Do we have to wait 2-4 yers for a new Wargame?

littlebird2
Sergeant

Do we have to wait 2-4 yers for a new Wargame?

Postby littlebird2 » Sat 16 May 2015 13:08

Eugen decided to hopp into a new Project called AOA. Its basically seeking for the average Rts guy who likes it simple. Wargame was a niche product. I enjoy it since years and iam sad that there has come an end to wargame for at least a few years. I really hope, as much as i like wargame and the devs that AOA fails and that eugen hopps back to their successfull and overall very nice wargame.

i wish you no success with your new game eugen. At the least you will then recognize that ppl want to play wargame and not a sort of Cod Rts. If we play an rts we wnt to play a real rts. At least i do

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Re: Do we have to wait 2-4 yers for a new Wargame?

Postby Rorschach » Sat 16 May 2015 13:13

Since Eugen apparently has 2 other games in the works, and apparently both are NOT Wargame titles, yeah, we'll probably have to wait a couple of years for Wargame 4.

In a way, this is good though, it will give them plenty of time to analyse where RD went wrong, and fix the mistakes.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Sat 16 May 2015 13:30

Wargame is niche in the same sense that hex or turn-based strategy games are niche, in so much as the learning curve is nearly vertical. But the challenge for a realistic RTS, as we may see with Blitzkreig 3, is maintaining gameplay balance (in the absence of natural counters). I think the high tech slant in Wargame gradually eroded the more objective aims of balancing. Also, there are few reliable sources on the use of modern military weapons in real world conditions, so much of the data is suspect. A great deal is also ignored by masculine fantasists such as Clancy.

EInarial
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby EInarial » Sun 17 May 2015 03:54

littlebird2 wrote:i wish you no success with your new game eugen. At the least you will then recognize that ppl want to play wargame and not a sort of Cod Rts. If we play an rts we wnt to play a real rts. At least i do

you realise if 2 new games are unsuccessful there will be no money for a Wargame 4?

Don't be petty. hopefully Eugen will realise the niche they have with Wargame and put plenty of effort into a fourth title if/when they get around to it. But I hope they have money to do that.

Know why?
Research
Modelling
Balancing and unit capacities
Game engine improvements
Naval...

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Sun 17 May 2015 04:13

"Cod RTS"

pretty sure that subgenre of RTS was around before CoD

pretty sure Wargame is full of scrubs spamming 1 or 2 unit types

ZERO
Sergeant

Postby ZERO » Sun 17 May 2015 08:12

I want a new Wargame and i was dissappointed when i hear about this AoA but i hope that Eugen be able make a lot of money to prosperate and develope a new Wargame soon is possible. They have create a new catchment area for realistic RTS players in these last 3-4 years and throw in the trash to continue an old and simple series is really dangerous; the most part of Waragame's players will not buy this RTS style C&C because is only full step respect to Wargame.
Wargame is a niche series but Eugen Systems have a part of fault about low players and low earnings because there isn't marketing strategy ,they upload only 2-3 video on youtube 1 month before the release date of the game.
They did ever the same mistake in all 3 Wargame and now they repeat again even if with AoA they add a interview and collaborate with some youtubers.
The only way to know something about Eugen's products is to play the previous game and follow the forum that normal players don't do.
I know that marketing can look useless but if the public don't know that and your Studios and awesome games exist noone buy them,i know that cost a lot of money but Eugen Systems can do better than that to promote there products for new players and yourself.

brroleg
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby brroleg » Sun 17 May 2015 08:18

ZERO wrote:I want a new Wargame and i was dissappointed when i hear about this AoA but i hope that Eugen be able make a lot of money to prosperate and develope a new Wargame soon is possible. They have create a new catchment area for realistic RTS players in these last 3-4 years and throw in the trash to continue an old and simple series is really dangerous; the most part of Waragame's players will not buy this RTS style C&C because is only full step respect to Wargame.
Wargame is a niche series but Eugen Systems have a part of fault about low players and low earnings because there isn't marketing strategy ,they upload only 2-3 video on youtube 1 month before the release date of the game.
They did ever the same mistake in all 3 Wargame and now they repeat again even if with AoA they add a interview and collaborate with some youtubers.
The only way to know something about Eugen's products is to play the previous game and follow the forum that normal players don't do.
I know that marketing can look useless but if the public don't know that and your Studios and awesome games exist noone buy them,i know that cost a lot of money but Eugen Systems can do better than that to promote there products for new players and yourself.

And now they will listen to your advise and will do great marketing campaign for AOA. Sales rise. Eugen thinks "ah, people love AOA more then wargame! Screw wargame! Lets make tons of AOA instead".

AwaysAlways
Private

Postby AwaysAlways » Sun 17 May 2015 08:29

ofc they have to try somethin new,
wargame is pretty much an experiment when they first make
ruse is pretty much an experiment when they first make

we already have too many wargames! for the past three year!
they need something else instead of stale yearly rerelease like cod

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sun 17 May 2015 08:59

It's sad to see they're making several games before any hints of a Wargame: 4 coming our way, but I'd hate to doom prophet just yet. Does Eugen know they've hit a niche genre? At the very least they must have some idea that they've had.

Though what with RD's fantastically borked condition, it might be time for Eugen to step back and realize that something's gone wrong. All we can do is hope they'll come back.

And if you've lost hope (already?) then here's some music to make you feel worse about it.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Sun 17 May 2015 11:16

Oh well, it probably will take some time to the next wargame. Mostly depending on the success of the coming other games though. IF they'd do a new wargame and take their AND the players experieces into account, I think they pretty much might make the best wargame so far.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”