Matchmaking needed for balanced teams

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Re: Matchmaking needed for balanced teams

Postby Ghostweed » Mon 30 Mar 2015 19:24

@OP

These things happen if the game is pushed to release unfinished, unpolished and without ANY of the "normal game" stuff (tutorials, MM, user friendly UI etc.). There are several things which Eugen teached me: 1.never ever trust a trailer (its usualy full of lies). 2. dont buy a game which is released not even 1 yr after the previous title. 3. dont support developers who troll the community, refuse to coop with community and release a game which is a DLC (not a full game). The game is dead, the studio is dead, the community is dead (thx to studio politics; and ofc there will be HC fans).

All I see in Eugen is GREED (by the time of RD CB, the über troll MadMat stated that they are already working on 3 other games and there is !1! guy who will do stuff about RD and guess what...he wasnt trollin this time).

yup, u are right, I will bash Eugen for RD scam over and over again :P

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Mon 30 Mar 2015 19:58

LOL. If you owned EE you got ALB for a discount and it was already cheaper than pretty much any non-indie title. Same thing for RD if you owned ALB.

You got free DLC for factions that aren't included in the singleplayer because the community begged for them.

The vitriol thrown around at Eugen here makes me wonder if this is the only game some of you people ever played and that Eugen is the only studio you've ever interacted with.

And I always bring this up. How many hours in RD do you have? Divide what you paid by that number and tell me just how cheap this entertainment is for you.

I paid $29.99 for Wargame: Red Dragon. I have 564 hours logged. That's .053 cents an hour.

The concept of value is lost on so many people here. Even if you paid a dollar an hour it is so much better than pretty much any other form of entertainment. If you hate the game so much, then just leave.

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Mon 30 Mar 2015 20:10

I WUB PUGS wrote:How many hours in RD do you have?

If I dont count CB then exactly 0 as I never bought RD due to the very bad CB, trailer full of lies and MadMat statements about how they wont do anything about RD (at the end they did, becasue the game was unplayable (or should I say playable with only 6 nations with ctrl+c and ctrl+v units) and how they focus on other games (he stated this at the very beginning of RD CB which was very stupid of him - CB should be cca 6 months before the official release, not a 14 days lol).

Also u can see clear improvements from EE to ALB, but I heavnt seen any from ALB to RD. Also like I said, there will always be hardcore fans who will defend the game and the studio. Me, on the other hand, will openly criticize scam like practices (see trailer), unifinished jobs (see UI) and all around EA like behaviour of developers. Like it or not, this is my opinion and I have right to say it.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 30 Mar 2015 20:13

Ah, of course. You clearly have a better idea when you haven't actually played or even purchased the full product. What where we thinking.

Yet here you are a year after release telling us actual players how it is, how Eugen ruined everything and so forth.

Ger a life. And get rid of the chip on your shoulder.
Viker for ingen!

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Mon 30 Mar 2015 20:22

orcbuster wrote:Ah, of course. You clearly have a better idea when you haven't actually played or even purchased the full product. What where we thinking.

Yet here you are a year after release telling us actual players how it is, how Eugen ruined everything and so forth.

Ger a life. And get rid of the chip on your shoulder.

U really think that one cant criticize a game which he dont own in the time of YT?

Yes, what were u thinking, u and ur endless row of RD players.

CB was a FULL PRODUCT, there were minimal improvements - or do u count DLCs as part of full product? Really? Thats like BF3 was unfinished game for a very long time with that amount of DLCs lol.

Also thank you for behaving like a ...like an EA guy - everyone with opposite opinion should be dehonested. Thats your favourite practice for past year. I dont blame u, u are Eugen employee after all (no matter if u get a salary or not) and hardcore fan.

trineroks
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby trineroks » Mon 30 Mar 2015 20:37

lol. "Closed beta is a full product". You crack me up.

"There were minimal improvements" - not surprised considering you don't own the game.

Eugen doesn't charge for DLC and that's fair, considering modernization of Eastern Bloc/Scandinavian nations were planned and developed on a rolling basis.

You're comparing Eugen DLC to Battlefield 3 DLC? Battlefield 3 was a completed game with paid DLC released later. Wargame Red Dragon was a somewhat incomplete (regarding Eastern Bloc and Scandies) product that got its holes filled with free DLC.

Probably the only thing I'll agree with you on is a lack of a real integrated tutorial.

Someone who doesn't own the product criticizing the game for having no changes or fixes since the closed beta? People like you are amusing.

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Mon 30 Mar 2015 20:43

trineroks wrote:People like you are amusing.

Not like u brony ;)

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Mon 30 Mar 2015 23:02

Ghostweed wrote:Me, on the other hand, will openly criticize scam like practices (see trailer), unifinished jobs (see UI) and all around EA like behaviour of developers. Like it or not, this is my opinion and I have right to say it.

Oh sure, you have a right to say anything. It doesn't make you less wrong though. Basing anything off of a trailer is sort of laughable. Its all built for hype. I don't see the problem with the UI to be fair. And I don't see how this was a scam since we got 5 new campaigns, tons of new units, all new maps and free stuff later that was never intended. All for $30. ;)

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Mon 30 Mar 2015 23:29

A devolper should not throw his game away less after a year that is the real shame.
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 30 Mar 2015 23:39

They have been working on this series for more than 3 years now in case you forget.
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”