The most overbuffed, overpowered units

Razzmann
General

Re: The most overbuffed, overpowered units

Postby Razzmann » Fri 8 May 2015 15:06

Wow. T-62 > Leo 1. Now I have seen everything...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 8 May 2015 15:10

because it's complex. It's not gamebreaking, that's something like the fire-at-position bug on helos :twisted:

What bug? I use sometimes to kill invisible MANPAD or AAA but you can do it only with gun and rocket. ATGM is not used. Where is the bug?

Like I said, I've not seen it done. That is NOT the same as saying it's not possible, it's just not a strong argument because it is at best a very rare occurrence and not something that should really impact on balance considerations.

When I can kill two 10 pts expensive Mexas with two T-62MV-1 by losing only some HP I have to say we have balance problem. T-62MV-1 uising this way simply outclasses any med tank. Same case as M1IP and T-72B1.... T-72B1 is just 5 pts more expensive and most of cases can eardicate M1IP and you can loose if you too dumb to retreat when you have don wrong.

That's what it's for. Killing mediums, stopping cheap spam, hitting troop transports and soft targets. Not taking on T-72BUs 15 years more advanced.

Even to doing this is risky because of 10AP. Spammable and cheaper redfor tanks can have 15-18AP. Just some hits and your HP and morale will be lost. The M1IP is far better and especially K1. Their firepower and range simply makes almost immune to spam at least you have room to use reverse order because they are as fast as opoonent can approach. These spam tanks really have to go close just deal 1 dmg/hit where even totally powerless M1IP can cause 2.5-3 times more. I rather use stopping spam base Leo2 than Leo1A5.

It's a sniper, whereas you clearly place far more value on armour. That's fine, it's your playstyle, but the fact that the tank doesn't fit into your technique does not make it a bad tank, worthless, or any other label you might chose to attach. HIgh acc, RoF, AP all make it valuable.

Where I said it is bad? I'm just simply do not understand the whining about Leo1A5. It is not OP, just the perfect example of "glass cannon". DPRK or PRC has similar glass cannon tanks with very high AP, med base ACC but low armor and RoK also has such kind of M48. Leo1A5 has very accurate and powerful gun for its price but dies very, very easily. When I see coming than I just smile hammers them with T-62MV-1 or T-72B1. Last time when I stopped with my support deck - first time I ever used support deck - the opponent simply left the game... :)

Put simply, a T72B1 should not be your comparison to a Leo 1A5... they are in a different league. There is a Leo2 in between that is cheaper than the T72... the fact that you use them to compare is indicative of the strength of the Leo by comparison to other mediums in the 60 point range.

Of course. But maker a test with non armored and armored decks on open field between T-62MV-1 and Leo1A5 with ATGM/gun switch. I doubt that in 2v2 or higher many vs many situations the winrate of Leo1A5 would be significant. At smaller distance with chance of first hit has the only chance Leos. When comes the time when anybody tries what I have done it...?

It doesn't happen, does it? see above re comparisons. you're comparing a 60(65?) point tank against a 90(85-95?) point tank and saying the 60 point tank isn't good because the 90 point one can win. It should! The counter-example is being saying the t55AMV is bad (it kinda is) because it can't kill a Leo2 front on. It can't, it'll die horribly, but it's still a bad comparison. They aren't comparable tanks, and the outcome of that one-sided fight should not influence balance decisions.

Nope. My problem is that 2x95 pts tanks outclasses the 3x60 tanks while use useing the same card, same CP. IMHO this is a general problem in WG, this is why I do not use less expensive tanks, in most of cases is pointless. Only exception is armored deck where you need combine crap inf with elite and very spammable tanks. You have AP and slots for them but not in general decks.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 8 May 2015 15:16

dont worry, i will mortar your t62mv-1, so it will never fire again
Of Salt

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Fri 8 May 2015 15:18

lol

OP unit topic

molnibalage posts about T-62MV-1

topic complete

next week: "motostrelki 75 is more useful than SEALs"

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 8 May 2015 15:26

frostypooky wrote:lol
next week: "motostrelki 75 is more useful than SEALs"

Technically since you get more moto 75 they would wipe out your SEALS card eventually..... we should nerf motos some more I say.

EInarial
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EInarial » Fri 8 May 2015 15:38

molnibalage wrote:
because it's complex. It's not gamebreaking, that's something like the fire-at-position bug on helos :twisted:

What bug? I use sometimes to kill invisible MANPAD or AAA but you can do it only with gun and rocket. ATGM is not used. Where is the bug?

ah, well, not at all what I was talking about... :D

OK Molni, I give up. You seem to have missed the point of most of my replies. Or my replies have poorly approached the topic. One way or another, I've given all the responses that should be necessary to counter your arguments and I can't see how repetition would help.

You win.

t62s are better than Leo1A5s and all other medium tanks up to and including the C2Mexas...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 8 May 2015 15:42

EInarial wrote:
molnibalage wrote:

ah, well, not at all what I was talking about... :D

OK Molni, I give up. You seem to have missed the point of most of my replies. Or my replies have poorly approached the topic. One way or another, I've given all the responses that should be necessary to counter your arguments and I can't see how repetition would help.

You win.

t62s are better than Leo1A5s and all other medium tanks up to and including the C2Mexas...

Don't try arguing with molnibalage. It is like talking to a wall.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Fri 8 May 2015 15:45

Inb4 more T-62 variants are OP 'cause cat B or C.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Fri 8 May 2015 15:50

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Inb4 more T-62 variants are OP 'cause cat B or C.

Oh God. Cat games should go away, to be honest. They are the sole reason that so many units in this game suck.

Virunis
Master Sergeant

Postby Virunis » Fri 8 May 2015 16:02

Good times when the T34 was OP....

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”