Why do you play the Nation(s)/Coalition(s) you do?

Dread
Sergeant Major

Re: Why do you play the Nation(s)/Coalition(s) you do?

Postby Dread » Sat 8 Nov 2014 23:57

I mainly play national North Korea because I'm deeply interested in that part of the world and I've studied the North a lot. I've been rapidly losing interest in the game though, this is my first time even checking the forums in a few days. The East Asian setting was one of the main reasons I bought the game and the way RD's were implemented was just terrible and the fact the Scandi DLC is the final one has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

Back when I played the game more I was also having fun using a Scandi deck just so I could throw hordes of reservists at my friends :lol:
List of DPRK units I want
Resident KPA nerd.

Iveliar
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Iveliar » Sun 9 Nov 2014 00:34

I'm usually playing as a Soviets Armored because Soviets Armored itself is a epitome of Cold War. Unstoppable Soviets armored divisions like here, massive tanks battles in Fulda Gap and NATO nuclear mines for case if Soviets tanks is still unstoppable. Without sexy Soviets T-72 hordes I feel what that battle is a minor and too boring.

However I also playing as a Soviets Airborn, because I also love a Red Dawn and like to drop some VDV on the NATO's heads. And it's always fun when NATO don't have air superiority or sky is full of fighting jets. And I alwais love when my unkillable soviets combo - VDV'90 + spetznaz keeping entery zones from enemy units and NATO trying to NUKE THAT GODDAMN SPETZNAZ. :D

When I tired from my glorious Soviet Motherland I playing as a USA Armored, just because I love a M1 and feel when only one reason keep me away from enemy spawn - my pretentious Abrams with uranium armor gobbled up all the fuel xD

Also it's fun to play as a US Airborn, just because it's flying freedom! And it's strange when I don't see US air superiority on the battlefield...
World War should never happen again.

Sting - Russians

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sun 9 Nov 2014 00:44

Regnar wrote:Authentic specialized decks are boring. The Soviet motorized deck was the only playable motorized deck in ALB, why anyone would want to return to those days I'll never understand.

Wut

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Sun 9 Nov 2014 00:53

Bryan wrote:
Regnar wrote:Authentic specialized decks are boring. The Soviet motorized deck was the only playable motorized deck in ALB, why anyone would want to return to those days I'll never understand.

Wut

Specialized decks should be gameplay driven, not "hur dur I want to recreate the exact TO&E of the 352nd Motor-Rifle Regiment (BTR) in Bum Oblast, Siberia"-driven.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 10 Nov 2014 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

terror51247
Major

Postby terror51247 » Sun 9 Nov 2014 01:16

Regnar wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Wut

Specialized decks should be gameplay driven, not "hur dur I want to recreate the exact TO&E of the 352nd Motor-Rifle Regiment (BTR) in Bum Oblast, Siberia"-driven.

"Gameplay driven" specializations is what created the atrocious specializations that we have now(and that were even worse before).Reality based specializations are more authentic and are more viable as well because there arent stupid restrictions IRL such as "hurr no wheels in armored formations durr".
How can anyone play to a faction's strength if the major flavour of that faction is overpriced units in every category?

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Sun 9 Nov 2014 01:30

They have usable mechanised forces.

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Sun 9 Nov 2014 03:39

Bryan wrote:Gone are the days of ALB USSR motorised where you could actually bring some decent tanks and recreate a Soviet BTR MR-R.

And I couldn't care less~.

I'm frankly surprised that I can pull so hard in the right place that I repeatedly get 3 to 1'd and STILL make infantry screw a combined arms opponent. I didn't even know that was possible.

ChrisCullen Inc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby ChrisCullen Inc » Sun 9 Nov 2014 03:50

Blue: UK general, ANZAC motorised or US general. The A-10s are obligatory in the US deck as I like to keep it classy 8-)

UK general because I find the specs just cut out some really nice units. ANZAC if I want to guerilla it up and create Vietnam scenes with the 90-point napalm bombers. US is more occasional because of certain things in the deck that I personally don't use.

Red: Poland general for Wilk Master Race and Space Marines or motorised. Motorised has more SMs. Czech motorised (got to hand it to you on glorious CZ Corn) and NK motorised when the Great Leader legions must go forth and I feel like combatting the enemy AA net with massive bombs.
Last edited by ChrisCullen Inc on Sun 9 Nov 2014 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Sun 9 Nov 2014 03:51

terror51247 wrote:
Regnar wrote:
Bryan wrote:[
Wut

"Gameplay driven" specializations is what created the atrocious specializations that we have now(and that were even worse before).Reality based specializations are more authentic and are more viable as well because there arent stupid restrictions IRL such as "hurr no wheels in armored formations durr".

The specializations we have right now very obviously aren't intended for better gameplay, or if they are they've failed miserably.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 9 Nov 2014 03:54

US Armored, because elite M1IP is probably the best thing you can get for 75pts and in abundance. Nothing comes even near it.
ImageImage

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”