obj. 640 being really sexy too.

It's hard to say now how Armata MBT will loolk in reality exactly. If you google it you will get a bunch of different pictures but since this tank is kept in secret yet, nobody can say how close all these pictures to reality. But maybe you are right and it won't be the most beatifull tank in the world and will be just the most deadly (for some period of time of course) :D

DrRansom
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRansom » Wed 29 Oct 2014 01:57

Rusknight wrote:

That's awesome, I'd like to see the Russians force the evolution of tank design. The M1A2 is nice and all, but lets get to the future.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Wed 29 Oct 2014 02:24

Stilllllll waiting for the Russians to release some good imagery or videos of the Object 195 "T-95".

I'm hoping Armata will spur on the US (and maybe others) to develop a new generation of armored fighting vehicles. There is room for a M1A3 of course, but we need to think beyond that.

Everything seem to slow down so drastically in the '90s. Then it was all about MRAPs and upgrades for COIN warfare (for good reason) but most of that wasn't as interesting as new tanks and IFVs.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Masky
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Masky » Wed 29 Oct 2014 02:30

Out of curiosity, were there any improvements made to the KA-29 line which could have been added in as other gunships/transports for the Soviet Naval troops?

DrRansom wrote:
Rusknight wrote:

That's awesome, I'd like to see the Russians force the evolution of tank design. The M1A2 is nice and all, but lets get to the future.

M1A3 has been in development for some time now, believe it's going to be finished with the first batch of upgrades in 2017/18 IIRC.
Granted I haven't heard anything of it in months, but then again I haven't tried to follow its' development.

I know nothing in regards to on-going French, British, or German armor advancements. Poland has shown off that PL-01 concept tank quite a bit recently but I think that was a private firm's venture.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 29 Oct 2014 03:00

M1A3 has been in development for some time now, believe it's going to be finished with the first batch of upgrades in 2017/18 IIRC.
Granted I haven't heard anything of it in months, but then again I haven't tried to follow its' development.

From what's out there, it appears to be more of a product improvement program than a revolutionary vehicle. A lot like the M1A2 before it.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Masky
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Masky » Wed 29 Oct 2014 03:24

Killertomato wrote:

From what's out there, it appears to be more of a product improvement program than a revolutionary vehicle. A lot like the M1A2 before it.

Very true, from the point of inciting immediate changes to the update plans of the US's Abrams fleet the Armata would have to be a godly and terror-inspiring combat platform.

Frankly I don't see that as a likely outcome and believe that they'll roll out the M1A3 upgrades for a couple hundred vehicles before looking into a further improvement or what not could be made beyond what is already going on.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”