US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Rangers Reroll and US Special Forces/Recon Infantry Changes

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 07:35

QUAD wrote:Rifles can't get the Minimi because its ANZAC flavor

It's ANZAC flavor for bullshit reasons. It's nothing but an artificial nerf in the guise of "flavor" for the US.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

QUAD
Colonel

Re: US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

Postby QUAD » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:06

I honestly wonder why Eugen was so set on making US infantry garbage in Red Dragon, especially in ALB they had some of the best infantry in the game.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:16

QUAD wrote:I honestly wonder why Eugen was so set on making US infantry garbage in Red Dragon, especially in ALB they had some of the best infantry in the game.

cause ALB USA wasn't this gimmciky super weapons

you have m1a1 only vs T80u
F-18c one per card, no atacms, nighthawk drops 1 bombs only so not an instant remover, i dont remember AGL being so toxic or maybe because flamers were just even worse. No longbow but kiowa warrior, no patriots
Of Salt

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:17

Main issue with the US is that it's units are modeled off a different deck system with out a hard cap, where as RD deck system requires unit flexibility. US comes across stiff and unable to deal with specific threats in RD unless you built your deck with it in mind as a result.

Air tab being the perfect example. 5 slots to fill every role that you need in a deck where the planes are as stiff as a board. Other nations that have been brought up to RD standards can cover 2 or more roles at once optimizing their deck slots better and increasing their capabilities in game.

While the US may be able to get each individual role, it can not do put emphasis on a single role with out sacrificing else where, unlike other nations.

The infantry tab suffers from this too. Recon as well ironically enough, Seals and Rangers which takes off the stress of the infantry tab, but adds to it in the recon tab.

slightly OT but to carry on with the theme, the 9 slot airport is a pain in the ass as well. You can fill it up to perform a single role like CAP and SEAD, once you achieve those objectives you're just bottle necked.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:33

ThePriyad wrote:
codextero wrote:An elite multirole squad would be huge for the US. It's not like you can rely on Rangers anyway, they're 6 per card at best.

They're 7 in US, and 2 cards = 14. I run 2 Rangers cards because they're so useful. NORAD is not worth the -5 activation and loss of availability bonus especially after the IFV changes.

That's a misquote, I didn't say that, probably deleted the wrong quote bracket when picking a quote out of a multiquote.

I just want SEALS and Formoza to go back down to 25 points to match their capabilities.

Xeno426 wrote:It's ANZAC flavor for bullshit reasons. It's nothing but an artificial nerf in the guise of "flavor" for the US.

Xeno you are supposed to be more calm and "professional" than the rest of us :3

Xeno426 wrote:Should talk to tgwEcho about how to play the US. He's been playing them pretty hard for quite some time now and knows a lot of their ins and outs, especially in the 2v2 or 3v3 scene.

Priyad is breddy gud, but it seems like only he can make the US deck work really well.

Found an old game with Razzman and Firestarter both on NORAD, and I wasn't too impressed with either of their play TBH. When the motorized openers met in the middle, one Hachi Nana would have killed everything else for either player. Razzmann bought a bunch of Light Riflemen 90 which I think didn't kill anything except a pair of V-150 transports.

Wolf In Arms
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Wolf In Arms » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:49

Xeno426 wrote:
QUAD wrote:Rifles can't get the Minimi because its ANZAC flavor

Spoiler : :

It's ANZAC flavor for bullshit reasons. It's nothing but an artificial nerf in the guise of "flavor" for the US.

You are my favorite plane-person ever.

Honestly, if Riflemen '90 getting the Minimi is infringing on ANZAC flavor, then that just means Diggers may need more flavor.

ThePriyad
Corporal

Postby ThePriyad » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:01

Xeno426 wrote:
ThePriyad wrote:
codextero wrote:It's a rule breaking buff that doesn't even have that much of an actual effect. I'd much rather take a bushmaster buff over 3 FAV M113.

US used to have a 3 F.AV vehicle with the LVTP-7A1 but now its a 2 F.AV. M113A3 was increased from 2 F.AV to 3 F.AV and I am very happy for extra armor on my line-infantry transport. If it gets reduced to 2 F.AV it won't be terrible, but its nice to have it survive an RPG from enemy line-infantry in forest fights with 16 or less AP.

As for the bushmaster, its fine - use M2A1 or M2A2 Bradleys and turn off Bushmaster against IFVs.

And against infantry? The Bushmaster sucks so much it's not really useful against them. That's the problem the Bushmaster has.

ThePriyad wrote:STOP PLAYING US LIKE OTHER NATIONS.

Should talk to tgwEcho about how to play the US. He's been playing them pretty hard for quite some time now and knows a lot of their ins and outs, especially in the 2v2 or 3v3 scene.

Sure I'll talk to him, but I don't know much about the real hardware, just how it plays out in this game. I am probably the only person who has a great deal of success when it comes to using US exclusively in ranked.

2203 = Rank #2 - 10.31.2015.PNG
2203 = Rank #2 - 10.31.2015.PNG (691.88 KiB) Viewed 796 times

The patch and DLC changes haven't made me stop using US against the meta; I merely change my infantry lineup including transports.
Making #US Great, One Ranked Match At A Time.

ThePriyad
Corporal

Postby ThePriyad » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:10

ThePriyad wrote:The patch and DLC changes haven't made me stop using US against the meta; I merely change my infantry lineup including transports.

Here is the deck I used.
US 1v1 Ranked.PNG
US 1v1 Ranked.PNG (780.64 KiB) Viewed 794 times

Spoiler : :
My standing was short lived... as I didn't have much practice on the new map pool (no second account to shelter my beautiful rank).

ThePriyad
Corporal

Postby ThePriyad » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:16

Wolf In Arms wrote:
QUAD wrote:almost nonexistant shock and poor direct action SF should be USA weakness that is compensated for by the best mechanized line and extremely solid recon cards.

I would somewhat agree: US strength ought to be in combined arms. Infantry should be hampered by a lack of Army shock, meaning that US infantry would need to rely on good line infantry (spearheaded by special forces) supported by armor and IFVs.

+1.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:22

ThePriyad wrote:
The patch and DLC changes haven't made me stop using US against the meta; I merely change my infantry lineup including transports.

It's really neat that you can make the deck work, and I'm not even being a little sarcastic there.

But still, it's so much worse than it should be.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”