Warrant Officer

Re: Smerch deserves nerf/buff

Postby fiese_moep » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:43

it got nerved. it is fine now.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:49

Get rid of cluster artillery entirely, give Smerch some good normal MRLS stats.

Really, really bad addition to the game in terms of tactics and the gameplay result. Regardless of the aiming time, it will still always be used to 'auto-win' defensive actions and to essentially clear/paniclock all defenders from a zone without putting recon at risk or having to manage your manoeuvres. Whether that's BLUFOR MARS 2 or REDFOR Smerch (and others), it's just not good for Wargame.

The raw AP was never the problem. The capability to launch cluster attacks across the map from total safety and either destroy or render effectively useless an entire zone full of enemies is.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Wed 17 Dec 2014 22:57

I agree with the Doc.

Strong Arty at a specific target unit is not the problem.
But these huge Cluster-Spams are not good.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:02

DoktorvonWer wrote:Get rid of cluster artillery entirely, give Smerch some good normal MRLS stats.

Really, really bad addition to the game in terms of tactics and the gameplay result. Regardless of the aiming time, it will still always be used to 'auto-win' defensive actions and to essentially clear/paniclock all defenders from a zone without putting recon at risk or having to manage your manoeuvres. Whether that's BLUFOR MARS 2 or REDFOR Smerch (and others), it's just not good for Wargame.

The raw AP was never the problem. The capability to launch cluster attacks across the map from total safety and either destroy or render effectively useless an entire zone full of enemies is.

I agree, it's bad for gameplay in it's current form.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Cpt Einsten
Warrant Officer

Postby Cpt Einsten » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:19

DoktorvonWer wrote:Get rid of cluster artillery entirely, give Smerch some good normal MRLS stats.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:32

I don't like it, but I agree.

I was one of those that thought cluster artillery and MLRS would be 'omg-awesome-sauce'. But it seems to me now that it just can't be made good overall. It would just be better if it wasn't there.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:34

MLRS, and cluster MLRS, probably should get massive supply cost nerfs.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:36

terror51247 wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:Smerch deserves to be nerfed into utter uselessness or removed from the game.

So should every other large mlrs and atacms.

Now were getting somewhere :twisted:
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

triarii
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby triarii » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:38

^^this. I 100% agree.

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Wed 17 Dec 2014 23:38

The ironic thing is that whilst everyone whined about ATACMS, Smerch and Mars are worse for gameplay in the sense of clearing out every defensive line your enemy puts up.

Seriously, get four of them with a load of Fobs/Munas/LCU and spam mercilessly. Your enemies wont despair, they'll quit as Cluster MLRS are nigh on unkillable.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”