Mysterious Crater Layer

Bullfrog
General

Re: Mysterious Crater Layer

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 29 Dec 2014 05:44

another505 wrote:its kinda sad
both forumers and devs love the game, but both hate each other so much...

It needs to be nip in the bud.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Mon 29 Dec 2014 11:31

1.replace RD+ALB explosions, craters with EE one's
2.let things BURN. EE style. Including spreading fires.
3.Retroengineer NAVAL out of the game and replace it with cool new features and bug fixes for Land&Air Warfare. :lol:
4.Don't expect it to happen.

Eugen is still looking into threads and implementing proposals/fixes as requested. Not on a daily base. But: it happened a couple of times. I mean, there's still a LOT to fix, and most of it won't be fixed at all, ever (ug...bear?). This is sad.

But after all the trash posting, hate and hysteric "give-us-that-unit-NAO" campaigns it kind of a wonder Eugen still bothers to look at all..just sayin' :lol:

F-22
Lieutenant

Postby F-22 » Mon 29 Dec 2014 12:02

Leviathan wrote:1.replace RD+ALB explosions, craters with EE one's
2.let things BURN. EE style. Including spreading fires.
3.Retroengineer NAVAL out of the game and replace it with cool new features and bug fixes for Land&Air Warfare. :lol:
4.Don't expect it to happen.

Eugen is still looking into threads and implementing proposals/fixes as requested. Not on a daily base. But: it happened a couple of times. I mean, there's still a LOT to fix, and most of it won't be fixed at all, ever (ug...bear?). This is sad.

But after all the trash posting, hate and hysteric "give-us-that-unit-NAO" campaigns it kind of a wonder Eugen still bothers to look at all..just sayin' :lol:

Notice how they take upwards of 4-5 months to introduce a balance patch.

Notice the lack of a Eugen presence within any balance threads besides saying "lol ur wrong, so we don't have to change anything"

It's as if they moved onto other things 5 months ago. If they're reading, they're not reading the right stuff, and if they're changing things, it's not due to community feedback because there have been great ideas and suggestions between their massive balance patch hiatuses, ample time to introduce many of them, and yet I've seen some, but certainly not enough to encompass 8 months of time.

People have found basically every possible way the U.S could not have complete trash infantry for the past 8 months, and what does Eugen do?

Nerf US marines and doesn't buff or change anything else.

I had hope 3 months ago, it's gone.

Just think of it all, all those threads, all the heart and soul people put in to improve the game massively, falling on deaf ears basically.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 29 Dec 2014 12:13

The last hope I think would be an official mod loader for the game which will make using mods easier. I bet 95% of the balance problems could have been solved with mods.

Things like new units, maps, models could have been handled by eugen while the community handled the unit balance aspect.

Also don't forget how most of the maps are river and bridge infested, and took all that time to fix it by nerfing amphibious vehicles like the PT-76.

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Mon 29 Dec 2014 17:52

1. Yet, Final Patch Eve has not begun. There is still hope for U.S infantry! Eugen has 3 new titles cooking in their hellish kitchen. No doubt RD suffers from "redirection of resources". At least the DLCs we get are: free. Just trying to be grateful. Wargame still is epic, my favourite RTS. Ever.

2. As much as I like Mods, they have the tendency to split up communities. I'd vouch for a mod launcher/Wargame MDK at the end of Wargame's life span. (Or after it...mods can revive the dead :lol: ) I hope we're not there, yet.
Balance in MP titles is something which is not easily achieved, either. Fans and modders tend to un-balance things. In the end you've got splendid mods that screw up gameplay from the other side around...I'd sure love a map maker, though.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 29 Dec 2014 19:42

RD can't live without updates though, whatever player base we have is going to decline after the final official patch. At least mod tools will allow for the game to live for a couple more months if not a few years, which is something a non modifiable game cannot provide. Look at Command and Conquer, it's a dead franchise. However people continue to modify games like Generals(Rise of the Red) which are still going strong.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”