Survey about Act of Aggression

Leyline
Warrant Officer

Re: Survey about Act of Aggression

Postby Leyline » Mon 25 May 2015 12:16

no, because i am not the audience they are aiming at. ^^

Might pick it up at a discount later if the story is a motivating as the Act of War story was.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Mon 25 May 2015 14:34

Buy AoA: No

Why: I'm not the target audience for this game. Perhaps it is a bit selfish that I am not sponsoring future Wargame development seeing how this franchise gave me so much, but then there is not a slightest indication that next Wargame will happen at all. I would recommend starting a kickstarter campaign to satisfy our grognardy, RTT niche needs.

Airborneguy
Sergeant Major

Postby Airborneguy » Mon 25 May 2015 19:52

No

Seems Eugene has abandoned Wargame!

I will not be giving them my money

jmpveg22
Lieutenant

Postby jmpveg22 » Mon 25 May 2015 20:45

BTR wrote:Buy AoA: No

Why: I'm not the target audience for this game. Perhaps it is a bit selfish that I am not sponsoring future Wargame development seeing how this franchise gave me so much, but then there is not a slightest indication that next Wargame will happen at all. I would recommend starting a kickstarter campaign to satisfy our grognardy, RTT niche needs.

you mean like this?

;)

was kinda snubbed back then... but maybe now...

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Mon 25 May 2015 21:16

For a moment I felt like I was prompted to "download a movie right now", when I had to jump three links :) .

jmpveg22
Lieutenant

Postby jmpveg22 » Mon 25 May 2015 21:21

BTR wrote:For a moment I felt like I was prompted to "download a movie right now", when I had to jump three links :) .

lol... sorry about that

The point was that many have all suggested the same thing regarding kickstarter (even offered to volunteer to do ALL of the work on their behalf)... each time we are politely brushed aside by Eugen, or essentially told in one form or the other that "Eugen knows best".

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Tue 26 May 2015 05:20

jmpveg22 wrote:you mean like this?

;)

was kinda snubbed back then... but maybe now...

Since this is a survey thread, who would rather like to see a warhammer 40k wargame made by eugen? Seeing how they make bloodbowl and a spacehulk game coming out, they must have access to some rights.

Squiggoth op, plz nerf, buff baneblade, anyone?
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

CK530
Sergeant

Postby CK530 » Tue 26 May 2015 15:32

I won't be buying act of aggression. As others have stated, I'm not a member of the target audience. That said I feel slighted by Eugen. I feel like by creating and releasing AoA they are pushing the entire wargame community aside like we are unwanted because we are a pain to deal with sometimes. I don't believe a new wargame will happen and I certainly don't expect to hear any patch news for red dragon ever again. Eugen would rather have a much bigger yet far simpler audience which is easier to deal with than the sharp minded and small community that has developed through the years of wargame.

Remember the Vandoos!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 26 May 2015 15:51

CK530 wrote:I won't be buying act of aggression. As others have stated, I'm not a member of the target audience. That said I feel slighted by Eugen. I feel like by creating and releasing AoA they are pushing the entire wargame community aside like we are unwanted because we are a pain to deal with sometimes. I don't believe a new wargame will happen and I certainly don't expect to hear any patch news for red dragon ever again. Eugen would rather have a much bigger yet far simpler audience which is easier to deal with than the sharp minded and small community that has developed through the years of wargame.

:lol:
That's a way to phrase it, I guess ...

We aren't pushing anyone aside. We just needed a break from Wargame.
And maybe from its "sharp minded" and "sometimes a tad overzealous" community in the process, but that's never been the main reason. ;)

Remember that, before Wargame, Eugen Systems did Act of War, AoW: High treason & RUSE. We have spent more times making traditional RTS than Wargame : the latter being the exception, not the rule.

What about AoW & RUSE fans? They were there first, technically. They've never been cast aside: we've developed Wargame, then came back to traditional RTS. As we might well do for Wargame in the future ...

Everybody needs a break sometime ...

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 26 May 2015 16:02

If all you wanted was a break, im sure plenty of us would have sent you some of these.

:lol:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”