Comrade Drang's Tank Suggestions, Version 2

Mark1157
Sergeant Major

Re: Comrade Drang's Tank Suggestions, Version 2

Postby Mark1157 » Sun 4 Jan 2015 07:53

CandyMan wrote:
If tank HE is reduced, will vehicle mgs be buffed? Right now infantry take 9001 rounds of small arms from vehicles to die.

I'd agree to a large increase in suppression, but not killing power. Killing power against infantry should be reserved for IFVs, other infantry, and arty.
Spoiler : :
ImageImage

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 4 Jan 2015 08:31

CandyMan wrote:If tank HE is reduced, will vehicle mgs be buffed? Right now infantry take 9001 rounds of small arms from vehicles to die.

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Sun 4 Jan 2015 09:35

DoktorvonWer wrote:
Hollywood Myth wrote:All tanks should have their HE dropped though. So HE2 for everybody except the Soviets and Brits, who get HE3.

I don't think so, no.

It's way too easy to kill infantry with tanks, in forests especially.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sun 4 Jan 2015 09:59

Quick question about the M60A3 Patton. Shouldn't it have better accuracy then the vanilla M1 due to a superior FCS? In this we could make the M60A3 have a M1IP like gun with weaker armor, and raising the intro date due to newer ammunition
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sun 4 Jan 2015 10:01

Fade2Gray wrote:
Solo wrote:Keep beehive dream alive. Short range, 10 HE.

I think we should mutiny against Drang.

FILTHY COMMUNIST SCUM! HOW DARE YOU OPPRESS GLORIOUS BEEHIVE ROUNDS!

will beehive rounds get lower HE as the range increase??
I just dont see how beehive rounds will work in game mechanic
Of Salt

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Sun 4 Jan 2015 10:55

Quick question about the M60A3 Patton. Shouldn't it have better accuracy then the vanilla M1 due to a superior FCS? In this we could make the M60A3 have a M1IP like gun with weaker armor, and raising the intro date due to newer ammunition

The M60A3 TTS had superior thermal optics to the M1, but the M1's fire control system was superior.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Sun 4 Jan 2015 11:59

DoktorvonWer wrote:
Hollywood Myth wrote:All tanks should have their HE dropped though. So HE2 for everybody except the Soviets and Brits, who get HE3.

I don't think so, no.

It's right at the top of the proposal. Tank HE is too high; tanks are too effective vs infantry.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sun 4 Jan 2015 16:37

Drang wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:

I don't think so, no.

It's right at the top of the proposal. Tank HE is too high; tanks are too effective vs infantry.

I think that's silly. Tanks should be lethal to infantry, especially as infantry LAWs just got buffed. If you make tanks too poor at killing infantry, then they cease to be a genuine all-round threat: the strength of the tank is a combination of armour and versatility of lethality against most ground-based targets. If tanks aren't a threat to infantry as well as vehicles, then you might as well just have shedloads of TDs, FSVs and ATGM vehicles.

Infantry are fine with tanks right now. Most tanks do 3HE damage per shot, which is 4 shots to take out a single unit of line/shock infantry. Even the superior 4HE tanks need 3 shots. That means even if you rove forests with a 4-tank block and get the first shot off spot on target, you have killing capability for only a single squad unless your opponent has foolishly bunched his troops into a single closed stack in forest fighting and gets splash damage.

Seriously, no thanks. The issue with tanks being able to see/aim/fire against infantry as soon as infantry start to aim their LAW is an engine one, and is partially mitigated by the all-round LAW upgrades. But even if the mechanic can't be amended, the niche situation where some loony is driving tanks through the forests in packs is not justification to nerf the HE capability of tanks across the board.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sun 4 Jan 2015 16:43

DoktorvonWer wrote:I think that's silly. Tanks should be lethal to infantry, especially as infantry LAWs just got buffed. If you make tanks too poor at killing infantry, then they cease to be a genuine all-round threat: the strength of the tank is a combination of armour and versatility of lethality against most ground-based targets. If tanks aren't a threat to infantry as well as vehicles, then you might as well just have shedloads of TDs, FSVs and ATGM vehicles.

Infantry are fine with tanks right now. Most tanks do 3HE damage per shot, which is 4 shots to take out a single unit of line/shock infantry. Even the superior 4HE tanks need 3 shots. That means even if you rove forests with a 4-tank block and get the first shot off spot on target, you have killing capability for only a single squad unless your opponent has foolishly bunched his troops into a single closed stack in forest fighting and gets splash damage.

Seriously, no thanks. The issue with tanks being able to see/aim/fire against infantry as soon as infantry start to aim their LAW is an engine one, and is partially mitigated by the all-round LAW upgrades. But even if the mechanic can't be amended, the niche situation where some loony is driving tanks through the forests in packs is not justification to nerf the HE capability of tanks across the board.

100% agreed. I see no reason for a tank HE nerf.

Zaskow
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Zaskow » Sun 4 Jan 2015 17:41

It's funny to see, when in this thread people begin to talk about feature (-1 he for tank guns), which is introduced in some mods. :lol:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”