Enable SemAct AAM --> Counter AA Helo Spam Meta

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Re: Enable SemAct AAM --> Counter AA Helo Spam Meta

Postby Darkstar387 » Tue 11 Nov 2014 22:45

A healthy dose of Marksman fire goes a long way. Heli Spam is not only counterabe, its also expensive. I've seen a few matches where REDFOR players were hosed by a motorized push after all of their helo's were downed by SPAAG and Celtic fire, leaving no points leftover for a QRF. I have yet to see a truly unmanageable heli-spam fest, but then again I usually play low point games.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 11 Nov 2014 23:44

Darkstar387 wrote:A healthy dose of Marksman fire goes a long way. Heli Spam is not only counterabe, its also expensive. I've seen a few matches where REDFOR players were hosed by a motorized push after all of their helo's were downed by SPAAG and Celtic fire, leaving no points leftover for a QRF. I have yet to see a truly unmanageable heli-spam fest, but then again I usually play low point games.

I had one yesterday where about three players saved up and bought all the Mi-24's they could in a 10v10. There was no stopping the horde.
Courtesy of KattiValk

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 11 Nov 2014 23:45

Darkstar387 wrote:A healthy dose of Marksman fire goes a long way.

Marksman - and pretty much any other SPAAG - is not a really viable option for dealing with deathballs of helicopter spam, and not where it most counts: the opening moments of the game, when you're unlikely to be able to concentrate much AA without screwing over your initial force composition, and when even if you did, they'd never get to the key opening conflict quickly enough.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 11 Nov 2014 23:46

urogard wrote:
keebs63 wrote:A properly made ADN will destroy any helo rush, unless the enemy has like 40 Mi-24s, but then its just GG anyways unless you have 2 four stacks of Gepards on standby :lol:

Don't even need 40
1st row of 6 Mi-8MTV/Mi-17 to soak up first line of defence/provide vision/stunlock some units
2nd and 3rd row of 5-6 Mi-24s to stunlock/kill everything as they pass through you

That's enough to handle the 6-7 AA units someone will usually have at the frontline at any given time.

You are insane... what was this, Cat C?
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 11 Nov 2014 23:52

keebs63 wrote:
urogard wrote:
keebs63 wrote:A properly made ADN will destroy any helo rush, unless the enemy has like 40 Mi-24s, but then its just GG anyways unless you have 2 four stacks of Gepards on standby :lol:

Don't even need 40
1st row of 6 Mi-8MTV/Mi-17 to soak up first line of defence/provide vision/stunlock some units
2nd and 3rd row of 5-6 Mi-24s to stunlock/kill everything as they pass through you

That's enough to handle the 6-7 AA units someone will usually have at the frontline at any given time.

You are insane... what was this, Cat C?

Any random Cat A Pact Deck that's designed to handle any map and any lane (unless going up against a specialized deck in that lane ofc)
2 Cards in Helos = 3 Activation points = 12-18 Mi-24s
1 Card of Infantry + 1 Card of Recon Infantry = 10-24 (combination of Mi-8* and Mi-24Ds)

The rush I posted isn't really anything special. Don't pick Akulas/Mi-28s (too card inefficient anyway) into your deck and you can have 40 Helos easy.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Wed 12 Nov 2014 04:15

What AA helo spam meta?
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 12 Nov 2014 05:23

Mako wrote:What AA helo spam meta?

Its when they see me playing VDV deck rolling over their supercobras and tigers....
Of Salt

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Postby loosebruce » Wed 12 Nov 2014 12:18

another505 wrote:

Its when they see me playing VDV deck rolling over their supercobras and tigers....

For me HELO Spam Meta is where you have a group of more than 10 Helo's with all having AA capability e.g

Mi24V's with 8 Iglas
Ka52 with Iglas

With plane SRAAMs being so low range, they have to go right into the blob of death.

e.g. Send Rafale F1 to take out Ka 52 leading the blob, Rafale fires its SRAAM IR missile but doesn't have enough distance to turn away, then proceeds to get 8 Iglas fired up its ass.

gg

People who are saying, "Yea but my X Spaag or Hawk blah blah". In the first 5 minutes your Hawk probably hasn't covered 1/10th of the map yet....

So in conclusion to this thread, Eugen please buff SRAAM e.g. AIM 9L , Vympal

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Wed 12 Nov 2014 12:30

Problem I see is, Airborne decks are LIMITED to early spam. B ecause after a few minutes the air defense systems int he game are so overpowered that they have ZERO chances of doing anything.

Mid game and late game air defense is already too powerful, to the level that basically forces airborne decks into all in spam.

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Wed 12 Nov 2014 12:33

loosebruce wrote:
another505 wrote:

For me HELO Spam Meta is where you have a group of more than 10 Helo's with all having AA capability e.g

Mi24V's with 8 Iglas
Ka52 with Iglas

With plane SRAAMs being so low range, they have to go right into the blob of death.

e.g. Send Rafale F1 to take out Ka 52 leading the blob, Rafale fires its SRAAM IR missile but doesn't have enough distance to turn away, then proceeds to get 8 Iglas fired up its ass.

gg

People who are saying, "Yea but my X Spaag or Hawk blah blah". In the first 5 minutes your Hawk probably hasn't covered 1/10th of the map yet....

So in conclusion to this thread, Eugen please buff SRAAM e.g. AIM 9L , Vympal

That is a result of the excessive nerf to airplanes in the game because some childreen whined of airspam. Cheap planes shoudl be in way larger numbers. So you can bring a few 60-70 points airplanes . And even if you lose them , you wills till hurt way more while killing an akula for each one of them.

But nooo airplanes are so limited in red dragon that no one brings cheap planes, you need to invest EVERYTHING on few elite planes.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”