Skot 2AM or Skot 2AP

trotskygrad
General

Skot 2AM or Skot 2AP

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 8 May 2015 07:27

truly, the question of the century

one has 5% more accuracy on the KPVT. The other has 4 malyutkas with 13 AP :lol:
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Skot 2AM or Skot 2AP

Postby Vladimirova » Fri 8 May 2015 08:49

SKOT-2AP also has increased anti-helo range on the KPVT
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Fri 8 May 2015 13:46

Vladimirova wrote:SKOT-2AP also has increased anti-helo range on the KPVT

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy...

Suriel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Suriel » Fri 8 May 2015 15:30

Personally I don't bother with Malyutkas. Waste of time and sanity. Watching 8 of them flying and miss can irritate. :)

Virunis
Master Sergeant

Postby Virunis » Fri 8 May 2015 16:05

Personally i prefer the AM with that polish ATGM 10 infantry.

With 140 points you can bring 2 konkurs infantry, 2 Skot 2am and 2 of that atgm infantry, meaning that you have 6 mouths firing missiles for a very low price and the enemy doesnt know (unless he recon spot them) which one has the real AP power (also mortaring the Skot 2am or the 10men atgm infantry usually dont kill them....mortaring the konkurs...do).

On Asgard, specially with a random team, i am always gap plugging and making token defensive lines like that.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Fri 8 May 2015 16:10

Virunis wrote:Personally i prefer the AM with that polish ATGM 10 infantry.

With 140 points you can bring 2 konkurs infantry, 2 Skot 2am and 2 of that atgm infantry, meaning that you have 6 mouths firing missiles for a very low price and the enemy doesnt know (unless he recon spot them) which one has the real AP power (also mortaring the Skot 2am or the 10men atgm infantry usually dont kill them....mortaring the konkurs...do).

On Asgard, specially with a random team, i am always gap plugging and making token defensive lines like that.

I usually take my konkurs-m infantry (czech) in the SKOT-2AM anyways; they cost the same as the regulars.

Virunis
Master Sergeant

Postby Virunis » Fri 8 May 2015 16:16

Which kind of deck do you use? I am East Block motorised and i never could place konkurs (any kind) on Skot 2AM (unless i unload the transport from other kinds of infantry).

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Fri 8 May 2015 16:17

Vetted (that is mostly elite) KPVT against designated targets is hardly a joke, it can tear through light units / spammed 0.50 cal transports better than chainsaw. Most of helicopters in range of such will also just implode. With 1HE it's also burning infantry alive if used as FSV vehicle, that is from outside of infantry AT range and from behind of own advancing infantry.

ATGM version can be bothered with if you're taking it with some numerous infantry card, fe. Spadochroniarze; they're aren't elite by default in most of decks, but it specialization is taken you get a reasonably cheap possibility of filling the air with tremendous shitton of crap-ATGMs that (with veterancy) can actually hit something and bring it down due to lucky flank hit or simply attrition via number of hits.
Such ATGM salvo is also somewhat guaranteed to cause enemy "PANIC (tm)" reaction like immediately using mortars / artillery for fire mission without proper re-positioning from former position or sending precious bomber on suicide mission; that can be used to own advantage.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 8 May 2015 17:10

skot 2ap

the 2am will just suck your supplies out when it is close to your trucks
although i do take them in czech just for lolz
Of Salt

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 8 May 2015 17:18

Suriel wrote:Personally I don't bother with Malyutkas. Waste of time and sanity. Watching 8 of them flying and miss can irritate. :)

I'm wondering if people tried using them up close in forests against M113s and suck for a lower TTK than the KPVT, so they get the accuracy buffs of being close. Unlike IRL there is no min range :lol:
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”