The most overbuffed, overpowered units

KattiValk
General

Re: The most overbuffed, overpowered units

Postby KattiValk » Thu 7 May 2015 19:21

Virunis wrote:As fun as shooting down an interceptor with a bomber is shoot down an expensive interceptor (or a SEAD) with an AA helo...
(cough)

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Thu 7 May 2015 19:29

Virunis wrote:As fun as shooting down an interceptor with a bomber is shoot down an expensive interceptor (or a SEAD) with an AA helo...

In ALB I did this a lot with the sokol (back when it was good) against tomcats. Death circles got a taste of their own medicine :twisted:

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 7 May 2015 19:40

You can use the supercobra as a pretty good non-radar aa with excellent range and mobility. Just land it behind a tree line and BOOM.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Thu 7 May 2015 19:43

Razzmann wrote:

You can use the supercobra as a pretty good non-radar aa with excellent range and mobility. Just land it behind a tree line and BOOM.

Agree, i think a lot of people underestimate the supercobra, saying its needs hellfire more AA missile or whatever

the supercobra is fantastic , is like a mobile AA against planes . Often people dont consider it a threat to their plane , and often dont even notice that it was the supercobra that shot it down or damage it
Of Salt

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 7 May 2015 19:43

It also has no armor, has 6HP, cost 120 points and you only get three per card. But I think it'll still keep ripping off AIM-9's as long as you keep it supplied :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

another505

Postby another505 » Thu 7 May 2015 19:50

Mike wrote:It also has no armor, has 6HP, cost 120 points and you only get three per card. But I think it'll still keep ripping off AIM-9's as long as you keep it supplied :lol:

meh, armor on helo is overrated. I think it could get a bit of price buff, to 115 or even 110
Of Salt

Virunis
Master Sergeant

Postby Virunis » Thu 7 May 2015 20:00

Lucky me (Redplayer) that supercobra has only 2 missiles...just send bait helos ahead and shoot them down with my sokols...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 7 May 2015 20:01

Mike wrote:It also has no armor, has 6HP, cost 120 points and you only get three per card. But I think it'll still keep ripping off AIM-9's as long as you keep it supplied :lol:

Yeah, but its missiles cost barely anything, it has 60% accuracy and reloads extremely fast.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 7 May 2015 20:09

another505 wrote:

meh, armor on helo is overrated. I think it could get a bit of price buff, to 115 or even 110

I meant that a couple of mortars hit it and it's dead. It's not protected from arty fire like a Roland system is. So it's pretty high risk, high reward for leaving it on the ground.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 7 May 2015 20:10

Mike wrote:
another505 wrote:

I meant that a couple of mortars hit it and it's dead. It's not protected from arty fire like a Roland system is. So it's pretty high risk, high reward for leaving it on the ground.

Always bugged me that helos could fire while on the ground.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”