PermaBan for cheaters on first offense (please)

Timekiller
Corporal

Re: PermaBan for cheaters on first offense (please)

Postby Timekiller » Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:45

McMacky wrote:Timekiller if you can get a team I will happily play you. Hell, you and the people who beat others like screaming cats will work. Rolling people is not fun, with a few exceptions (it being late at night and you are delirious). Anything for a REAL game. Please. I JUST WANT A GOOD GAME.

"Beating others like a screaming cats" was just an expression - may be not quite correct one due to English not being my native language. I apologize if someone have feel offended by this, really ! Have used it just to point that in my experience most of high rated players are not really that good (in fact just the opposite) for my taste and the taste of most people I usually play with. Most of the times even blatant cheating didn't help them with few exceptions when someone who can actually play and is smart enough to use the "see all units" hack only for overall awareness of the battlefield (so to know what counters to prepare and when/where to pull out etc...) and not to snipe CVs, arty etc...
But this is very rare case because most people who can actually play the game are really enjoying it and prefer to play fair battle because for them fun is more important then high rating...
Anyhow, once again - I am sorry for bad expression, it was really not intended to offend anyone with big ego :-)

As for playing with me - sure thing, we are always looking for a good game and worthy opponents and/or teammates are always welcome.
My nickname in game is the same as in the forum - you are welcome to join our games or send invites whenever we meet online. If we play teams - the name of the games we create in the lobby always include "35-65% WINRATE ONLY" so you can easily recognize us and join in. If your win rate don't fit in a.m. criteria --> please write me a message in the lobby that you know me from here and you want to play to avoid being kicked out.
We mostly play Redfor (since they are slightly underpowered and/or considered evil therefore is easier to find opponents), but we do have Blue decks so it can be as you wish if you prefer the reds too.
When all my teammates are offline - I join any game or play 1vs1 against anyone (no win rate restrictions), but this is rare occasion.

Timekiller
Corporal

Postby Timekiller » Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:08

raventhefuhrer wrote:
And here your are extrapolating player's behavior and attitudes based on a number - some dork who thinks he's smart because he knows what a percentage is. What you're doing it not only outrageously obnoxious, but your entire tone and attitude is half of what's wrong with the community, and why every day there's less and less of the veteran players around willing to put up with the BS of people like you.

Sorry for my awful English - I didn't mean to offend anyone with my tone. I do appreciate also that you agree with (most of) my arguments. I am also trying to understand and accept your explanation (of a high rated player) - therefore will take the liberty of give you an idea:
If you are really looking for a good game only then when someone with 20% win rate (or someone with 20 games experience) join your game and you "don't want to kick it out" --> you can split you own team (so one/two of your 70-80%+ guys switch side and the you play agains each other). Then everyone benefits:
1) the noobs will learn something (and will enjoy the game)
2) You and you mates will also have fun because will be playing against challenging opponents
3) It will help the community (the noobs will have fun and wont find the game outrageous, difficult etc etc, so they will stay in the long term) etc etc

The only thing which will be damaged (inevitably) is ... your win rate ;-)

P.S. as for the not really behaved words at the end of your post - I'll take it them as a reaction of your injured ego, therefore won't bother to respond to them (But I'm sure you know what I mean and you also know that I am right - don't you ?
It's hard to argue with maths - at least for educated [to some extend] people.)

GL & HF

Suriel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Suriel » Sat 10 Jan 2015 18:54

Just experienced the hack. Player nick "motoko" snipped couple CV in the 1st minutes with ATACMS. Such a fun game :?

Majorpain
Master Sergeant

Postby Majorpain » Sat 10 Jan 2015 18:59

Ah, i wondered why servers were dead.

Edzard
Sergeant

Postby Edzard » Sat 10 Jan 2015 19:17

[RKKA]amberT did the same just now in a 10v10 tactical.
IM NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT
stop or you face the consequences!

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sat 10 Jan 2015 19:26

Edzard wrote:[RKKA]amberT did the same just now in a 10v10 tactical.

That is a bit of a surprise, if it really is him (possibly imposter).
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Fussel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Fussel » Sat 10 Jan 2015 19:30

Now you know how he got his sick 73% winratio to get topspot in leaderboard...

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sat 10 Jan 2015 19:52

Timekiller wrote:Sorry for my awful English - I didn't mean to offend anyone with my tone. I do appreciate also that you agree with (most of) my arguments. I am also trying to understand and accept your explanation (of a high rated player) - therefore will take the liberty of give you an idea: ...The only thing which will be damaged (inevitably) is ... your win rate ;-)

This is something I try to do, actually. Though, admittedly I know I am in the minority and even then most of my friends/teammates don't like the idea.

For the rest of it, I'll give you a bit of a pass because English isn't your first language. Suffice to say that your tone is combative and obnoxious. Furthermore, you attack the problem from the wrong direction and instead undermine the most valuable part of the community - the people who actually know how to play the game.

This is a problem because there's a significant share of the community that wants to pit the experienced against the unexperienced players. 'How dare they want to play with their friends!? How dare they excel at the game they enjoy!?' and so on. It's true that the high level players have an obligation to be responsible as well - seeking out competitive games when they can be found, and mentoring new players. Sure.

But I've always been an advocate of uplifting the new and mediocre players rather than tearing own the ones who actually know what they're doing. More than you probably know - and my signature should be a testament to that.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 10 Jan 2015 19:58

That is a bit of a surprise, if it really is him (possibly imposter).

Only one way to know.

Edzard wrote:[RKKA]amberT did the same just now in a 10v10 tactical.

Do you still have the replay ?

BTW Fussel, you might want to take a look at the cheating report thread...

EDIT : lol it's Amber T, ban that pls. He probably thought it was smart to use your nick.

EDIT: Not.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Wed 14 Jan 2015 09:06, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Language

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Sat 10 Jan 2015 20:08

I heard that some prominent players were using the cheats while they could, just like there's always a few guys that abuse bugs and glitches. Usually saying that they do it 'so it gets fixed sooner' >_> Whatever.

I dunno if AmberT is cheating or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few notable people are.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”