Survey about Act of Aggression

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Survey about Act of Aggression

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 18 May 2015 16:43

Buy at full price? No.
Buy during Steam sale for $10-15? Maybe.

Why? Base building games generally do not interest me unless it follows the TA/SupCom method. Considering how simplified AOA looks in comparison, it really doesn't spark an interest in me.
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Tue 19 May 2015 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 18 May 2015 17:57

I wont be getting it, I would give you some elaborate reason why... but the truth is I'm just flat out not interested and there are other things I want to buy.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

ElTaco
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby ElTaco » Mon 18 May 2015 18:26

Will I buy it?
No.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 18 May 2015 18:28

Buy: Maybe

Why: I think Eugen is a good dev, but I didn't like the way Red Dragon was handled. A lot of things in the game felt rushed or broken. A lot of things that were considered broken stayed broken(Naval, Public Decknames, maps) because of priorities or weren't fixed right away because patches were released few and far between.

SpitfireMK-Pony
Warrant Officer

Postby SpitfireMK-Pony » Mon 18 May 2015 21:57

No:

Because I already own Supreme Commander, CaC Red Alert, StarCraft, Planetary Annihilation, About 4 Stronghold Games, Rise of Nations, 3 Age of Empires, RUSE, and maybe 2 dozen Free to Play online RTS's.

Why exactly would I buy yet another cookie cutter RTS that offers nothing I don't already have available to me in one of the previously mentioned games?

I'm also weary of buying anything from Eugen after the mess they made of Red Dragon...

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 19 May 2015 00:33

I will buy it :) The campaign sounds interesting to me

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Tue 19 May 2015 03:47

Buy: Probably not

Why: I don't like the resource system and find that it really limits variety because it gives you obvious choice units, when the overall unit roster is already small, so you only use the same units over and over again. I also really dislike the zoom level and can't enjoy a game that gives me such a small field of view; I play on a 28" 4k monitor and like to immerse myself in games with no limitations. It doesn't help that the graphics look cartoony. I loved the C&C games of the day, but that was over 10 years ago and my tastes have definitely changed since then.

Don't see myself buying it unless the finished product blows me away and EUG updates the game based on community feedback.

Trimen
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Trimen » Tue 19 May 2015 04:03

No

The golden age of RTS has past, Wargame was part of the new generation of RTS games. Going back to that setup is like Boeing going back to Turbo props because of nostalgia . Besides If I wanted to play a solid base building, resource gathering RTS, I have Star Craft II.

I am not saying AOA is a bad game far from it. I am just someone who played the original C&C the day it first hit the shelves and practically every RTS since, am burnt out on that RTS style. Hell I still Play AOW from time to time. Sorry, AOA brings nothing new to the RTS genre, every mechanic has been done many time before. There really isn't anything that jumps out at me as something to separate it from all other RTS in it's category. Great story or not.

DoubleDown
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby DoubleDown » Tue 19 May 2015 05:06

Buy AoA: Unsure, probably not.

Why: I've just never been a fan of base builders. I tried Starcraft, I tried AoE, I tried C&C, hell I tried Halo Wars. I just can't do basebuilders. They plain aren't fun for me.

F-22
Lieutenant

Postby F-22 » Tue 19 May 2015 06:02

Buy AoA: I'm 90% sure I will not buy this game.

If they handle it patch wise like they did Red Dragon, Never.

I have no reason to believe they won't.

I honestly just want more war game, having my face pushed that far zoomed in also bothers me slightly.

Besides Eugen's complete failure to implement timely balance patches to RD like previous titles, AoA is not my cup of tea.

Much of the percentage also comes from me leaving come fall.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”