10 v 10 and the pubstomping problem

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Re: 10 v 10 and the pubstomping problem

Postby f4llout » Fri 23 Jan 2015 09:05

Christ, while I agree it would be nice to have advanced options, it won't happen in RD. Besides, a forced scrambler is perfect for solo players, but you'll instantly get tons of whine from people who always play with friends and/or are stacking dick-less tards.

Consequently, just SHOW directly in lobby the total amount of games played for both teams. Noobs will be able to identify a rigged game and leave. Vets will have two choices ... either wait for enough good players to join, or balance to speed it up.

Give people an easy way to asses balance (as opposed to checking stats for each player) by themselves and they will do it most of the time. I've seen it work in other games, why shouldn't it here? Plus, its a frigging easy to implement solution as opposed to scramblers, etc. The only other thing needed would be permanent stats.

But nothing will happen. Want to know why? Because Eugen already got your money and is preparing to milk you again with AoA.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Fri 23 Jan 2015 10:21

f4llout wrote:Christ, while I agree it would be nice to have advanced options, it won't happen in RD. Besides, a forced scrambler is perfect for solo players, but you'll instantly get tons of whine from people who always play with friends and/or are stacking dick-less tards.

Consequently, just SHOW directly in lobby the total amount of games played for both teams. Noobs will be able to identify a rigged game and leave. Vets will have two choices ... either wait for enough good players to join, or balance to speed it up.

Give people an easy way to asses balance (as opposed to checking stats for each player) by themselves and they will do it most of the time. I've seen it work in other games, why shouldn't it here? Plus, its a frigging easy to implement solution as opposed to scramblers, etc. The only other thing needed would be permanent stats.

But nothing will happen. Want to know why? Because Eugen already got your money and is preparing to milk you again with AoA.

It works most of time but it's still pretty easy to smurf.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Fri 23 Jan 2015 23:41

Not if they would disable stat reset somehow. Loss accounts do not matter, since you would show total games played. Then there's someone who would deliberately smurf his ratio ... well, you've always got those 1% of crazies in any social context. Be it faith, politics or games.

I know nothing is going to happen, but I'm sad since such a small change shouldn't cost a lot of man-hours ... yet it would be a great leap for mank... uh, Wargame.

daredevilcod
Sergeant

Postby daredevilcod » Sat 24 Jan 2015 02:51

wehrwolfzug wrote:Me and my buddies play hockey twice a week. Have been for 20 years. We throw all of our sticks in the centre ice and have somebody close their eyes and throw one stick to each side. Most of the time it is the best way to get balance the game.

If by somehow all the best players make it on one side by sheer luck, we then move some of the best players to the other side and some of the new players to the other to balance it out. We almost always have fun balanced games every night we play. It keeps the new players comming back and after a few years they become good players and our pool becomes bigger and more competitive.

it is really a good idea just an option to servers that after everyone join the game balance the lobby automatically on a ratio between the level and win rate and stacked teams can turn this option off when making a lobby or go to a server without this option and by this way solo players can guarantee they will face no stacked team but this could lead to everyone in the server should have experience with red and blue or the number of games played as red or blue can be added to the ratio,i think this is the best solution for this problem right now

it is not that hard to implement but it can save hope and time to search for a game for all players and will let solo players play in peace xD

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sat 24 Jan 2015 16:53

daredevilcod wrote:
wehrwolfzug wrote:Me and my buddies play hockey twice a week. Have been for 20 years. We throw all of our sticks in the centre ice and have somebody close their eyes and throw one stick to each side. Most of the time it is the best way to get balance the game.

If by somehow all the best players make it on one side by sheer luck, we then move some of the best players to the other side and some of the new players to the other to balance it out. We almost always have fun balanced games every night we play. It keeps the new players comming back and after a few years they become good players and our pool becomes bigger and more competitive.

it is really a good idea just an option to servers that after everyone join the game balance the lobby automatically on a ratio between the level and win rate and stacked teams can turn this option off when making a lobby or go to a server without this option and by this way solo players can guarantee they will face no stacked team but this could lead to everyone in the server should have experience with red and blue or the number of games played as red or blue can be added to the ratio,i think this is the best solution for this problem right now

it is not that hard to implement but it can save hope and time to search for a game for all players and will let solo players play in peace xD

No advanced scrambling will ever be implemented. Cheapest idea to do though, imho - show total games played for both teams directly in lobby. This way a lof of people will balance on their own free will ... because most actually prefer balanced fights instead of stomps.

Amorphium
Private

Postby Amorphium » Sat 24 Jan 2015 19:17

I just joined 6 10v10s. In 5 games there were at least 4 people with >70% win rates on BLUFOR, the last game was stacked on REDFOR. Instead of doing 4v4 vs each other, it seems all of those teams preferred pubstomping. I wouldn't even mind having premades on both teams but 4+ players coordinating is retarded. I hope they enjoyed their wait times

futurePro
Sergeant First-Class

Postby futurePro » Sat 24 Jan 2015 22:26

Amorphium wrote:I just joined 6 10v10s. In 5 games there were at least 4 people with >70% win rates on BLUFOR, the last game was stacked on REDFOR. Instead of doing 4v4 vs each other, it seems all of those teams preferred pubstomping. I wouldn't even mind having premades on both teams but 4+ players coordinating is retarded. I hope they enjoyed their wait times

i find it funny how people easily says "stacked teams" here and there without any proof :lol:

i played 12 10v10 last few hours and didnt saw a single stack games.. So what are we complaining again ? :roll:
captaincarnage wrote:Every time i play Wargame with my friends a baby seal dies, allegedly.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:10

futurePro wrote:
Amorphium wrote:I just joined 6 10v10s. In 5 games there were at least 4 people with >70% win rates on BLUFOR, the last game was stacked on REDFOR. Instead of doing 4v4 vs each other, it seems all of those teams preferred pubstomping. I wouldn't even mind having premades on both teams but 4+ players coordinating is retarded. I hope they enjoyed their wait times

i find it funny how people easily says "stacked teams" here and there without any proof :lol:

i played 12 10v10 last few hours and didnt saw a single stack games.. So what are we complaining again ? :roll:

Trolling aside; are you seriously insinuating there is no stacking problem in 10v10? And MP full of 4/0 lobbies? How have you in any way been constructive for the community; do we really not agree that stomping noobs kills of a lot of new players?

futurePro
Sergeant First-Class

Postby futurePro » Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:16

f4llout wrote:
futurePro wrote:

Trolling aside; are you seriously insinuating there is no stacking problem in 10v10? And MP full of 4/0 lobbies? How have you in any way been constructive for the community; do we really not agree that stomping noobs kills of a lot of new players?

well sorry to say i dont play 10v10.. only when am the german TS and on there server i play.

and yeah there are 4.0 3/0 and 2/0 lobby why because they kick good players and wait for noobs.
but that only mean for THEM , that they gonna wait for hours.
Best thing to hurt those lobby ? go on chat say the lobby name and call them pubstomp so everyone see it and make youre on lobby with the host name as X b*tch and see how they join yours :lol: there you have a full lobby and chose you're own team to fight them.

easy as that
captaincarnage wrote:Every time i play Wargame with my friends a baby seal dies, allegedly.

frostie
Sergeant First-Class

Postby frostie » Sun 25 Jan 2015 13:17

wehrwolfzug wrote:
I don't understand how a bunch of assholes team stacking against random pubbers can have fun? What's the point? If at hockey all of us good players stacked one side against new and random players every game we would not have any fun blowing out the other team 20 to 1.

Stop being douches.

Yes but think about the benefits. You get to boost your stats up to a 10-1 win ratio so you can play Lord Muck and pretend you're better than what you really are. All the kids will look to you as the hero in TS and non shall be any wiser to the fact that really you're just a just an average player amongst semi average players.

10v10 pubstomp is where average players go to pretend they're pro, having team balancing specific 10v10 servers as an alternative is possibly the only solution to this.
EuroFighter = Rafale make it so in game

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”