Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

spyker92
Lieutenant

Re: Soviet units you wish had made it into Red Dragon.

Postby spyker92 » Wed 29 Oct 2014 09:28

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Rusknight wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:My god unmanned turrets are fugly

Btw, "Armata" (a completly new russian tank) is stated to have unmanned turret either. They plan to show Armata to public in 2015.

Yeah I know. The mock-ups look awfully ugly as well, which is a shame because I think the best looking tank of all time is the T-72. The T-62 is also gorgeous, as well as the T-80, T-90 and the Obj. 640 being really sexy too.

Sadly looking awesome doesn't make up for the fact that the T-62 is garbage :lol:

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Wed 29 Oct 2014 13:41

Killertomato wrote:
Wut. Talking about the Mig-29M....

The Yak made it in because navy. The MiG-29K is also a naval aircraft.

What a terrible joke. US Marines get none of their authentic A2A, but USSR Marines get the 2nd best ASF in the game and they decide to add a 2nd tier aircraft just for the navy....

I want F-16C and F-15C for US Marines then.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Wed 29 Oct 2014 14:51

keebs63 wrote:
Killertomato wrote:
Wut. Talking about the Mig-29M....

The Yak made it in because navy. The MiG-29K is also a naval aircraft.

What a terrible joke. US Marines get none of their authentic A2A, but USSR Marines get the 2nd best ASF in the game and they decide to add a 2nd tier aircraft just for the navy....

Again you can fix this with reroles, double the payload of the F-4J, move the F-14 to the air tab, make the Super Hornet an ASF.
Last edited by Mikeboy on Wed 29 Oct 2014 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Wed 29 Oct 2014 15:14

Mikeboy,
I never said you couldn't, I was just trying to say that adding a prototype experimental thats on the brink of being out of the timeline is so much dumber than adding a plane thats been around since before the early 80s. One that would also be better. I wouldn't mind a Mig-29K re-role, honestly. Its the worst AShM plane and is yet also the most expensive.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Sun 2 Nov 2014 07:12

Moar units For future/ later reference:

Yak-28 Brewer Wild Weasel w/2 Kh-28
Would either supplement or replace the Su-24 in SEAD role potentially opening a reroll, or just adding another Cat C SEAD card.

Mi-14 w/ Kh-23s

Ka-50N/SH w/ Gunrunner Combination.
SKLKNKR wrote:Seeing that loadout chart makes me think this game needs gunpods. All these Soviet Helicopters are all bumping heads and I'm all out of ideas on how to deal with it.

Theoretically, if you wanted to pimp the Ka-50 out with 3 limited slots, it would be:
- 4 Iglas,
- 12 Vihkr's (with Anti-helo capability),
- 3x 30mm autocannons - 1 internal and two 9A-4273 Gun Pods (SPPU-687 Depressible Gun Pod (9A-4273) GSh-30-1 high velocity 30mm (prototype)) :shock:

ie All hardpoints maximised for 3 weapon slots. Of course thats not necessarily necessary; however 3 30mm Autocannons + Vihkr swarm would be quite interesting :D

http://vnfawing.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0cccb17941

Mi-28N
Various rearmament proposals in previous threads featured Various versions of the Ataka ATGM.
9M120F FAE Variant or the 9M220O Anti Helicopter/Air Variant would be interesting options to consider.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Sun 2 Nov 2014 07:21

Yak-28: That role could also be done by a Su-17, which would allow it to show up in both Naval and VVS decks. That might be a better option. If the Yak-28 was used by the Navy ignore this post.

Mi-14: It already is in the game, just shoot the missile of off the Polish one and ta-da! Jokes aside I do question the usefulness of this addition.

Gunpods: Man, I like that guys idea about adding them in the next game to remove the bumping heads of USSR's helicopters...
How old is that post?
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Sun 2 Nov 2014 07:50

keebs63 wrote:What a terrible joke. US Marines get none of their authentic A2A, but USSR Marines get the 2nd best ASF in the game and they decide to add a 2nd tier aircraft just for the navy....

The Soviet marine air lineup is still awful. Arguably worse than that of the USMC.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sun 2 Nov 2014 09:43

Someone mentioned Bulgarian mountain being added to the mix. I am perplexed , We do have a lot of the "Mountain" terrain component but we don't have "Mountain Infantry" per se. And the troops that were doing operations there where the Red Berets and you have an identical unit that even uses the same nickname in the shape of the Polish Komandos.
But to be on topic, what about the Russian ODON division as shock troops that have access to different carriers and are less restricted than the naval infantry and VDV when it comes to deck type.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sun 2 Nov 2014 14:04

That Mi-14 with Kh-23's!!!!!!!

We have a way of saving the worst DLC unit of all time! Poland needs crappy missile bearing helo in helo tab!!! Urah!

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Sun 2 Nov 2014 14:47

Fairly sure the USSR has the most comprehensive unit lineup in the game. Can't think of much I'd really want to add to it, now tank balance is sorted. I'd like the RPK to be decent and the PKM to be good.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”