Second-Lieutenant

Re: Mysterious Crater Layer

Postby Hollywood Myth » Sun 28 Dec 2014 23:58

inb4 OpusTheFoul shows up with a "stay on topic or lock. Topic: crater layer"

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Mon 29 Dec 2014 00:07

Crater Layer looks like shit, make it look like EE pls.
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Mon 29 Dec 2014 00:09

Hollywood Myth wrote:inb4 OpusTheFoul shows up with a "stay on topic or lock. Topic: crater layer"

And they probably wonder how the forums got like they are.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Mon 29 Dec 2014 00:22

fatfluffycat wrote:Crater Layer looks like shit, make it look like EE pls.

I agree, revert back to ALB or EE or something!
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 29 Dec 2014 01:50

Ground Deformation is pretty hard to accomplish. Especially on big maps with lots of craters.
They look really good.. From the right height and angle

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Mon 29 Dec 2014 01:57

Maybe it's because of the new terrain in RD. In ALB terrain heights only came in those plateau things, so craters could be rendered above ground and not count as LOS blockers or cover. Now in RD, with all of the depressions and small hills, they can't be rendered above ground as they would either have to be considered terrain (engine probably couldn't do mid-game terrain changes) or would be complained about by us because they weren't terrain. I don't support ugly craters, but I'd hope for some verification on wether this is the real reason
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 29 Dec 2014 03:55

realfakealex wrote:It won't be fixed, they'll be working on AOA now and this is not a pressing concern for them....

A shame as it looks so awful.

Rorschach wrote:
GBNATO wrote:Just love all this Eugen acknowledgement....

You'll rarely see Eugen acknowledgement of a naval thread, or a thread about craters or artillery on helicopters.

It's sad that Eugen apparently has "no-go" areas when it comes to community involvement.

edthebeast wrote:Maybe it's because of the new terrain in RD. In ALB terrain heights only came in those plateau things, so craters could be rendered above ground and not count as LOS blockers or cover. Now in RD, with all of the depressions and small hills, they can't be rendered above ground as they would either have to be considered terrain (engine probably couldn't do mid-game terrain changes) or would be complained about by us because they weren't terrain. I don't support ugly craters, but I'd hope for some verification on wether this is the real reason

Pretty much everything about RD is kind of bad or bitter sweet. The Red Dragons were left in a sad state despite being what the game is about, nations that didn't need to be fixed got fixed, and others were poorly represented. The maps are poorly designed, poorly balanced, not fun to play on, and look nothing like China or korea(not even the Gobi desert parts). The naval aspect has had the same problems since beta, the chosen time setting wasn't the best, the ai was worse than the ALB AI, lots of bad skins and inaccurate models, no mod support.

Now with that said, I still think Eugen is a great dev. I Just think they bit off more than they could chew and decided to make the best of a bad situation. I just hope that the mistakes of RD are learned from.

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Mon 29 Dec 2014 03:57

Shrike wrote:Now with that said, I still think Eugen is a great dev. I Just think they bit off more than they could chew and decided to make the best of a bad situation. I just hope that the mistakes of RD are learned from.

Oh to be young and innocent again

Forimar
Captain

Postby Forimar » Mon 29 Dec 2014 05:12

I guess it's the weekly "here's why Eugen screwed up RD" thread :lol:

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 29 Dec 2014 05:32

Bullfrog wrote:
Rorschach wrote:You'll rarely see Eugen acknowledgement of a naval thread, or a thread about craters or artillery on helicopters.
It's sad that Eugen apparently has "no-go" areas when it comes to community involvement.

It's almost like they can't handle any form (at all) of criticism. Anyone and everything that points out a issue with the game gets classified as "whine" "annoying" etc, and naturally falling under their "We don't do what people whine about" policy.

Look at the MG Rebalance thread, first response from anyone official is dismissing it as a whine thread.

its kinda sad
both forumers and devs love the game, but both hate each other so much...
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”