(v594) DLC #3 Early Access Beta ... is live

Kraxis
Major-General

Re: (v594) DLC #3 Early Access Beta ... is live

Postby Kraxis » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:23

LittleTinGod wrote:I just constructed a Danish Deck and really ran into a huge problem with the fact that the DK CMD squad, the FKP Commando Infantry and the Jagere and Jagere '90 all share only 3 Lynx chopper's and 1 MD Jupiter for Transport Options. Also the low availably of only 2 M/113A3-DK transports is a problem for these and some other units as well but primarily is the Lynx and MD Jupiters that are are problem. Maybe 1 extra for each of these transports and/or allowing the M6 Mosegris for them as well?

The M6 won't be opened up more. Simply speaking it shouldn't even be present as it is.
The Lynx and Jupiter issue is old though? I can't remember to be honest. But I think it has been like that since last transport change to Denmark. Obviously it is hardly very optimal given that most other countries have transports for all their units if need be. But transport is pretty much Denmark's main problem within the game, so it can hardly surprise that such happens.

It is a worthy complaint. [just figured out that I didn't make that clear]
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:33

Guggy wrote:
Yep. IRL, the Smerch, Uragan, and MLRS etc are actually surprisingly accurate. Horrifyingly so, really.

Even the BM-21 can get a surprisingly tight grid of destruction if properly zero'd.

Nah, BM-21 and BM-27 - childplay compared to Smerch. It have inertially stabilised rockets, last ones - also with satellite correction. Not even comparable in acc with any tube arty or any other MLRS in world(in era of wargame, now chinese MLSR have comparable acc)

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Postby Poptart Lover » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:40

thenosh wrote:
Which buffs do you have in mind?

1. Delta force being buffed. There's no reason why a 25pt SF unit, is as weak as a militia unit.

2. Turn either the F-18/A into an ASF for Marines, or switched the F-14 over from naval tab to air tab. The Marines need an ASF other then the early Vietnam era F-4J.

3. Longbow should have 60-70% stability.

4. Paladin needs 1 more availability to make it equal to the MSTA.
Image I don't support 100x PX size!

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:46

Great ones.
Additional suggestions:

- Roland& Gepard series could use same treatment like OSAs one.
- F16A could be 'clean' SRAAM boat and C could get those AIM-120s finally
- ADATS love needed ;)
Last edited by HaryPL on Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

VioA
Staff Sergeant

Postby VioA » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:49

I got a boner...

terror51247
Major

Postby terror51247 » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:55

Mitchverr wrote:
terror51247 wrote:The fusiliers's 90 anti tank weapon is obviously much better than the rpg 7 vr.Its machine gun is much better too.Just check the machine gun rebalance thread.

But the fussy aint good enough to be 20 points on line with shock troops really.

Tis the price of the 5 point system, some benefit, others dont, this is 1 of the very few units that does for the UK (cough 30 point recon vehicles same price as full on mbt recon tanks cough)

Would be nice for a much more "in depth" pricing system but heh.

I agree with you that fusiliers 90 arent near shock leve.The problem is that the motostrelki is too weak because of its awful machine gun and rpg.The motostrelki isnt the only victim.Rifleman 90, zanshi 85, syoujyou buntai 90,sochong su85 have the same problem as well.Those units need a buff.
How can anyone play to a faction's strength if the major flavour of that faction is overpriced units in every category?

SzikraTheDragon
Sergeant First-Class

Postby SzikraTheDragon » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:56

Amazing! Thank you EUGEN! I see after the balance and bugs iron out, we'll have a fresh Wargame!

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 12 Dec 2014 23:58

I've dinked around with the DLC a fair bit, and here's what I've felt so far.

Mot Schutzen = Master Race. *shrugs* Will be fixed, but the AK glitch makes multiplay a bit silly at the moment if you want to do serious infantry fighting. Still, it was funny seeing all these people trying out Vikings for the first time only to have their feelings hurt because Super Best Germany Engineering, heh.

Command tanks, I love the price cut, but I have the feeling they still need something more. For me, the big selling point of them was supposed to be top AV. Sadly, there's a lot of command tanks that have top AV the same as thin skinned command IFVs. Maybe +1 top AV for all command tanks?

Many tanks still in need of a lot of love. From the M60s to Chieftains to T-80s and the T-55s/62s, there's a lot of price adjustments I really want to see. I desperately hope that price fixes come for all the tanks in need of tweaking.

Artillery, sadly we still very much have the status quo. Mortars, god tier artillery, HE 10, and MLRS are what you take. Mid/low level howitzers have no room whatsoever in a serious deck. Ironic because most mortars/HE 10 guns are Cat C like the low end howitzers, yet they see far more use. Then there's the oddball artillery from Best Korea, which while expensive, is still not worth it, at all.

Red Dragons, and especially Best Korea, is in desperate need of something. Best Korea, being by and large made up of lots of junk equipment, could at least be geared to a true spam deck if you just slashed prices across the board for everything. Don't even get me started on what is supposed to be Best Korea's big guns.

Infantry, I actually cringed a bit at how shock infantry got their numbers buffed. I was hoping they would be left as is, with elite infantry taking a massive avail nerf. We have T-72BUs, AS-90s, and Rafales where the max you can generally take is two, for infantry...

for China, with Zhansi '90, you basic line infantry you can field about 40 squads at trained.
Lu Zhandui '90, your shock infantry/Marines, you can field 30 squads at hardened.
Li Jian '90, your commandos/SF/elite infantry, you can field 20 squads at veteran.

Compare this to tanks...

ZTZ-59-II you can field about 50 tanks.
ZTZ-85-III you can field just 7.

If you want to compare FRG tanks...
Leopard 2A5, 2 tanks.
Leopard 1A4, 19 for just ONE SINGLE CARD, and you can take a second one to make it 38.

That's about twenty times the numbers you can field.

You can field 7 times more low end tanks as you can top tier. Line infantry however you can only field twice the numbers compared to elites.

Honestly, I still think that infantry above line infantry need their numbers trimmed.

In short, there's a lot of good little tweaks, because compared to the first DLC where there was a wonderfully awesome overhaul and tanks became useful again, this DLC leaves me feeling a bit let down. I'll hope for the best and keep wishing for more tweaks, but I guess we shall see.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

K98-Schütze[GER]
Command Sergeant Major

Postby K98-Schütze[GER] » Sat 13 Dec 2014 00:02

I just went to the DLC3 Beta....

....Carl Gustav M3 of danish FKB = 875m ??
In the patchlog something else is written.....

...I am looking now for more misstakes....

EDIT:
LSTR and Kommandosi still 875m and Motostrelki 75 = 700m and Motostrelki 90 = 525m........which reason it has? Misstake maybe?

EDIT 2:
Livgarden Carl Gustav M3 also on 875m.......
Last edited by K98-Schütze[GER] on Sat 13 Dec 2014 00:08, edited 2 times in total.

Poptart Lover
Lieutenant

Postby Poptart Lover » Sat 13 Dec 2014 00:03

HaryPL wrote:Great ones.
Additional suggestions:

- Roland& Gepard series could use same treatment like OSAs one.
- F16A could be 'clean' SRAAM boat and C could get those AIM-120s finally
- ADATS love needed ;)

Agree with the first two suggestions. I have to disagree with the ADATS. It's an already amazing system which has the capability of taking out all helicopters, and most tanks. Though I might bend to it having price decreased to 80pts.
Image I don't support 100x PX size!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”