ATGM Bug

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: ATGM Bug

Postby another505 » Sat 6 Dec 2014 07:05

shuai-jan wrote:My Akulas waste so many missiles, it is incredible.

Is russian engineering design
psychological weapon > practical damage
Of Salt

skiierman1
Command Sergeant Major

Postby skiierman1 » Sat 6 Dec 2014 07:42

This would explain the Malyutka. Who knows, they might thing it's a konkurs. :D

LTSarcasm
Command Sergeant Major

Postby LTSarcasm » Sat 6 Dec 2014 09:26

skiierman1 wrote:This would explain the Malyutka. Who knows, they might thing it's a konkurs. :D

I fired 36 Malyutkas at a group of 4 M60A3s, only around one-fifth of them hit.

As my main deck largely only has TOW missiles for ATGMs, I basically have to work around not having any viable ATGMs at all. It gets patently silly with stuff like early hellfires and the Vihrs, which are very expensive missiles to send out and they still hit nothing.

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Sat 6 Dec 2014 09:35

Its just that the accuracy rating is not representative of the damage potential of ATGMs, especially early ones that are slower and presumably suject to more dice rolls.

This makes pricing for them more difficult since stats are misleading.

Dash_Riprock
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Dash_Riprock » Sat 6 Dec 2014 10:12

Yakhont wrote:Its just that the accuracy rating is not representative of the damage potential of ATGMs, especially early ones that are slower and presumably suject to more dice rolls.

This makes pricing for them more difficult since stats are misleading.

Precisely.

They only partially reversed the unintentional ATGM change from DLC1 because people like it better when the ATGMs miss more. Personally I agree, at least to an extent. The problem, though, is that instead of scaling all the ATGMs down in an intelligent way, they did it in a way that effects some ATGMs way more than others, and the balance got destroyed. Hence you hardly ever see LAVs anymore, among other things.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sat 6 Dec 2014 21:35

There is a bug, and mostly for laser and optic guided missiles which aren't F&F. The Hellfire misses 1/2 but HOTs, Milans, Mavericks, and other land and air based missiles got bad accuracy.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Sat 6 Dec 2014 22:48

Guys it's not a bug.....
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 7 Dec 2014 00:36

keebs63 wrote:Guys it's not a bug.....

Exactly, there is a value in the game files making the game "launching the dices" every 1 second (for the Akula at least) to know if the ATGM will hit, it also works if the first dice roll was making the missile go astray, the second one may make it go to the target...

Rosalis
Master Sergeant

Postby Rosalis » Sun 7 Dec 2014 00:49

Without taking any sides in the discussion on whether ATGMs are underpowered or not [they might be, but the game plays better that way], shouldn't the stated / algorithmic accuracy be corrected as not to punish slow missiles twice?

skiierman1
Command Sergeant Major

Postby skiierman1 » Sun 7 Dec 2014 00:52

That would be nice. My main issue with ATGMs as they stand is that the 'on paper' accuracy seems to have no bearing on the actual performance of the missile. It makes if very difficult to trust an ATGM carrier when it misses 4 consecutive shots with a 70% Accuracy missile.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”