Possible tweaks to the Polish Su-22 line or USSR MiG-29

Rusknight
Captain

Re: Possible tweaks to the Polish Su-22 line or USSR MiG-29

Postby Rusknight » Fri 14 Nov 2014 16:16

urogard wrote:29M has its job as multirole and i like it, see no reason it would need a change
Sure cluster isn't a 1000 fab, but to me it's more useful.than the 4 500 fabs of the 29S

Do we even play the same game? Mig29m is comepletly useless as bomber now since it not only cannot kill any infantry but also cannot kill any tanks in fact. So if you need to kill tanks you should use mig27 or other planes with high AP anti-tank missiles which do their job just right.

The only current role of mig29m in the game now is the role of fighter

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Fri 14 Nov 2014 16:29

Why everyone wants 29M to lose its R-77? "USSR has plenty ASFs" - are u serious? The only alternative is Su27S, yak is too bad (400 turn)
Give these damn bombs to anything else (Have habe 29S anyway) but hands off MiG29M, really :evil:

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Fri 14 Nov 2014 16:34

Because the MiG-29M is expensive enough as it is and giving it a more useful loadout would drive the price up even more. So removing the R-77s would counteract this.

As far as R-77s go, you could still get them on the following planes:
-Su-27PU
-Yak 141
-Su-27M
-Su-27K (in naval games)

That's more than enough for me. The Su-27S is also a very competent fighter even if it doesn't have the R-77.

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:25

Regnar wrote:Su-27PU

Good but too expensive, 1 per card
Regnar wrote:-Yak 141

400 turn rate
Regnar wrote:Su-27M

Same as PU
Regnar wrote:-Su-27K (in naval games)

Naval only

So no, i against it, MiG29M is the only soviet plane with affordable cost, normal turn rate and 2 per card.

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:27

Why does the USSR need yet another F&F MRAAM plane when it already has three others? No other nation or coalition has even that many.

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:30

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a grand total of 0 F&F MRAAM multiroles not on Soviet?

Su-27M should be enough considering R-77 is not ITF enough for Soviet to be putting them on every thing while also exporting them :lol:

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:33

Solo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a grand total of 0 MRAAM multiroles not on Soviet?

Japan has one.

MRAAM multiroles could be interesting if they were more prolific, but I think the missiles generally just serve to drive up the price.

HardlyCriket
Sergeant Major

Postby HardlyCriket » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:48

The MRAAMs on Multirole should be the standard, not the exception. Right now if it says multirole, and it’s not Soviet, you know its price is being inflated by some SRAAMs that are worthless w/o out the MRAAMs. Ideally you need both to have an actually good ASF (which is why the Mig-29m is not good in the role, but is decent at intercepting ground attack planes that can’t fight back), but if you can only have one, the MRAAMs are the ones that are worth having.

If you want an example as to why SRAAMs are bad on multirole, just look at the Chinese JH-7 compared to the Aussie Kahu. Drastically inferior, very rarely kills its target, but costs more because it has the SRAAMs.

I don't know if it is authentic, quite frankly I don't care, gameplay wise the Soviet multirole jets are perfect and should be the standard. They still will have to deal with lower veterancy than dedicated ASFs and so long as they don’t have both types of missiles, they will never win in a head to head fight. What they will be able to do is actually engage enemy planes and if they get on the tail of an ASF, they will actually have a chance of taking it down. These should be jacks of all trades, masters of none, not overpriced ground attack planes.

I am fully aware this will never happen.
Image >Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZeIYyL_Gw

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:49

Solo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a grand total of 0 F&F MRAAM multiroles not on Soviet?

Are you serious considering 29M as miltirole? these clusters cant kill anything so its pure afs without SRAAMs

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Nov 2014 17:53

MRAAM multirole? Plenty, but a lot of them are holding SA MRAAM because Eugen likes to make jokes on bad loadouts for the Dragons.....
for FandF
SK has the SEAD MRAAM F-16
su27m

honestly, about the mig29 holding lgb, i dont agree with that
yak141 could do that, I think mikeboy did that , (USSR marine has su27pu, so thats no prob in asf department)

mig29m could either get cluster buff, or switch to napalm
USSR doesnt have good napalm, but i rather mig25rbt do the napalm job

or if yak141 becomes multirole with lgb and r73 sraam
mig29m could be ASF or just buff cluster
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”