Postby KittyKitsune » Tue 10 Feb 2015 16:57

We can play a bit if you are having trouble beating the ZTQ-62G
SUFNEP - Superior Unit For No Extra Points
WUWME - Worse Unit While More Expensive

Drogathen
Sergeant

Re: ZTQ-62G

Postby Drogathen » Tue 10 Feb 2015 17:07

Ahh, nothing to argue a point, go for ridicule? Funny how you give another example of forum users putting words in anothers mouth, at what point did i give the impression i struggle with beating anything?
I make a point about a unit that could maybe use a price nerf, so now i'm some how bitter/annoyed/struggling against this unit? :lol: :lol:
If your only imput is to troll kitty, maybe best not to input. ;)

MoralCoral
Master Sergeant

Postby MoralCoral » Tue 10 Feb 2015 17:07

Drogathen wrote:
It costs twice as much as any other recon tank. Furthermore, other none-tank recons in this price range typically have exceptional optics.

It is the only tank on the Redfor side that costs as much as Leo 1s and has a hope in hell of defeating them, and you think it's underpriced?

Maybe try comparing it to something like the Coyote or Fiat 6616, yes you are limited to comparing it to other recon vehicles because no other nation has a recon unit that performs quite like this , which makes points from either side debatable. But 1v1 on these recon vehicles i've listed i think we can see 1 emerging out of the 3 without a scratch.

The Coyote and Fiat 6616 are cheaper, wheeled, and much faster; they additionally can target helicopters and can kill infantry faster. Of course the ZTQ-62G will beat those vehicles 1v1, it fills a different role. This would be like saying the Ka-52 needs a price nerf because it can beat the Longbow 1v1.
also known as the caulktopus

Drogathen
Sergeant

Postby Drogathen » Tue 10 Feb 2015 17:16

Try actually reading what i wrote, i said it's hard to compare it and any points would be debatable, you then go off on a tangent about a recon heli?.....

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Tue 10 Feb 2015 17:25

I think it's fine where its at. It makes a nifty combat recon with decent optics, just about the only good recon RD has on the ground. Probably up there with the M3A2 as best recon in game.

Ck1o1
Corporal

Postby Ck1o1 » Tue 10 Feb 2015 18:05

Wow I did something here...

Well guys let me show you what's my point of view:

Looking at this it is a "good" tank without vision and stealth ability it maybe cost around 55 points (I used the leopard AS1 of ANZ troops to compare since those stats are near the same).

Now it got Stealth medium how many points are this worth? 5? less? w/e

But it got a very good optics, how many points are this worth? And remember most tanks have only Bad or Medium optics but this tank has not a good optics it has a very good optics so I thought it's definitly not 60 points worth.
that was my point!

Fussel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Fussel » Tue 10 Feb 2015 18:13

Did they nerf stealth in general at some point? Because I think that unit was even better some months ago. Now it often gets spotted after the first shot.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 10 Feb 2015 18:16

You forgot availbility, it's generally lower for recons, and this has to be factored in.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Tue 10 Feb 2015 18:20

Ck1o1 wrote:Wow I did something here...

Well guys let me show you what's my point of view:

Looking at this it is a "good" tank without vision and stealth ability it maybe cost around 55 points (I used the leopard AS1 of ANZ troops to compare since those stats are near the same).

Now it got Stealth medium how many points are this worth? 5? less? w/e

But it got a very good optics, how many points are this worth? And remember most tanks have only Bad or Medium optics but this tank has not a good optics it has a very good optics so I thought it's definitly not 60 points worth.
that was my point!

Hmm... if this was a unit used to spam often it would be an issue.
However, this is a tank that can be used as recon as well, perfect for accompanying an armored assault (especially given the recent buffs to the ZTZ-88/85 series (wheres that autoloader... or that firerate...))

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 10 Feb 2015 18:22

You know the SK has a nice version of it too, right?
KAFV something something, 30 pts, 2100m range, good optics, but you get so many of them...

ZTQ are fine as they are, it lacks ROF and armor, so it doesnt sting that much , and they have limited avail.

by no means, the tank version(without recon/stealth) is 55pts :lol:
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”