Revert Mot-Schützen '90 ACC 55% Buff

Rulan
First Sergeant

Revert Mot-Schützen '90 ACC 55% Buff

Postby Rulan » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:21

This unit breaks the rules of standardisation, gaining a 10% accuracy bonus apparently due to magic.

Let me make this clear; it is not the weapon that dictates accuracy of fire, it is the user.

As a very frequent GDR player I say reduce Mot-Schützen '90 rifle accuracy back to 45%, the same that all other assault rifle-armed shock infantry possess, and (please) stop breaking game balance for the sake of flavour.

Dishonourable Mentions; Li Jian '90, Fallschirmjäger '90

Shify
Sergeant

Re: Revert Mot-Schützen '90 ACC 55% Buff

Postby Shify » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:26

Yeah! why mot-schitzen are now almost as good as nato equivalent. Thats unacceptable !

KittyKitsune
Captain

Postby KittyKitsune » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:27

standardisation?

This game doesn't really have standardisation. Atleast almost every suggestion to standardise things have been rejected.

That being said, the Mot Shutz 90, are maybe a little bit too good, they are marginally better than panzergrenadiers.
SUFNEP - Superior Unit For No Extra Points
WUWME - Worse Unit While More Expensive

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:28

Rulan wrote:This unit breaks the rules of standardisation, gaining a 10% accuracy bonus apparently due to magic.

Let me make this clear; it is not the weapon that dictates accuracy of fire, it is the user.

As a very frequent GDR player I say reduce Mot-Schützen '90 rifle accuracy back to 45%, the same that all other assault rifle-armed shock infantry possess, and (please) stop breaking game balance for the sake of flavour.

Dishonourable Mentions; Li Jian '90, Fallschirmjäger '90

You want to turn the ONE good CQC squad in NSWP thats not SF back to the pits?
No thanks. Ubersmenchen shall be for both germanies.
Jokes aside, they are good anti-inf now.

FoxZz
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby FoxZz » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:28

The balance has to be made on the MG or the AT, not the rifle. All shock squads got the same rifle stats, no reason to make an exception for Mot-Schutzen.
NWSP already got Wachregiment as very good shock cqc unit, they tie with commando marines in cqc !

Furthermore, Mot-Schutzen already got an increased availability compared to other shock squads.
Last edited by FoxZz on Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

APSinc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby APSinc » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:29

It's called flavor.

This nerf of the gun you desire, does it come with a return of the third Mot-Schutzen card?
Because if not I see no reason as to why this should be implemented.

Rulan
First Sergeant

Postby Rulan » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:42

stratmania wrote:
Rulan wrote:OP

You want to turn the ONE good CQC squad in NSWP thats not SF back to the pits?
No thanks. Ubersmenchen shall be for both germanies.
Jokes aside, they are good anti-inf now.

They were good anti-inf before, too, with one of REDFOR's best AT capabilities. Now that the RPK series has been fixed, they are very effective against all targets and do not require an artificial boost.

I play REDFOR and I play East Germany/NSWP the most, don't try to blame this on Red/Blue favouritism. This issue is about one unit breaking a blanket rule for shock infantry.

KittyKitsune
Captain

Postby KittyKitsune » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:46

Rulan wrote:
I play REDFOR and I play East Germany/NSWP the most, don't try to blame this on Red/Blue favouritism. This issue is about one unit breaking a blanket rule for shock infantry.

It's not much better than Pz grenadier, and it's only the motorshutze 90. The regular panzer grenadier is better than the regular motorshutze.

Mot 90 > Pz Gren 75 > Mot 75
SUFNEP - Superior Unit For No Extra Points
WUWME - Worse Unit While More Expensive

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:52

Where is the MG3 of doom now ? :lol:

Rulan
First Sergeant

Postby Rulan » Thu 12 Feb 2015 13:59

KittyKitsune wrote:
Rulan wrote:

It's not much better than Pz grenadier, and it's only the motorshutze 90. The regular panzer grenadier is better than the regular motorshutze.

Mot 90 > Pz Gren 75 > Mot 75

In a one-on-one comparison, but that means absolutely nothing without morale, numbers, and support being taken into consideration.

You're basing this superiority on little more than bare stats, and trying to justify an exception to a rule that covers every shock infantry unit in the game.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”