What rules still matter?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Re: Unit of the Day (RD version - DLC #3)

Postby Rorschach » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:23

Eugen doesn't even give a shit anymore. What rules haven't they broken? Can we expect the new unit to be a submarine? Or an aircraft carrier? Or tactical nukes?

Is anything holy anymore?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:26

Spårljuspansarprojektil 95, should be more like 22 AP I believe.
Last edited by Darkmil on Fri 14 Nov 2014 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

What rules still matter?

Postby Rorschach » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:28

Since the inclusion of tactical anti air, massively OOTF units, and tanks that had been specifically denied and rejected multiple times over many months, are there any rules that Eugen has used to deny units that still count?

Can we expect the mystery unit to be the Type 99 MBT for China? Seriously, this is a possibility now. OOTF isn't really a viable argument since things like the NK T90 and CV90, it would add flavour to China, it would fill a bigger hole in capability than the Patriot ever did, and it would buff an underpowered coalition.

For real, what unbroken rules are there that would prevent the Type 99 being added? Or have we reached the point where the only reason for a unit not being included is Eugen's whim, and the facade of realism or reasoning for unit inclusion is dropped?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Cyk0
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Cyk0 » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:30

Rorschach wrote:Eugen doesn't even give a shit anymore. What rules haven't they broken? Can we expect the new unit to be a submarine? Or an aircraft carrier? Or tactical nukes?

What about the 121 is so upseting?

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:31

Hahahahaha! Where are all the "NO LEOPARD 2 GUIS MADMAT CONFIRMED IT!11!11ONE!111" guys?

Told you so.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:33

Cyk0 wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Eugen doesn't even give a shit anymore. What rules haven't they broken? Can we expect the new unit to be a submarine? Or an aircraft carrier? Or tactical nukes?

"No leopards for Scandinavia" is a Eugen statement that's been around since ALB was announced and people were wondering what units Scandinavia would get.

The reasoning was that in Eugens timeline, the Berlin Wall never fell, so all post 1990 weapons selling are null and void. This line was used many times for many different units. No exported leopards was part of this. Suddenly, Scandinavia gets their hands on a Leopard tank. What.

Huginn
Warrant Officer

Postby Huginn » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:35

I'm just laughing at all of this. Especially towards Eugen :lol:

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:35

Rorschach wrote:
Cyk0 wrote:

"No leopards for Scandinavia" is a Eugen statement that's been around since ALB was announced and people were wondering what units Scandinavia would get.

The reasoning was that in Eugens timeline, the Berlin Wall never fell, so all post 1990 weapons selling are null and void. This line was used many times for many different units. No exported leopards was part of this. Suddenly, Scandinavia gets their hands on a Leopard tank. What.

As Madmat said "this leo is an indigenous produced tank". What is hard to understand in this phrase?

Canute
Sergeant Major

Postby Canute » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:37

Rorschach wrote:Is anything holy anymore?

Dunno. Does the pope shit in the woods?

You're talking as if a statemen - which Eugen may or may not have intended to be interpreted in a certain way - is some sort of law. If changing your mind is illegal, why are we even having discussions?
Eugen didn't originally plan to add it, but the Marshalls asked for it, and I for one am quite glad they relented. It gives scandi a well armored offensive MBT - something which will probably do more than any other single unit to break the forced defensive nature of scandi playstyles. =)

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 14 Nov 2014 20:39

Bougnas wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Cyk0 wrote:What about the 121 is so upseting?

As Madmat said "this leo is an indigenous produced tank". What is hard to understand in this phrase?

The fact that it is based almost entirely off of the leopard tank. That tank that isn't allowed to be exported because no post 1990 sales.

If this is the strvv 122, it's OOTF

If this is a pure Leopard 2A4, then it should be there because it stays in Germany in this timeline.

Which wrong do you prefer?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”