Balances of happenings.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Re: Balances of happenings.

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Thu 30 Oct 2014 14:21

D-M wrote:it's not even about ninja changes, it's about all the Redfor tank price buff that were written on the last patch note but never happened.

Could you please send me a PM with announced changes in the last patchlog which aren't changed yet. I will check it than ;-) Thx!

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 30 Oct 2014 14:26

F-16 and Leopard 1/Centurion rebalance? Because These are the main units in the DLC (as Norway and Denmark will get them).

EInarial
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EInarial » Thu 30 Oct 2014 14:40

[edit: added quote for context]
keebs63 wrote:What I want most is a big Kamov nerf.

why? they die just like every other 120-150pt helicopter. and unlike the longbow, without chance of revenge-kill either. long range IR and manpads for the KA-52, manpads and anything decent for the Ka-50. if it's decent, the KA-50 will die before its missile hits, and because it's SA, you won't loose the AA, which is more than can be said for anything that engages a longbow within 2.8km. Alternatively, a few f-15Cs clear them up too. The Igla-Vs don't hit aircraft very often, especially since the recent AA changes.

'I want a big Kamov nerf' isn't really a broad balance issue anyway, it's a specific dislike that you have of units that are decidedly hard to combat when used in a pair that costs 280 points and damn well should be. A Tunguska-M and T-72BU costs the same as that. 2 FlakPanzers and a Leopard 2A5 too. They should perform, and be god-damned terrifying when used well. The RedFor partner to the longbow - similar terror for twice the price and half the consistency.

Things I would like to see.

(1) MG rebalance (like everybody else).

(2) An RPG 'balance' (?)
No more magic missiles - would be nice but I fear that would just mean more tanks and fewer infantry in forests. They already struggle enough unless you have PzGrens/FallschimJaegers/VDV/Haebyung '90 so balance is tricky. I made a thread about this but it wasn't controversial enough to hang around.

(3) Better SEAD detection.
Seems the longer range SEAD planes can't detect radar AA before they are themselves within firing range, which seems to defeat the purpose of stand-off range SEAD missiles.

(4) Recon needs a re-work.
I like that it's ambiguous. Not knowing what you can't see is great, and is part of the challenge.
What I don't like is annoying inconsistencies and really weird behaviour that sometimes occurs, usually to do with forests, recon on forest edges and the like.
Although I don't know how much is possible - the 350m maximum view range in forests particularly is BAD.
It should depend on units optics, thus infantry with good optics would see tanks first, who with their poor or bad optics should be virtually blind down to 150-100m or so, so rather than just hoping to get in the first shot on a chance encounter- and tanks fire on the move while inf don't - you could avoid or prepare an ambush. See above re RPGs. Also, it would give you a reason to take recon in forests other than because you like risking highly fragile, expensive and low-availability units just for the thrill of it.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 30 Oct 2014 14:46

ANZAC and RD rebalance?

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Thu 30 Oct 2014 14:57

Kamovs single handedly take the battlefield... NATO has nothing to compete with them. Every helicopter is practically useless. Attack helicopters with A2A missiles just destroys all balance, especially when just 2 of them can ake out EVERY type of unit in the game. SEAD+ATGM+A2A missiles. Seriously... when my airborne deck can't even get to the sector where it should be before ****ing Kamovs show up....
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:01

keebs63 wrote:Kamovs single handedly take the battlefield... NATO has nothing to compete with them. Every helicopter is practically useless. Attack helicopters with A2A missiles just destroys all balance, especially when just 2 of them can ake out EVERY type of unit in the game. SEAD+ATGM+A2A missiles. Seriously... when my airborne deck can't even get to the sector where it should be before ****ing Kamovs show up....

Uhhm, I don't like this combination either but did you ever think about Chapparal A3 or Crotale using it against them? :roll:

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:06

Mortar nerf, Mg3 nerf, coalition rebalance
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:13

EInarial wrote:why?

1. Stealth.
2. Ka-50 should not out range the Longbow.
3. Ka-52 should not have more availability than Longbow pending a nerf. It arguably should have less, or zero. :twisted:
4. Inauthentic SEAD missiles.

And this is all real life stuff.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

spyker92
Lieutenant

Postby spyker92 » Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:25

This thread is very quickly becoming theory crafting. Quick, I declare code Doom Prophet!

Still it'll be nice to see Red Dragons, particularly North Korea looked at. A global MG has been wanted for awhile, and doing (anything) for roughly 1/2th the recon tab (especially 5man recon) would be nice as well. Balancing RPGs better, and looking into rounding out stuff like the malyutka and napalm launchers back into relevance would be good moves forward.

Can a dev come in here and give us vague assurances that everything is going for the better? I need a hug.

Thonar

Postby Thonar » Thu 30 Oct 2014 15:42

Lets not forget: There will be something with "Maps"... no details yet...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”