M113 transport options for Denmark?

Rosalis
Master Sergeant

Re: M113 transport options for Denmark?

Postby Rosalis » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:13

Eagel (Spejdervogn) as transport option for special forces?

No less cramped than Deltas riding in the trunk of the V-150.

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:29

Jawehawk wrote:Dealing with stupidity by thinking happy thoughts. Never ;)

Every buff is a good buff. ;)

I am just looking for realistic ways to buff Denmark. A wheeled, armoured transport is doubly unrealistic for being ootf (a minor problem admittedly with stuff like the Ka-52) and for requiring a new unit (a far greater problem at the end of the game's life cycle).

Major Duck
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Major Duck » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:43

Flieger wrote:
Jawehawk wrote:Dealing with stupidity by thinking happy thoughts. Never ;)

Every buff is a good buff. ;)

I am just looking for realistic ways to buff Denmark. A wheeled, armoured transport is doubly unrealistic for being ootf (a minor problem admittedly with stuff like the Ka-52) and for requiring a new unit (a far greater problem at the end of the game's life cycle).

Then give us our trucks back its not as if they are not in the game just look in the recon tab and then there wouldn't be a problem because most of those that use those exploitation tactics prolly wont play DK (and they are using low end APCs anyway so the solution EUGEN made dossent work as intended anyway and then you and others wont have to be bent out of shape for giving DK a vehicle only 2 years ootf with no real game changing stats other then to provide us with some fast vehicles for those 5 first minutes , problem solved :roll:
Image Happy New Year

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:29

Flieger wrote:I am just looking for realistic ways to buff Denmark. A wheeled, armoured transport is doubly unrealistic for being ootf (a minor problem admittedly with stuff like the Ka-52) and for requiring a new unit (a far greater problem at the end of the game's life cycle).

Or the AMOS... Essentially the same date, and got the same argument. "Added because it fills an important gap." I don't know about you guys, but I consider fast transports to be more important than mortars. Even awesome ones like the AMOS.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Rosalis
Master Sergeant

Postby Rosalis » Thu 18 Dec 2014 07:53

Denmark really is getting a raw deal here. Aircraft line-up is not much to complain about since rotten selections and loadouts are more common than good ones across all factions, but lack of transport and no CQC MG3 for 20p shock infantry is brutal.
I'd like to see a reason the Eagel couldn't be assigned a SF transport role in addition to the recon role, bumping my proposal since y'all didn't seem to notice it.
Finally AMOS is actually very important to Sweden. It's the only way to deploy smoke, since Bkan1As are way to supply-demanding and slow-firing for that use.

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Postby Jawehawk » Thu 18 Dec 2014 16:16

Rosalis wrote:Denmark really is getting a raw deal here. Aircraft line-up is not much to complain about since rotten selections and loadouts are more common than good ones across all factions, but lack of transport and no CQC MG3 for 20p shock infantry is brutal.
I'd like to see a reason the Eagel couldn't be assigned a SF transport role in addition to the recon role, bumping my proposal since y'all didn't seem to notice it.
Finally AMOS is actually very important to Sweden. It's the only way to deploy smoke, since Bkan1As are way to supply-demanding and slow-firing for that use.

The newest BKAN is entirely capable of deploying smoke effectively, as it is a 10 sec arty piece abd it's RoF is among the best. The AMOS is absurdly out of timeframe.

The M/95 has very little carrying capacity, not to mention that our special forces aren't the ones in need of a fast transport, as they already have access to a truck and helicopter.

DasBlut
Sergeant First-Class

Postby DasBlut » Thu 18 Dec 2014 16:40

I'm pretty sure the danish used some rented finish Sixu on the Balkans in the early 90's for patrolling. Specifically Macedonia.

Maybe its not out of scope with a couple of those in the danish deck.

Jawehawk
Lieutenant

Postby Jawehawk » Thu 18 Dec 2014 16:57

DasBlut wrote:I'm pretty sure the danish used some rented finish Sixu on the Balkans in the early 90's for patrolling. Specifically Macedonia.

Maybe its not out of scope with a couple of those in the danish deck.

We leased 11 from Finland for use as armored ambulances. To be honest, they have no relevance to a cold war scenario.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 18 Dec 2014 19:11

Buff the M/113G. IRL it's the famous M113G3DK, that used much better automotive components. Buff speed to 70 km/h and autonomy to 500km+ and then it's ok.

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Thu 18 Dec 2014 19:32

Rosalis wrote:no CQC MG3 for 20p shock infantry is brutal.

I still assume that is an oversight and hope for its correction. It should be the l.MG3 for both Livgarden units, otherwise they are not worth the price.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”