Survey about Act of Aggression

ZERO
Sergeant

Survey about Act of Aggression

Postby ZERO » Mon 18 May 2015 04:14

I ask to all veteran players of Wargame series to post if they will buy or not the new RTS Act of Aggression and motivate the answer.

An advice here you just motivate and share your decision and respect the others different opinion

Please use this simple system to post the reply

Buy AoA:Yes/No

Why:blablablablabla
Last edited by ZERO on Mon 18 May 2015 13:20, edited 3 times in total.

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Re: Survey about Act of Aggression

Postby Falcrack » Mon 18 May 2015 04:18

No because crappy zoom options and planes that move slower than molasses in January, and super short weapons ranges.

ZERO
Sergeant

Postby ZERO » Mon 18 May 2015 04:32

Buy AoA:No

Why: I don't want be gross but personally i will not buy AoA that i consider RTS for lobotomized people. From what we know the game will be an RTS for noobs ,when i can clic 2 bottons and win like Starcraft II style it's too easy(no strategy none tactics only stupidity).

Eugen Systems after that built an awesome unique but not perfect semi-realistics RTS (Wargame Series) and an attached pool of players in 3-4 years you throw everything in the trash and you did a full step only to build and no sense RTS like thousand of others.
I know that you need more money to prosperate but part of the fault of low earnings and low players is yours; because you haven't a marketing strategy ,only 2-3 video before the release date of the game isn't a marketing strategy and how can a new player buy your products if he don't know that exist it?

kvnrthr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby kvnrthr » Mon 18 May 2015 07:15

Buy AoA: No

Why:

I suppose this is the game for people that liked classic RTS, but I never really got into those. I played a few missions of C&C Generals and World in Conflict, but nothing really captured my interest until Wargame:EE came along. I simply dislike the lack of relative realism, resource gathering, base building, etc.

I also think Wargame is actually one of the easier RTS to get into, and I like the "simple to learn yet hard to master" feel of the game. You don't need to figure out how to gather resources or what order to build things or know special abilities. Capture points, kill enemy units. Everything just makes sense intuitively, and the principles of real life tactics work well here.

Not to say AOA is some kind of terrible abomination. I'm sure people who like that kind of game will enjoy this. But in my opinion the crowd of regular Wargame players have relatively little overlap with fans of the classic RTS, and it is just not the type of game I am looking for.
Hoping for a better next-gen Wargame and new engine in a few years...
One can dream ;_;

Pleb Squasher
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Pleb Squasher » Mon 18 May 2015 07:28

Wargame is a gem. Act of aggression won't be bad, but it's not Wargame.

Wargame has set a new benchmark for modern warfare strategy games for me and I don't think I'll be able to play anything from Cold War era and beyond if it's not like Wargame.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Mon 18 May 2015 08:32

Why: There are very few traditional base building/econ management RTS games that I like — hence, I play Wargame. I just don't care for it.

DrakFira
Sergeant

Postby DrakFira » Mon 18 May 2015 08:43

ZERO wrote:Why: I don't want be gross but personally i will not buy AoA that i consider RTS for lobotomized people. From what we know the game will be an RTS for noobs ,when i can clic 2 bottons and win like Starcraft II style it's too easy(no strategy none tactics only stupidity).

You can hate it all you want and you can tell everyone a million times that you don't want it.

But would you mind not insulting those of us who are actually enjoying and looking forward to this new game?
Last edited by [DAY]Topspin2005 on Mon 18 May 2015 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Bullman
Sergeant

Postby Bullman » Mon 18 May 2015 10:08

Why: Lack of strategic zoom, no proper camera control, I hate claustrophobic RTS games that force action right in my face by looking at one small patch of map. I much prefer the versatility of Wargame when it comes to camera control rather than being forced to play a game with my eyeballs pressed to the ground.

(I ripped much of this reason from falcrack's post here viewtopic.php?f=192&t=52826&start=10. He summed it quite well)

ReniferS
Corporal

Postby ReniferS » Mon 18 May 2015 11:01

Buy AoA: Yes

Why: Because i liked Generals and was dissapointed when EA dropped that project.

It will not replace Wargen though.

Will I buy it when it is realsed: Hell no

We all remember red dragons naval and balance after the realse so i will be waiting for the full review first.

And to those who say that starcraft is a noob 2 click game: have you realy played it? It has more short keys that you have to use than Redragon.

Thomas191
Corporal

Postby Thomas191 » Mon 18 May 2015 12:30

Buy AoA: Yes

To support Eugen with making more games, since Eugen is the ONLY good rts developer left, purchasing a small $60 game
to support them in rolling out more seems reasonable for me.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”