Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Alex18762
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed 25 Apr 2012 19:14
Location: Narodna Republika Bulgaria
Contact:

Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby Alex18762 » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:17

Not to mention they're severely handicapped with it. Why was this aircraft family specifically designed as supersonic bomb trucks given the speed of a late 40s straight winged medium bomber(Il-28) . At least the Su-22s in ALB had 900 kph speed but they're changed to 750 now!?

Its stupid(not to mention utterly unrealistic) not to give both the Su-7 and Su-22 at least 900kph speed. Even that would be wierd since the the NATO aircaft of the same class(tornado) and hell, even the F-111C(a much larger aircraft heavily laden aircraft ingame not based on an interceptor like the Su-7) have 1000kph speed.

User avatar
CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat 11 May 2013 01:24
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby CandyMan » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:20

+1
Image
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

User avatar
Drang
Major-General
Posts: 3725
Joined: Sun 3 Feb 2013 04:20
Location: Fighting on the edge of the world
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby Drang » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:24

Possibly because the Tornado and F-111 are massively superior aircraft in their entire performance envelope.

User avatar
RedDevilCG
Colonel
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu 30 May 2013 20:58
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby RedDevilCG » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:26

Starfighter says hello.
Image

User avatar
panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General
Posts: 3906
Joined: Fri 15 Feb 2013 16:48

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:27

Both the Tornado and F-111 were designed with high speed low level strikes in mind. I was only bored enough to look it up, but the F-111 was almost as fast at sea level as the Su-7 is at high altitude. SU-22 is notable only because the F-111 is dramatically faster than it is but not enough to make a dramatic comparison like with the SU-7.

Could the SU-7/22 use a speed boost? Maybe. But you're comparing it to much better aircraft, you're better off looking at earlier airframes than the F-111/Tornado and seeing how the SU-7/22 looks compared to those aircraft instead.

Re: Starfighter

Exactly. It's a plane that should be an angry little blur and instead in game it's sort of plodding along.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Alex18762
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed 25 Apr 2012 19:14
Location: Narodna Republika Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby Alex18762 » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:36

panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Both the Tornado and F-111 were designed with high speed low level strikes in mind. I was only bored enough to look it up, but the F-111 was almost as fast at sea level as the Su-7 is at high altitude. SU-22 is notable only because the F-111 is dramatically faster than it is but not enough to make a dramatic comparison like with the SU-7.

Could the SU-7/22 use a speed boost? Maybe. But you're comparing it to much better aircraft, you're better off looking at earlier airframes than the F-111/Tornado and seeing how the SU-7/22 looks compared to those aircraft instead.

Re: Starfighter

Exactly. It's a plane that should be an angry little blur and instead in game it's sort of plodding along.

Both Su-22 and Tornado have 1400kph max sea level speed. And whole purpose of the creation of the Su-22 was a low altitude strike craft. Besides ingame none of these aircraft remotely reach their maximum speeds so its largely irrelevant. I don't know from where you think that for only the Tornado it's possible to reach 1000kph on full payload at low level.

User avatar
panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General
Posts: 3906
Joined: Fri 15 Feb 2013 16:48

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:37

Besides ingame none of these aircraft remotely reach their maximum speeds so its largely irrelevant


So this thread is irrelevant then?
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Alex18762
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed 25 Apr 2012 19:14
Location: Narodna Republika Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby Alex18762 » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:38

Drang wrote:Possibly because the Tornado and F-111 are massively superior aircraft in their entire performance envelope.
Tornado variants of the time didn't have superior loadout options to the Su-17M4. The only thing superior about the F-111 is it's larger payload.

Alex18762
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed 25 Apr 2012 19:14
Location: Narodna Republika Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby Alex18762 » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:41

panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:
Besides ingame none of these aircraft remotely reach their maximum speeds so its largely irrelevant


So this thread is irrelevant then?

It's irrelevant to quote maximum speeds in RD. You said the Su-7/22 should have crappy speed because theyre a few 100km slower than F-111C in high altitude.What's relevant is If the Su-22 can carry a payload at 1000pkh? It can so it shouldn't have the speed of a subsonic aircraft ingame that's twice as slow IRL .

User avatar
wargamer1985
Brigadier
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sat 4 May 2013 00:36
Contact:

Re: Su-7/22 speeds are stupidly unrealistic

Postby wargamer1985 » Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:52

Alex18762 wrote:
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:
Besides ingame none of these aircraft remotely reach their maximum speeds so its largely irrelevant


So this thread is irrelevant then?

It's irrelevant to quote maximum speeds in RD. You said the Su-7/22 should have crappy speed because theyre a few 100km slower than F-111C in high altitude.What's relevant is If the Su-22 can carry a payload at 1000pkh? It can so it shouldn't have the speed of a subsonic aircraft ingame that's twice as slow IRL .

All aircraft speeds are abstracted, otherwise a MiG-29 wouldn't be flying at 900kp/h, also remember that any speed buff comes with a hefty Rate of turn Nerf, and I don't know about you but I prefer a good rate of turn to a good speed, also I love my Su-22 and Su-7 lines, don't touch them (except maybe a payload buff)
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests