How can US Mech be buffed?

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

How can US Mech be buffed?

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:31

USSR Mech is gimped.. So Buratino in Mechanized deck seems to be in order.. but let's be constructive.. On the equal/opposite end, the US is also quite the gimped deck.. so I suggest, pick an American Uber unit to help the sad American Mech deck


So yeah, because it was "not a thread about the USA" then let the sensible business happen here..

Since people want the Buratino available to Mech and Armored decks, what should Blu get to.. make things fair?

TBH, I think since Red want the Buratino, which even though I fought against for a good minute, It's totally a righteous suggestion.. but US is just as gimped and I can see it being fair that the US get's something rather similar.. so why not open Paladin to Mech.. ehhh?
Last edited by StalkerDellaNote on Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:59, edited 2 times in total.
Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

User avatar
trineroks
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2014 04:16
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby trineroks » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:33

Buratino shouldn't be available in mech decks.

It never was in the Soviet mech deck in the first place, even when it was in the vehicle tab.
Image

User avatar
PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2014 01:42
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby PzAz04Maus » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:37

M8 AGS.
15 rpm 5 6 HE. Because Flechette.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:39

trineroks wrote:Buratino shouldn't be available in mech decks.

It never was in the Soviet mech deck in the first place, even when it was in the vehicle tab.


FFS...

of course, instead of replying about something to help buff the USA's mech deck, lets go off about the BurnItAll.

Anyways, for the USA, I honestly do not know. That said, the USA does have the wonderful CEV, which makes a mockery of the cover save infantry get in towns. Even if you can't get LOS normally, force fire does allow you to lob HE goodness fairly deep into a town.

Rather micro intensive though, and doesn't really help as much as you would want it to.

PzAz04Maus wrote:M8 AGS.
15 rpm 5 6 HE. Because Flechette.


Actually, giving Sheridans and the MBT-70 HE 6 has long been something I would love to see.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby CornProducts » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:43

Are we at thread #6 now?

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END
Image

User avatar
PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat 22 Mar 2014 01:42
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby PzAz04Maus » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:46

Actually, giving Sheridans and the MBT-70 HE 6 has long been something I would love to see.


It's not a 4 second reload of remove Kholodets. I cannot tolerate such abuses on Eugen's behalf.

Spoiler : :
152mm magic would be very nice. I would totally support it and probably cease at least half of my remaining frustrations regarding American infantry.


WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END


WHEN THE END WILL END.

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:51

Fade2Gray wrote:FFS...

of course, instead of replying about something to help buff the USA's mech deck, lets go off about the BurnItAll.

Anyways, for the USA, I honestly do not know. That said, the USA does have the wonderful CEV, which makes a mockery of the cover save infantry get in towns. Even if you can't get LOS normally, force fire does allow you to lob HE goodness fairly deep into a town.

Rather micro intensive though, and doesn't really help as much as you would want it to.

Hey mann, trollish intentions aside, I took you seriously and made my own thread :)

AVRE/CEV are units that barely work and never see decks because of that reason, no point in taking up space..

Fade2Gray wrote:Actually, giving Sheridans and the MBT-70 HE 6 has long been something I would love to see.


HE buff Should happen regardless.. TBH I have no idea what can be even remotely fair/authentic/not ridiculously OP.. Maybe allowing the Paladin with a Mech deck?
Last edited by StalkerDellaNote on Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Because Buratino thread isn't a US thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:54

StalkerDellaNote wrote:
Spoiler : :
Fade2Gray wrote:FFS...

of course, instead of replying about something to help buff the USA's mech deck, lets go off about the BurnItAll.

Anyways, for the USA, I honestly do not know. That said, the USA does have the wonderful CEV, which makes a mockery of the cover save infantry get in towns. Even if you can't get LOS normally, force fire does allow you to lob HE goodness fairly deep into a town.

Rather micro intensive though, and doesn't really help as much as you would want it to.

Hey mann, trollish intentions aside, I took you seriously and made my own thread :)

AVRE/CEV are units that barely work and never see decks because of that reason, no point in taking up space..

Fade2Gray wrote:Actually, giving Sheridans and the MBT-70 HE 6 has long been something I would love to see.


HE buff Should happen regardless..


I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at the guy who was crying about the BurnItAll in the 2nd post.

I think you should redo the title of this thread however, something more like "How to buff the US Mech deck" or whatever. Including the BurnItAll in the title, well.... you see the results.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 13 Dec 2014 02:52
Contact:

Re: How can US Mech be buffed?

Postby codextero » Fri 13 Feb 2015 12:00

20 point 10 man infantry tab shock rangers. 75 version with CGM2, CQB M240, '90 version with CGM3 and Minimi. Decent transport selection

That's literally all there is to it.

Norad Mech works because Canadian Airborne are basically that. 20 points, good LMG, shock and available to mech/moto.

Or as it's been said 1000 times, Minimi for riflemen 90. ITF and authentic, and it's not like diggers 90 don't already have Minimi.

As a side thought, I think Panzergrenadiers/Mot-shuzen being "shock" is kinda stupid. Most Shock units are "specialized/elite formations, units like Rangers, the Paras, Foreign Legion, VDV, and Marines. These assault units come in faster/lighter transports, and sacrifice IFV's in exchange for better training. Then you have basic Mechanized Infantry of an army being labeled "shock", and available everywhere, including in big tough metal boxes. At least Livgarden have the excuse of being royal guards (I have no idea what Stomers even are, designation for Norwegians that could ride in the M113's they have?).

User avatar
Nikrib
Sergeant Major
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 12:44
Contact:

Re: How can US Mech be buffed?

Postby Nikrib » Fri 13 Feb 2015 12:50

codextero wrote:As a side thought, I think Panzergrenadiers/Mot-shuzen being "shock" is kinda stupid. Most Shock units are "specialized/elite formations, units like Rangers, the Paras, Foreign Legion, VDV, and Marines. These assault units come in faster/lighter transports, and sacrifice IFV's in exchange for better training. Then you have basic Mechanized Infantry of an army being labeled "shock", and available everywhere, including in big tough metal boxes. At least Livgarden have the excuse of being royal guards (I have no idea what Stomers even are, designation for Norwegians that could ride in the M113's they have?).


Do you question the superiority of the German Übermenschen over pathetic mortals?!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests