Vysadkari/Spado '90 buffs

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Vysadkari/Spado '90 buffs

Postby Flieger » Fri 13 Feb 2015 00:51

Raven's testing indicates that the Mot.-Schützen '90, until recently on equal footing with Vysadkari '90 and Spado '90, are now a bit better in infantry combat.
That is ok imo, as the DDR lacks SF infantry with MGs, but naturally something needs to be done for the other NSWP shock troops. I am thinking about two buffs:

1) upgrade the AT
    a) The RPG-26 would be a nice solution; better rof, range and accuracy definetly trump the somewhat higher AP of the current RPG-7VR without being op for the price.

b) The RPG-29, coming with a slight price increase, would also help a lot. The Spado '90 and Vysadkari '90 would essentially become VDV '90, which I think are nice.

2) making them available to motorized decks

NOTE: this goes under the assumption that the MS'90 are indeed better in anti-infantry duties than Vysadkari and Spado '90. If that premise is wrong, this thread is useless of course.

trineroks
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Vysadkari/Spado '90 buffs

Postby trineroks » Fri 13 Feb 2015 00:55

I'd rather the Vysadkari and Spadochroniarze '90 get the RPG-26 and be opened up to motorized.

I also would've liked to see '90s line infantry for Poland and CSSR, but since I doubt this would happen, I'd at least like to see RPG-75 buffed to 50% accuracy. At 525m range, they deserve higher accuracy than their currently abysmal 40%.

Current stats at (525m, 40%, 15 AP, 20 ROF).

God knows how much in need Polish and Czech decks are for good AT :(

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:02

Personally I'd give one high-end RPG to one squad and the other to the other. Variety is beautiful and these are two very similar squads.

Having one carry the 20RPM short range killer and the other the 10RPM long range weapon would play well for the NSWP deck as a whole, not just national decks.

Otagan
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Otagan » Fri 13 Feb 2015 01:09

Give the -7VR to the modern Polish marines with an appropriate price nerf if such a thing is reasonably authentic. Wouldn't mind seeing the same thing happen for the USSR, since non-RD marines are chronically neglected on the Red side due to their upgrades being extremely lackluster.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 13 Feb 2015 03:54

Hollywood Myth wrote:Personally I'd give one high-end RPG to one squad and the other to the other. Variety is beautiful and these are two very similar squads.

Having one carry the 20RPM short range killer and the other the 10RPM long range weapon would play well for the NSWP deck as a whole, not just national decks.

I agree with that
Of Salt

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 13 Feb 2015 04:16

Hmm... I am hesitant on giving NSWP shock infantry buffs so soon right on the heels of the DDR achieving so called "Uebermensch" status, but if it must be done I suppose it should be discussed.

Variety in armament is important because the NSWP golden trio of shock infantry has always been so similar in loadouts.

Didn't CSSR operate the RPG-29 wheras Poland did not (caution wikipedia source)? This would be justification to give CSSR the RPG-29 over the 26. This would push their 90's infantry to 25 points, which would be odd but not really a problem as they have 20 Lehka Pechota to fill the gap. It also reinforces the CSSR's place as tank buster of the coalition (highest AP Moderna, konkurs-m etc).

Then Poland could be given the RPG-26. Do you think it would warrant 25 points as well? Its better than the AT-4 slightly, but less effective then the LAW-80. I really like the RPG-26 on the units I have used it. Why have we seen it limited to so few units? It seems like a pretty standard AT weapon.

CSSR could be the slower firing heavy hitter and POL could be the rapid firing light tickler. Motorized specialzation would just be icing on the cake, as neither team has high AP in motorized.

CSSR- RPG-29, bump to 25 points.
POL- RPG-26 debatable price bump.
Both units available in motorzied.

Spoiler : :
I would be much excite if these things happened.

trineroks
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby trineroks » Fri 13 Feb 2015 04:21

An RPG-26 would definitely warrant a price nerf, yes.

So both airborne infantry would be at 25 points.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Fri 13 Feb 2015 05:23

So we are looking at:

Motos-infantry killers, cheap to deploy en masse, can come in IFVs.

Spados-rapid insertion troops with a PACT AT4 clone.

Vyskari- ?
Mobile Units Operational :!:

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Fri 13 Feb 2015 05:44

CornProducts wrote:CSSR- RPG-29, bump to 25 points.
POL- RPG-26 debatable price bump.
Both units available in motorzied.

Yes.

Definitely agree with those buffs - both the Spado and Vysadkari need something. The RPG-7VR is just a poor launcher...yes it has high AP but the accuracy and range is just so poor that in practical situations it doesn't perform well. It often misses its first shot against tanks, and then they get stunned and panicked and they go down to 20% accuracy or something ridiculous.

I'd very strongly support the Vysadkari and Spadochroniarze getting RPG-29 Vampyr, or the RPG-26 (which the Spetsnaz GRU have)...or even having one get the '29 and one get the '26.

Also strongly support them being made available for motorized decks to give Czech and Polish mot a small measure of viability.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 13 Feb 2015 06:07

QUAD wrote:
Vyskari- ?

Get the Vampyr and ascend to their rightful place as Lords of AT. Check the posts above and below you breh/m8.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”