Arty spamming is killing this game.

User avatar
Bullfrog
General
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sat 11 Aug 2012 23:48
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby Bullfrog » Tue 28 Apr 2015 08:01

It ain't even that bad anymore even in 10 v 10. I'd still argue that they're not supply hungry enough though
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Image

User avatar
Fussel
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:57
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby Fussel » Tue 28 Apr 2015 10:10

10v10's are one of the things that are killing this game.

nande
Lieutenant
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue 30 Sep 2014 02:31
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby nande » Tue 28 Apr 2015 10:56

AMOS are pretty much the only arty piece I have issues with. ATACMS too but that's another matter.

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6688
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby molnibalage » Tue 28 Apr 2015 11:57

Just as example, as it is I can buy 28 MLRS as East Block player, thats more than 1000 rockets per salvo.

And it kills almost nothing or if you fire all with the same place and min distance for lots of CP and wasted supply pts. you got nothing back...

thenosh
Lieutenant
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed 11 Sep 2013 19:32
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby thenosh » Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:03

Virunis wrote:I know ppl complain about arty spamming since this game release. Eugen has done stuff before to nerf artillery, but once again this game became unplayable on both sides. The degree of arty spamming is obscene and it is killing this game.

There is a serious need for another nerf, availability, price and supply costs for all artillery, specially MLRS. I know eugen is focusing on another game, but thats a simple change. Just as example, as it is I can buy 28 MLRS as East Block player, thats more than 1000 rockets per salvo.

The question is simple, i am not here to entertain you arty spammer.

I am here to play and have fun. Therefore i will not stay playing to just to waste one hour of my life buying units that are going to die to a neverending artillery barrage that covers half of the map.

And dont came with that same stuff of "adapt", as it is the issue is just not balanced.


As said before, if you play 10v10 with initial 10k pts, you will experience that. However, if you play 1v1-3v3 it's not that big of a matter in my opinion.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

User avatar
Prettyhill
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:52
Location: Tromsø, Norway
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby Prettyhill » Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:19

In 1v1-4v4, in the destruction gamemode, if both sides are cynical (new players just will just suicide planes at you until you are 1500pts up), often play out as: recon-arty-recon-arty. Thats the game mode, and it has played out similarly since smerch sniping in WEE.

Its still surprising to see people host 40 min total destruction, let the game settle into a static state, and then complain about artillery.
"Am i really discussing wargames here with people who have never heard of Fistful of TOWs? I guess that explains why no one has a clue as to what a wargame is then." -Sharky Ward

thenosh
Lieutenant
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed 11 Sep 2013 19:32
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby thenosh » Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:37

Prettyhill wrote:In 1v1-4v4, in the destruction gamemode, if both sides are cynical (new players just will just suicide planes at you until you are 1500pts up), often play out as: recon-arty-recon-arty. Thats the game mode, and it has played out similarly since smerch sniping in WEE.

Its still surprising to see people host 40 min total destruction, let the game settle into a static state, and then complain about artillery.


To me it seems that this happens on certain maps where the middle line consists out of bridges, also mostly in 4v4. Isn't it?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12406
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby Mike » Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:39

Fussel wrote:10v10's are one of the things that are killing this game.

10v10's are pretty good if you don't take them seriously.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

keebs63
Brigadier
Posts: 3091
Joined: Mon 3 Mar 2014 08:33
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby keebs63 » Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:54

I feel like it is too hard to counter battery though. By the the time you aim and fire your first round any competent player is already on the move again.
Image
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

User avatar
Prettyhill
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:52
Location: Tromsø, Norway
Contact:

Re: Arty spamming is killing this game.

Postby Prettyhill » Tue 28 Apr 2015 13:14

thenosh wrote:
Prettyhill wrote:In 1v1-4v4, in the destruction gamemode, if both sides are cynical (new players just will just suicide planes at you until you are 1500pts up), often play out as: recon-arty-recon-arty. Thats the game mode, and it has played out similarly since smerch sniping in WEE.

Its still surprising to see people host 40 min total destruction, let the game settle into a static state, and then complain about artillery.


To me it seems that this happens on certain maps where the middle line consists out of bridges, also mostly in 4v4. Isn't it?


I agree, some maps seems to be designed to be static. The number of players matters as well, as 4v4 matches are often played on maps designed for fewer players, resulting in very high unit saturation. But in general, at least for 3v3 and 4v4, every map has the potential to turn into WW1 when the teams are balanced and populated with "destruction veterans". In destruction, there is simply too few incentives to attack to balance out the risks of ending up at a net -250 pts after the attack. Successfully getting that +2 point is usually not worth it, especially not if you overextend and get owned by planes.
"Am i really discussing wargames here with people who have never heard of Fistful of TOWs? I guess that explains why no one has a clue as to what a wargame is then." -Sharky Ward

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shifu and 31 guests