Question about a far future [NO DERAIL]

Bougnas
Major-General

Question about a far future [NO DERAIL]

Postby Bougnas » Thu 19 Mar 2015 20:21

In a far future, we can hope there will be a next wargame.

As naval is now there, I don't think this new game would include as much content as RD. There will be prolly improvements of naval (if it's not entirely removed), new units to help new RD's countries, perhaps new nations (the famous ALB 2 with BENELUX and southern Europe).

So there's a question that comes to mind: will the UGBEAR issues ever be fixed, even in a far future?

Will old models like AMX 30 ones remain crappy rather than beautifull?

I hope next wargame will be called Wargame: Esthetic Escalation
Last edited by Bougnas on Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Red Army
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Question about a far future.

Postby Red Army » Thu 19 Mar 2015 20:26

Eugen really stumbled into a set of good games with Wargame, thanks partly to aggressive prodding by the community. That being said, I don't expect them to survive into the "far future" to make another one.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Thu 19 Mar 2015 20:31

Red Army wrote:Eugen really stumbled into a set of good games with Wargame, thanks partly to aggressive prodding by the community. That being said, I don't expect them to survive into the "far future" to make another one.

Yes, this happened purely by accident.....
Viker for ingen!

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:09

I don't want to see this topic derail because complains, I just want an answer to my question. Don't go off-topic to complain about something that is done. Now I want to know whether something will be done or not in a far future.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:10

In all honesty, the next Wargame doesn't have to add loads of units or new dynamics. It just needs a crap tonne of polish and tuning, including models, to probably be one of the best RTS's ever.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:11

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:In all honesty, the next Wargame doesn't have to add loads of units or new dynamics. It just needs a crap tonne of polish and tuning, including models, to probably be one of the best RTS's ever.

You join my opinion :twisted: .

chykka
Brigadier

Re: Question about a far future [NO DERAIL]

Postby chykka » Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:16

Should almost reduce unit count and increase diversity.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:23

Bougnas wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:In all honesty, the next Wargame doesn't have to add loads of units or new dynamics. It just needs a crap tonne of polish and tuning, including models, to probably be one of the best RTS's ever.

You join my opinion :twisted: .

Yes. One of the main reasons I play RTS's is the beautiful chaos of war that unfolds on your screen. Look at World in Conflict, it is utterly gorgeous. One of Wargames major strengths is zooming all the way in, it's damn good looking, just some models really letting it down.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 19 Mar 2015 22:04

Id agree with this. Maybe they could make it so coaxial weapons fire at the same time too.
Courtesy of KattiValk

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Thu 19 Mar 2015 23:26

This is true. They need to focus more on polish and improvements. Better core gameplay, map improvements, improvements to accessibility for new players, perhaps even a match making. Very little work needs to be done in terms of adding new nations or units.

The problem of Red Dragon was ultimately scope. Trying to add too many new nations, update existing nations, add naval, try new map concepts, amphibious stuff - and then have it all if t together and work - was just too ambitious in hindsight. Especially because, as we now know, Eugen's development schedule was too tight to adequately support Red Dragon or give timely patches.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”