USA Mechanized is a terrible deck

captaincarnage
Major

USA Mechanized is a terrible deck

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 1 Dec 2014 17:58

Ok, this has been annoying me ever since DLC1, the USA has the worst Mechanized deck of all the major powers in game.

Why you ask? Well here's why:
1) Its infantry based medium to long range anti tank capability is non existent - every other major or coalition mechanized deck has at least something with decent range and or 15+ ap. I regard this as an essential component in any deck let alone one with 9 infantry slots.
2) It has no flamethrower infantry and 5 man napalm launcher squads are rarely used for a very good reason
3) Its line and elite infantry uses pretty much the worst machine gun in game, i think only the BREN sucks more and that was designed in the 1930's...
4) Its short range infantry based anti tank capability is generally poor when compared with other nations capabilities
5) Not essential but it doesn't have a survivable gunship helicopter with really effective ranged AT capability which given the shortcomings in points 1&4 is quite bad

To be balanced here are the positives:
1) Aircraft
2) Bradley's
3) Hemitt supply trucks
4) Access to Abrams series up to M1a1
5) Access to a naplam tank - hardly unique but at least its useful occasionally
6) Access to Tow2 platform in the vehicle tab
7) Cavalry scouts :lol:
8) Stinger C - not the very best manpad around but at least it's reliable and relatively cost effective

You will note from the positives i've listed only the stinger C falls into the infantry category which points to whats really rotten with this deck and with the exception of the air tab, there's nothing there could be described as being close to class leading.

My suggestions to remedy this problem;
1) For the love of god give america a decent infantry based ATGM team or make light riflemen available in mechanized decks by giving them an M113 as a transport option. Vehicle based ATGM's are pretty useless in built up areas where you would definitely want a mechanized deck to go and the TOW is too slow to conduct stand off attacks on targets which can maneuver quickly or shoot back...Also please don't even think of mentioning cav scouts in the same breath as decent infantry ATGM squad :evil:
2) Buff 5 men napalm squads to 10 men and nerf the price by 5 points - this would also help out other nations who don't have flamethrower squads and make the more modern versions of napalm launchers used more often than the weapons they're supposed to replace which should be a good thing...
3) Give delta force the stoner and carl gustav and price nerf by 5 points and give riflemen 90 an authentic machine gun (M240?)
4) If no anti tank improvements are made to US Mech infantry based capability then give the US mech deck access to the Vanilla Apache so they are slightly less gimped in the AT department
5) Buff all light infantry squads to shock training. Most of these units are overpriced and or useless and could do with some love.

Feel free to mention anything i've missed or critisize my suggestions and try to confine your suggestions to stuff which might be reasonably likely to be doable - I don't think we're likely to see the M1a2 and longbow apache in US mechanized decks outside of mods...

Please confine your comments to the topic at hand, if you feel your favorite mechanized deck needs a buff then feel free to open another thread about it :)
Last edited by captaincarnage on Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Re: USA Mechanized is a terrible deck

Postby Kolovrat » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:09

US Mech will be a terrible deck anyway because in W:RD US infantry is ridiculous. Nothing can change it until US deck gets at least proper SF.

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:09

US Mech will be a terrible deck anyway because in W:RD US infantry is ridiculous. Nothing can change it until US deck gets at least proper SF.

Sorry for doubleposting. Please, delete it.
Last edited by Kolovrat on Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:09

Funny how you want the light infantry to become a shock unit, as they aren't even available in a mechanized deck :roll: (not that I would not support this suggestion, just saying)
Nonetheless, some of these things have been proposed already (e.g. Delta Force / Riflemen '90 buff), so I would not count on it to happen :?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:13

Only mech decks worth anything are the ones with shock troops, ie EC and NSWP.

US Mech may not have infantry with ATGM teams for a damn, but it can put out a lot of vetted up TOW 2 launchers, so I really don't count it as a fault.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:19

Razzmann wrote:Funny how you want the light infantry to become a shock unit, as they aren't even available in a mechanized deck :roll: (not that I would not support this suggestion, just saying)
Nonetheless, some of these things have been proposed already (e.g. Delta Force / Riflemen '90 buff), so I would not count on it to happen :?

You missed the bit in my post where i suggested making light riflemen available in mech deck, probably got lost in my rant about the lack of infantry ATGMS...

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:21

Does anyone remember ALB era US Mech? It was the glory days, wiping out hordes of Ivan on the Scandinavian fields.

Do you know why it was good back then? Because specializations weren't as tits up uselessly (and might I add inauthentically) gimped. Truth is, even back in ALB the US was an underdog to the USSR, but the Mech deck had access to a lot of what made the US good so it was at least viable. Now, with the hysterical US infantry tab and the gimped specializations it's just...sad.

Fade2Gray wrote:Only mech decks worth anything are the ones with shock troops, ie EC and NSWP.

US Mech may not have infantry with ATGM teams for a damn, but it can put out a lot of vetted up TOW 2 launchers, so I really don't count it as a fault.
That would be peachy if every TOW carrier wasn't paper thin and cost out the nut (with the exception of up armored Brad).

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:30

EC mech is disgusting.

I have no words.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:34

integ3r wrote:EC mech is disgusting.

I have no words.

I guess it's that amazing ammo count for the comvat which compensates :?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 1 Dec 2014 18:35

captaincarnage wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Funny how you want the light infantry to become a shock unit, as they aren't even available in a mechanized deck :roll: (not that I would not support this suggestion, just saying)

You missed the bit in my post where i suggested making light riflemen available in mech deck, probably got lost in my rant about the lack of infantry ATGMS...

I must have overlooked that, my bad :)

integ3r wrote:EC mech is disgusting.

I have no words.

srsly ? :roll:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”