US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

Fade2Gray
General

Re: US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 31 Dec 2016 01:52

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
wargamer1985 wrote:I don't know, I will withhold my judgement until I can try it, but with a decent ADN net, and a Tomcat or two the new AH-1W can be a very effective tool, carving out Tunguskas and high value AA points, destroying medium armor, and capable of baiting an anti-helo chopper into an ADN net thanks to its superior speed.
How do you plan on "carving out" Tunguskas if their missiles are immune to ARH? There's really no point to SEAD missiles on helicopters when you can't actually hit AA.

I'm pretty sure it is just the wild imaginations of those who really wish to MAGA in WGRD.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 31 Dec 2016 02:07

shomu1 wrote:The Sidewinders mount to the same hardpoint. The model in game is jacked up. It shouldn't even be able to carry TOWs with Sidewinders loaded.

Interesting
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Sat 31 Dec 2016 02:08

Well it would be good against Israel, since the macbet sees much more use than chaparral A1. Also scandinavia due to prevalence of Otomatic.

The proliferation of 3325 non rad AA does cut down on the ability of helicopters to operate. But I still see some definite oppurtunities for Super Cobra, espically since it's helo tab, unlike Ka-52.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sat 31 Dec 2016 02:11

shomu1 wrote:The Sidewinders mount to the same hardpoint. The model in game is jacked up. It shouldn't even be able to carry TOWs with Sidewinders loaded.

The Sidearm is based on the AIM-9C, right?

codextero wrote:The proliferation of 3325 non rad AA does cut down on the ability of helicopters to operate. But I still see some definite oppurtunities for Super Cobra, espically since it's helo tab, unlike Ka-52.

I don't think choppers were ever as useful as they were in ALB because AA is stronger.
Courtesy of KattiValk

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 31 Dec 2016 02:35

I've gone ahead and used the Sidearm a little, trying to find a good opportunity to actually make the thing useful. Mostly, I just found players who used the usual non-Rad affair, but I did do a game with what I assume to be a bunch of terrible randoms (the enemy might have been a team). They were kind enough to provide an immobile Tunguska for me to poke a Supercobra at. Unfortunately, the Supercobra missed spectacularly and did nothing productive except spin around and die. I'm not sure what the "optics" on the Supercobra are, but it doesn't really seem that great.

The only really practical uses it can serve is spacer across fields for Longbows and helo rushing as far as I can tell. Actually targeting AA with the intent of killing it can pretty much be done with one of the many actually somewhat useful SEAD planes at the US's disposal.

codextero wrote:Well it would be good against Israel, since the macbet sees much more use than chaparral A1. Also scandinavia due to prevalence of Otomatic.

The proliferation of 3325 non rad AA does cut down on the ability of helicopters to operate. But I still see some definite oppurtunities for Super Cobra, espically since it's helo tab, unlike Ka-52.
The real reason the Drakon was less popular was it having 5 HP vs the Machbet's 10. Chap A1 and A3 are both really nice now.

Having a long range non-Rad option is considered downright mandatory for most coalitions. Crotale/HQ-7, Tunguska, Pracka/Strela, Stormer/ADATS, Chap/Drakon, etc all make the Sidearm pretty much useless.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 31 Dec 2016 03:17

The way I see this helicopter is by making a trinity of Lolbow/DAP/Whiskey Cobra.

Big investment, but amazing opener.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sat 31 Dec 2016 03:29

Out of curiosity, what would be a realistic loadout for the Super Cobra?
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sat 31 Dec 2016 03:32

XanderTuron wrote:

Out of curiosity, what would be a realistic loadout for the Super Cobra?

Replacing the AGM-122 with x38 Hydras, but that is no fun!
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 31 Dec 2016 04:37

HrcAk47 wrote:The way I see this helicopter is by making a trinity of Lolbow/DAP/Whiskey Cobra.

Big investment, but amazing opener.

The problem of sead helo is that it can seen coming and tricked

That opening would be stopped by something like crotale or lstr

And most ppl buy ir aa instead except long range Theres a reason why ka52 is not meta or useful with its sead
Of Salt

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 31 Dec 2016 05:25

wargamer1985 wrote:Replacing the AGM-122 with x38 Hydras, but that is no fun!

Push down the cost
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”