Different sounds for team pings and stuff.

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Different sounds for team pings and stuff.

Postby Hollywood Myth » Sat 24 Jan 2015 01:58

The problem isn't so much that the pings aren't distinct from each other, it's that people ignore them regardless.

I propose replacing them with sex moans. Attack moans can be more lusty-sounding and help moans can be more painful-sounding.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sat 24 Jan 2015 16:51

Hollywood Myth wrote:The problem isn't so much that the pings aren't distinct from each other, it's that people ignore them regardless.

I propose replacing them with sex moans. Attack moans can be more lusty-sounding and help moans can be more painful-sounding.

Any differentiation would be appreciated :) . Although moaning sounds might impede people's concentration since you've only got enough blood to fill one head.

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:41

Sure, this for attack flare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im99ZVNU_30
And sad trombone effects and French accordion sound effects accross the line.

Because people wouldn't never-ever, not even once abuse them to annoy their co-players in multiplayer.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:59

Tiera wrote:Sure, this for attack flare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im99ZVNU_30
And sad trombone effects and French accordion sound effects accross the line.

Because people wouldn't never-ever, not even once abuse them to annoy their co-players in multiplayer.

They can abuse even in current state for that matter, yet I did not really notice it as being widespread.

daredevilcod
Sergeant

Postby daredevilcod » Sat 24 Jan 2015 18:19

i saw mods that make skins and things to units, can't modders make a mod to change beacons sounds ?

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Trimen » Sat 24 Jan 2015 18:36

Wouldn't the solution be allowing the player to change ping sounds as well as BGM.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sat 24 Jan 2015 23:11

Trimen wrote:Wouldn't the solution be allowing the player to change ping sounds as well as BGM.

Why would it allow the player anything? Each ping would have his corresponding sound.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 25 Jan 2015 00:37

Remember good old WEE SatView - how cool would it be, if you could write strategy there ... like a fullscreen team minimap to draw some arrows and state your intentions.

It would be even cooler if you could put it on one screen and have the normal view on the other, like WiC did.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Sun 25 Jan 2015 01:46

Killertomato wrote:
Remember good old WEE SatView - how cool would it be, if you could write strategy there ... like a fullscreen team minimap to draw some arrows and state your intentions.

It would be even cooler if you could put it on one screen and have the normal view on the other, like WiC did.

Talking about my vet dreams. Similar to Supreme Commander, where you could easly use 4 screens (triple screen split in two; and 4th for "minimap"), or newer PA, where you have Picture in picture mode and a hotkey to switch between two positions on the battlefield. Genius.

Although one has to give some credit to Eugen; triple screen works without hassle since WEE; and, this is a big one, UI is centered on mid-screen instead of being put on outer edges of whole setup. As an avid tri-screen user, you do not believe how many games fail at that.

f4llout
Warrant Officer

Postby f4llout » Mon 26 Jan 2015 08:02

Anybody has any other suggestions for differently sounding/distinguishable ping-sounds?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”