Gifting Units

Wookimonsta
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed 12 Feb 2014 19:43
Contact:

Gifting Units

Postby Wookimonsta » Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:36

I don't know about you guys, but when I play 10v10, I hate the leaving cascade. One guy leaves, next guy gets his units, then that guy leaves and it continues. Suddenly you end up with units in 4 different areas.
Therefore I was wondering if it was possible to give players the ability to "gift units" to other players.
Obviously the mechanism exists as units are passed around after people leave, would it be a huge leap to allow players to do this for selected units at will?
Basically the idea is that you select units, press the "Pass control to" button and then you get a drop down with the player name.
It would be highly useful for when you inherit units nowhere near yours, and you can give em to someone who already has units in the area.
I feel this would make microing a lot easier.

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:52

This is actually a great idea. Especially if I want to give support units or cargo helicopters to a friend in game without splitting my attention among too many areas.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby orcbuster » Thu 26 Feb 2015 16:00

Well, I can see pros and cons for this.

On the plus side you get a better way of managing different fronts.

On minus side this would actually be an exploitable mechanic considering the games deck system, allowing players to tailor make specialized decks with teammates in order to gain all the units in the game for both players with specialized deck bonuses on top of it.
Image
Viker for ingen!

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 26 Feb 2015 16:02

orcbuster wrote:Well, I can see pros and cons for this.

On the plus side you get a better way of managing different fronts.

On minus side this would actually be an exploitable mechanic considering the games deck system, allowing players to tailor make specialized decks with teammates in order to gain all the units in the game for both players with specialized deck bonuses on top of it.


oh, very true. Groups of friends could organize specific decks that provide certain things. One person could provide air support, another tanks, another arty, another AA, etc. This would completely destroy the need for balanced decks.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

Wookimonsta
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed 12 Feb 2014 19:43
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby Wookimonsta » Thu 26 Feb 2015 18:00

Well if you are afraid of that, you could set it that only units you were "gifted" can be given away. Perhaps adding supply units as well.

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 26 Feb 2015 19:20

Wookimonsta wrote:Well if you are afraid of that, you could set it that only units you were "gifted" can be given away. Perhaps adding supply units as well.


I was talking about being able to gift mid game without anybody leaving. Adding the ability to only gift what has already been gifted would just encourage people leaving on the behalf of their team.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

User avatar
AustrianOak
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat 24 Aug 2013 04:10
Location: Twenty minutes from most powerful city in world.
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby AustrianOak » Thu 26 Feb 2015 19:36

I could finally take control of all of Patton's units because he knows that I have to carry for him anyway.
non calcare vestigium mater nostra Europa

George S. Patton
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue 23 Sep 2014 14:08
Location: FL
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby George S. Patton » Thu 26 Feb 2015 19:38

AustrianOak wrote:I could finally take control of all of Patton's units because he knows that I have to carry for him anyway.


I should gift you some wins for the 3v3 tourny. #rekt :o :lol:
Image 13-0 the dream is real

User avatar
AustrianOak
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat 24 Aug 2013 04:10
Location: Twenty minutes from most powerful city in world.
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby AustrianOak » Thu 26 Feb 2015 19:40

George S. Patton wrote:
AustrianOak wrote:I could finally take control of all of Patton's units because he knows that I have to carry for him anyway.


I should gift you some wins for the 3v3 tourny. #rekt :o :lol:


Dang, I walked into that. You going to tell your cousin/ bf that you destroyed me like that?
non calcare vestigium mater nostra Europa

George S. Patton
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue 23 Sep 2014 14:08
Location: FL
Contact:

Re: Gifting Units

Postby George S. Patton » Thu 26 Feb 2015 19:43

AustrianOak wrote:
George S. Patton wrote:
AustrianOak wrote:I could finally take control of all of Patton's units because he knows that I have to carry for him anyway.


I should gift you some wins for the 3v3 tourny. #rekt :o :lol:


Dang, I walked into that. You going to tell your cousin/ bf that you destroyed me like that?

No i will tell your sister though :) #rektagain
Image 13-0 the dream is real

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests