PermaBan for cheaters on first offense (please)

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

PermaBan for cheaters on first offense (please)

Postby Keinutnai » Thu 8 Jan 2015 01:16

Hello guys,

Since we are aware of the cheat that allows the enemy to see all your units, and thus snipe all CVs without actually any units nearby to see them, and because such things will kill the game if Eugen is too soft on the cheaters, I say:

Instead of giving them a ban for 48 hours which is how much the troll got for clusterkilling CVs across the map with the see all units cheat (only 48 hours ban for a serious offense that that can kill the game and ruined the experience for countless players until a guy is reported, you serious?)

I suggest these players receive a permaban.

1 such cheater can push 100 players from Wargame.
You don't need cheaters EUGEN!

These people are cancer, and they cannot be rehabilitated, because they are trolls who live from this.
Most games have a ZERO tolerance policy on cheaters.
And those games which were not strict enough, well those games don't last long, because people will not stick around if cheaters are tolerated.

Off to gulags with them! (Permaban)

PS:
proof cheat is real:
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... BD80197E0/
Last edited by Keinutnai on Thu 8 Jan 2015 05:01, edited 6 times in total.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

J4CKAL05
Sergeant Major

Re: PERMABAN for cheaters on first offense pls!

Postby J4CKAL05 » Thu 8 Jan 2015 01:20

Worded a little extremely in places, but yes. Perma-banning for blatant cheats is needed, because - as rightly said- such acts can and will push exponentially large numbers of players from the game, which can turn into a disaster for a game with an already (relatively) small player base.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Thu 8 Jan 2015 01:21

Zero Tolerance for Cheaters please.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Thu 8 Jan 2015 01:22

The already meager player base is draining away much much faster, every day is a significant loss now.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:01

inb4 doom propheting

but seriously now, I agree the recent hacking needs to be officially adressed ASAP

If Eugen does not intend to (or cannot) do anything about this (this is hacking we're talking about, someone always finds a way), they at least need to implement a banlist system by which players can set up lists of banned players and easily share these lists between them. Would allow the community to disable accounts of known hackers by way of preventing anyone else from having to play a game with them

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:07

I don't think theres any way to check it. From what i've dug up it's all client side. Even if you check the replay without the cheat 'running' as it were it wouldn't show any foul play.
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:10

Can't they integrate VAC?

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:14

ch3cooh wrote:Can't they integrate VAC?

The youtube video (Is there anyway Eugen can force them to take it down?) shows them using the same program that people use to get infinite money in the Total War Games and other such things. I'm not sure it'd have an effect tbh.
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

Keinutnai
Lieutenant

Postby Keinutnai » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:36

feeblezak wrote:
ch3cooh wrote:Can't they integrate VAC?

The youtube video (Is there anyway Eugen can force them to take it down?) shows them using the same program that people use to get infinite money in the Total War Games and other such things. I'm not sure it'd have an effect tbh.

you can change anything with that program.
You could give yourself 30 AP on a tank you intend to use for example.
Wargame 4 - Balkan at War - New Countries: Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey versus Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary & Romania!

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Thu 8 Jan 2015 02:39

I am not an expert, but shouldn't VAC notice Hex changes?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”