NSWP: Last Call for Balance Changes/Bug Fixes

CornProducts
Colonel

NSWP: Last Call for Balance Changes/Bug Fixes

Postby CornProducts » Fri 17 Jul 2015 01:58

Seeing as how there is a slight chance of some issues being patched up when new maps arrive, I figured I'd compile a few small things could be brought to light and discussed. I decided to start with what I think are the least subjective fixes so that the thread doesn't descend into endless balance bickering too quickly.

I know there are many things spread out amongst the other nations that deserve to be fixed as well, but for clarity and brevity (and because I don't have the time) I decided to limit the scope.

This list is likely not complete. Feel free to add to it, and let me know what you think of these changes.

DDR

Spoiler : :
Leichte Schuetzen - Should be 14 hardened and 10 veteran like all other shock teams. Should also be 5k/h faster like all other shock infantry for a total of 30 k/h (+5 for shock training, +5 for light infantry).

SPW-70 – Lowers availability of Wachregiment, Mot. Schuetzen, and Mot. Scheuzten 90' by one tier. Does not affect any other units, either within DDR or other REDFOR nations. SPW-80 (a better vehicle) does not lower availability. Should be changed to match availability of SPW-60PB and SPW-80. Handled with Map Pack #3 8-)

MT-LB also suffers from this same issue. Handled with Map Pack #3 8-)

Spz BMP-1 SP-1 – Could stand to be 10 points. This would be better in line with it's capabilities and give DDR a 10 point tracked transport. Handled. 8-)

Grenzer and Spezialaufklarer - Lack a 15-25 point transport. All other infantry recon have some option in this range (Mi-4, Sokol etc) Suggest give them Mi-8 and Mi-8TV.

Wachregiment and SPW-152 - Wachregiment's minimum transport cost is 15. Suggest giving them the SPW-152 like other motorized infantry (Leichte Schuetzen).

Su-22M4P is only available at 1 Elite, as opposed to the very similar Polish version which has 1 Elite, 2 trained. From Razzmann's thread.

MiG-23ML is only available for 2 veteran, unlike other planes in the same price range. From Razzmann's thread.

Fasta-4 - Should use Igla, or Igla-1 missiles, as DDR never used Strela-3's. Source: Flieger viewtopic.php?f=155&t=50570&hilit=Fasta&start=30#p770065
Resolved in the Flanders patch, but now only has 3 missiles. :?
Mi-24A and D- Has different fuel and autonomy values than all other Mi-24's. Suggest standardizing to 1200L fuel and 450km autonomy.

Mi-8TV - Should have its cost reduced to 25. Does not have the superior armament, nor the armor of the 30 point Mi-17/Mi-8MTV. Increased rocket loadout should not account for +5 points. Option B: Rename to Mi-8MTV and increase front and side armor to 1. Retain price at 30.

KPz-72M1 has too low availability. Is 9, should be 12. From Razzmann's thread.

Poland

Zwadiocy- Identical stats and role as Spezialaufklarer, with same launcher and intro date, but with 14 AP, opposed to Spezialaufklarer's 17. Suggest increasing Zwadiocy's RPG-7 AP to 17.

W-3W, W-3T Sokol, and all Mi-2 variants with the NS-23 - The 23mm cannon will refuse to fire occasionally. It will sit in a perpetual state of aiming and will only resume firing if a move command is given and is forced to re-aim. Often times the first burst or so will function normally then afterwards the bug will occur.

W-3W Sokol – Is less available than the more expensive Mi-24W. I Suggest making it similar to the Mi-2 URS and Mi-24W, 7 trained, 5 hardened in a POL deck. Half explained, and half handled by a price reduction to 70. I'll let it go.

Promet - Only available to MANPAD teams. It used to be available to more infantry types. Was there a historical precedent for this, like the BTR-T? Suggest returning its availability at least to Piechota Zmech. and possibly even to Spadochroniarze and SPG9-D teams as well, mimicking the Skrezhet availability in USSR. viewtopic.php?f=155&t=53488&start=130#p904163

ZSU-57-2- Either copy the stats of the Chinese variant, or swap the two units. Poland has a tougher time than China engaging helicopters at 2800m range. Where China has a unit at 35 points with that range (PGZ-88) Poland must spend at least 65 to get one.

Mi-8T - Autonomy is 400km, whereas all other REDFOR Mi-8T's are 500km. Same with CSSR Mi-8T.
Handled in the Dutch patch

CSSR

KUB-M4 – Is too available for it's price. Should be 5 trained, 4 hardened, in a CSSR national deck, like other AA systems in it's price range.

OT-64C Lowers availability when used with Motostrelci and Vysadkari 75', but not with any other unit.

Vysadkari 75' and 90' both have less availability compared to their DDR and POL counterparts. They should be increased to 16-12 a card.

Mi-8T - Autonomy is 400km, whereas all other REDFOR Mi-8T's are 500km. Same with POL Mi-8T.
Fixed by Dutch clog makers.

NSWP

All command vehicles should be reassessed in price. Tank CV's are cheaper due to recent patches, which is good, but other vehicles are now grossly overpriced in comparison. For example, a command T-55 tank is 120 points, where a command BMP-2 is 140.
Last edited by CornProducts on Fri 20 May 2016 02:08, edited 28 times in total.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Re: NSWP: Last Call for Balance Changes/Bug Fixes

Postby Mister Maf » Fri 17 Jul 2015 03:40

CornProducts wrote:KUB-M4 – Is too available for it's price. Should be 5 trained, 4 hardened, in a CSSR national deck, like other AA systems in it's price range.

shhhhh

Also the DDR MT-LB has a pretty illogical and non-uniform availability reduction, too.

CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby CandyMan » Fri 17 Jul 2015 03:46

the mt-lb availability hit really steams my buns.
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 17 Jul 2015 04:18

CandyMan wrote:the mt-lb availability hit really steams my buns.

I'm trying to put them on ice. Trust me with your buns.

What exactly is the availability issue? The same as the SPW-70?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 17 Jul 2015 04:20

CornProducts wrote:
CandyMan wrote:the mt-lb availability hit really steams my buns.

I'm trying to put them on ice. Trust me with your buns.

What exactly is the availability issue? The same as the SPW-70?

somehow, you get less avail. if you take the mtlb even though it is nothing special at all...
Of Salt

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 17 Jul 2015 04:24

Alright damnit. Make me start up wargame just to see.

Same issue as SPW-70.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 17 Jul 2015 08:32

I'd add a Su-22 speed increment.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Fri 17 Jul 2015 11:11

CornProducts wrote:Kub-M4

Naw man it's fine (:

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Fri 17 Jul 2015 11:46

CornProducts wrote:W-3W Sokol – Is less available than the more expensive Mi-24W. I Suggest making it similar to the Mi-2 URS and Mi-24W, 7 trained, 5 hardened in a POL deck.

It's AA helo, so no.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 17 Jul 2015 13:06

Buff the Modernas accuracy :(