ATGM bizarre differences

SpeisCheese
Captain

ATGM bizarre differences

Postby SpeisCheese » Sun 16 Nov 2014 21:36

I know that the tank update was a really nice update, because tanks were as useful as WW2 tanks. Now thanks to the update, armoured warfare got much more interesting. BUT there has been some gameplay changes too. More and more high-end tanks are being used, killing every medium tank. It is really hard to kill such monsters. But Eugen already announced a buff for all modern medium tanks with 105 cannons and this update is a nice addition for modern armoured warfare.
But a really important unit series is being useless now. ATGM's. There are really bizarre stats for each missile series. Here some examples.
    -TOW and HOT a wired, optic guided missiles. In real life, the TOW offers a better speed compared to HOT's, but the HOT offers better penetration. Konkurs are wire-guided too. But the last konkurs(50% accuracy) is as accurate as the 70's TOW.
    -Old ATGM's are useless. I don't say they should get a buff, because they're really old, but their acc. is also a bit surprising for wire-guided missiles.
    -Ataka Rockets are laser guided and use radio frequences(so wireless) , but offers just 50%. Pretty understandable, because radio-jamming is easy. But for the same prize, you can get a Longbow or Apache, which got 20% more accuracy, better AP and F&F features. I don't want any buffs or nerfs for their missiles, but I am a bit surprised by their prize difference.
These are actual points with most ATGM's. If there are more problems with ATGM's, please write them down.

What I hope are new changes for ATGM's before WRD is abondonned.
I often heard that it is done for balancing, but why are TOW's so good and HOT's not? I mean, why such a difference. I really hope Eugen gives a small look at them.

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Re: ATGM bizarre differences

Postby Countess Bathory » Sun 16 Nov 2014 21:52

ATGMs need to actually be fixed before anything, they're still bizarrely bugged.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Anette_Olzon
Private First-Class

Postby Anette_Olzon » Sun 16 Nov 2014 22:13

Darkus1155 wrote: Pretty understandable, because radio-jamming is easy.

For the frequencies they use - not easy. And its Vikhr that uses both guidance systems. Ataka in Radio only.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Sun 16 Nov 2014 22:23

the lowest ATGM accuracy value should be 40%, and that should be reserved for legacy systems that had a history of being hard to aim. (Dragon, AT-3 sagger, SS-11)

50%, even for basic milan, should be the real minimum and most ATGMs should be shifted towards the 70% cutoff... In my opinion.

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Postby RedDevilCG » Sun 16 Nov 2014 22:24

Anette_Olzon wrote:

For the frequencies they use - not easy. And its Vikhr that uses both guidance systems. Ataka in Radio only.

Just curious. What frequencies do they use, and what makes these frequencies hard to jam? Not that it should apply to WG, as gameplay is more important.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sun 16 Nov 2014 22:51

RedDevilCG wrote:
Anette_Olzon wrote:

Just curious. What frequencies do they use, and what makes these frequencies hard to jam? Not that it should apply to WG, as gameplay is more important.

Radio-jam is hard, but we are in 1991, where radio jamming became much more easy than in 1980(WALB)

spyker92
Lieutenant

Postby spyker92 » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:14

Countess Bathory wrote:ATGMs need to actually be fixed before anything, they're still bizarrely bugged.

Not really bugged, just a result of their reworked aim mechanics.

They all need higher accuracy, and variants like the Malyutka P1 and Malyutka 2 (I'm sure blufor has some non-model changing variants they can sneak in too) should be reroll some of the existing units in order to fill in anti-tank gaps of the current national / coalition deck line ups.

Higher base accuracy, more variants, better AP/ACC standardization. The weapons simply need to be more reliable over all.

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:21

Darkus1155 wrote:Konkurs are wire-guided too. But the last konkurs(50% accuracy) is as accurate as the 70's TOW.
-Old ATGM's are useless. I don't say they should get a buff, because they're really old, but their acc. is also a bit surprising for wire-guided missiles.
-Ataka Rockets are laser guided and use radio frequences(so wireless) , but offers just 50%. Pretty understandable, because radio-jamming is easy. But for the same prize, you can get a Longbow or Apache, which got 20% more accuracy, better AP and F&F features. I don't want any buffs or nerfs for their missiles, but I am a bit surprised by their prize difference.

That's the most wierd thing. Just why TOWs are that more accurate than milans and konkurs/konkurs-m? Why 20%+ difference?

And i must add that in real game 50% accuracy on ATGM means far less than 1 hits out of 2.

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:31

ATGMs is now fine for me, exept 3 points: stupidously high TOW series ACC, stupidously low Vikhr ACC and too low Ataka AP(for IRL and game both: IRL it have better AP that Kokon and just little lower that TOW-2. In game you need TEN missiles to kill top tank)

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:38

I think most ATGMs in game must be reworked.
Low-end old one must have 40-50% acc, they still won't be good because of AP, but at least hitting with them wont be such a "holy ****, that thing actually hitted something" :lol:
Mid-tier ATGMs like HOT, Konkurs and TOW - well 50-55% with good AP would be ok (after DLC scandies will have non-atgm tools for dealing with tanks so nerf for TOW2 wont hurt)
And high-end... of course good acc + good AP.

Don't know how to deal with short-range atgms, though.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”