Asian Snipers

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Asian Snipers

Postby Hollywood Myth » Fri 13 Feb 2015 00:29

DoktorvonWer wrote:Comrade Chieftain Mk 10 CMD disagrees. Bad example as RPG-7 struggles ever so slightly glorious armour of monarchist design, but every other common tank CV in the game is going to be eminently more vulnerable to the RPG-7 than LAWs.

How often do you run into a tank CV in a zone so far back only your two man sniper team is around?

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Fri 13 Feb 2015 00:35

When fighting Danes and their glorious indestructible Centurion CVs.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:02

Hollywood Myth wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:Comrade Chieftain Mk 10 CMD disagrees. Bad example as RPG-7 struggles ever so slightly glorious armour of monarchist design, but every other common tank CV in the game is going to be eminently more vulnerable to the RPG-7 than LAWs.

How often do you run into a tank CV in a zone so far back only your two man sniper team is around?

How often do you run into infantry with your two man sniper team?

I mean, seriously. Just how often do you actually use these things for direct action? Think about it. How often are there infantry in the open suitable for sniping that are worth exposing your deeply infiltrated sniper team, who have been creeping around for 5-15 minutes to get you eyes on AA and artillery, for?

Seems about as relevant as the accuracy of their rifles tbh.

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:05

DoktorvonWer wrote:I mean, seriously. Just how often do you actually use these things for direct action? Think about it. How often are there infantry in the open suitable for sniping that are worth exposing your deeply infiltrated sniper team, who have been creeping around for 5-15 minutes to get you eyes on AA and artillery, for?

Sniping infantry command squads is one use I can think of.

I don't personally care about the accuracy difference, I was just replying to your claim about the launcher. These are admittedly two very inane things we're arguing about here.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:11

Hollywood Myth wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:I mean, seriously. Just how often do you actually use these things for direct action? Think about it. How often are there infantry in the open suitable for sniping that are worth exposing your deeply infiltrated sniper team, who have been creeping around for 5-15 minutes to get you eyes on AA and artillery, for?

Sniping infantry command squads is one use I can think of.

I don't personally care about the accuracy difference, I was just replying to your claim about the launcher. These are admittedly two very inane things we're arguing about here.

Well my point being that the strength of their RPG is just about as situational as the strength of their sniper rifle; exposed uncovered command infantry are probably as rare as (or rarer than) command armour. No need for aggro about the accuracy on these rifles; Eugen probably has some reason behind it other than just anti-Red Dragon bias.

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:13

I never made any comment on which is better. Only that the team has a vastly superior RPG that will generate (on average) at least 1 hit and a kill.

That is situational. No one would deny that. But I'm curious, should they just get that much superior system for free?

That said.... 5-10% more acc on a squad that will hit the upper limit of acc anyway is something I would personally trade for those good RPGs. Helps when you stumble into a SPAAG in a wood. Or when an IFV or spare APC is sent after you. Or when the CV has 2 armour as many of the more armoured CVs have 2 armour side and front and you can't always get round the back..
ImageImage

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Fri 13 Feb 2015 02:27

All (most) OT posts deleted. Please stay on topic and in the future, if you think there is a forum rule violation, FLAG IT!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”