The Truth about American Infantry

User avatar
BLUE MAN
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon 3 Nov 2014 01:21
Location: Mnhttn

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby BLUE MAN » Thu 18 Dec 2014 05:35

Mike wrote:
trineroks wrote:
Mike wrote:Yet another example of US and Soviet roles being swapped :lol:

Except this type of strategy is used with basically any deck?


Image


LOL!
stupid neckbeards and noobs ruin the WRD

User avatar
trineroks
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2014 04:16
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby trineroks » Thu 18 Dec 2014 05:36

Mike wrote:
trineroks wrote:
Mike wrote:Yet another example of US and Soviet roles being swapped :lol:

Except this type of strategy is used with basically any deck?


Image
There is no "swapping of roles" at all, because both sides use the same strategy.

But I'm not going to be arguing semantics here.
Image

User avatar
KattiValk
General
Posts: 6320
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2013 03:39
Location: Houston, Texas (CST)
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby KattiValk » Thu 18 Dec 2014 05:37

trineroks wrote:There is no "swapping of roles" at all, because both sides use the same strategy.
Actually, the USSR plays like the US should in quite a few ways. It's a sad joke really.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Mike » Thu 18 Dec 2014 06:07

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
trineroks wrote:There is no "swapping of roles" at all, because both sides use the same strategy.
Actually, the USSR plays like the US should in quite a few ways. It's a sad joke really.


Like for example the amount of R-77's compared to AMRAAM's.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Poptart Lover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2014 00:02
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Poptart Lover » Thu 18 Dec 2014 06:34

Mike wrote:
Like for example the amount of R-77's compared to AMRAAM's.


That's a good example. Last night I counted AMRAAMs to R-77s. I think it was 6 R-77 Platforms to 4 AMRAAM platforms. Quite sad, seeming as the R-77 is OOTF, but somehow on more planes then AMRAAMs.
Image I don't support 100x PX size!

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 18 Dec 2014 15:24

R-77 isn't really OOTF, it's in the prototype time frame. But that's the issue, the soviets have more prototype MRAAMs than the US has in time frame MRAAMs.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

User avatar
Xeno426
Carbon 13
Posts: 11965
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 21:27
Location: Acheron, Hadley's Hope
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 18 Dec 2014 18:39

Bullfrog wrote:R-77 isn't really OOTF, it's in the prototype time frame. But that's the issue, the soviets have more prototype MRAAMs than the US has in time frame MRAAMs.

Not just prototype, but ever in service. The R-77 never got adopted, and only (IIRC) one MiG-29 9.13S squadron was ever outfitted to carry them.
Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Leon026
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun 26 Feb 2012 09:36
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Leon026 » Thu 18 Dec 2014 18:43

Poptart Lover wrote:All SF infantry should be nerfed down in terms of availability, but be buffed in fire power, making them the strongest and extremely hard to take down.




Nerfed in availability yes.

Buffed in fire power most definitely not.



Since when you do you see special forces engage in conventional warfare?
Image

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 18 Dec 2014 19:55

Leon026 wrote:Since when you do you see special forces engage in conventional warfare?


When was the last war?


I don't really get this argument.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

User avatar
Bougnas
Major-General
Posts: 3699
Joined: Sat 26 Apr 2014 18:24
Contact:

Re: The Truth about American Infantry

Postby Bougnas » Thu 18 Dec 2014 20:04

Xeno426 wrote:
Bullfrog wrote:R-77 isn't really OOTF, it's in the prototype time frame. But that's the issue, the soviets have more prototype MRAAMs than the US has in time frame MRAAMs.

Not just prototype, but ever in service. The R-77 never got adopted, and only (IIRC) one MiG-29 9.13S squadron was ever outfitted to carry them.



AA-12 Adder? He got adopted man.
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests