US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

FUBAR1939
Warrant Officer

Re: US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

Postby FUBAR1939 » Fri 30 Sep 2016 19:59

captaincarnage wrote:As the F117 is getting another nerf due to lgb's how about reducing its re-arm time which is currently worse than the Deagle.

They could put 2 in 1 card.

Since Yougoslavia will have the best AA in-game.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:01

FUBAR1939 wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:As the F117 is getting another nerf due to lgb's how about reducing its re-arm time which is currently worse than the Deagle.

They could put 2 in 1 card.

Since Yougoslavia will have the best AA in-game.

TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing the F-111E renamed "F-111F" and given some GBUs while the F-111F got renamed F-111E.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:05

Razzmann wrote:Image

Wait what the I can't even

How does a rusty baseline M60A1 with some ERA slapped on get gun stats that the most advanced Redfor tanks would kill to get? It doesn't even have a FCS or a LRF even...

It's crewed by cyborgs or what?

Edit: Could these be the Magach 7 stats?
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Postby Illusive » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:08

That's because the D-Eagle and Nighthawk have completely different roles. The F-117 is not a strike bomber and should not be used as such, it's an HVT sniper. So tired of people complaining about "muh strategic stealth bomber can't survive in a CAS environment" when it was never intended for that in reality or in game. Even with the PGM nerf it will still be best in class for flying around the side of the map undetected and killing enemy artillery, clumped up SAMs (for whatever reason a lot of people think it's a good idea to bring Buks or Patriots in stacks :roll:, and CVs and escaping thanks to the fact that it's not in an AA heavy environment. The only buff I could see being viable is a weapon noise reduction so that it's not spotted unless there is a powerful AA piece present.
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

tgwEcho
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby tgwEcho » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:23

Illusive wrote:

That's because the D-Eagle and Nighthawk have completely different roles. The F-117 is not a strike bomber and should not be used as such, it's an HVT sniper. So tired of people complaining about "muh strategic stealth bomber can't survive in a CAS environment" when it was never intended for that in reality or in game. Even with the PGM nerf it will still be best in class for flying around the side of the map undetected and killing enemy artillery, clumped up SAMs (for whatever reason a lot of people think it's a good idea to bring Buks or Patriots in stacks :roll:, and CVs and escaping thanks to the fact that it's not in an AA heavy environment. The only buff I could see being viable is a weapon noise reduction so that it's not spotted unless there is a powerful AA piece present.

While still reserving judgement until actually testing the changes, I still feel the dispersion nerf to LGBs is probably an awful idea. I would rather they be removed from the game than modified to the point of losing their identity. PGMs are indeed special snowflakes and they should stay that way; either fix the issue by actually addressing LOS or balance with cost/availability.

Having said that, I completely agree that the F-117 has a role that is inappropriate for Wargame. As Xeno mentioned in his previous post, I would far prefer the F-117's payload be given to one of the F-111s - or a more advanced multirole - and the Nighthawk removed from the game.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:29

Sounds like M60 with no engine upgrades will be nerfed to 50kph...Or the M60A1 ERA already had this speed?

Illusive
Master Sergeant

Postby Illusive » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:32

tgwEcho wrote:While still reserving judgement until actually testing the changes, I still feel the dispersion nerf to LGBs is probably an awful idea. I would rather they be removed from the game than modified to the point of losing their identity. PGMs are indeed special snowflakes and they should stay that way; either fix the issue by actually addressing LOS or balance with cost/availability.

Having said that, I completely agree that the F-117 has a role that is inappropriate for Wargame. As Xeno mentioned in his previous post, I would far prefer the F-117's payload be given to one of the F-111s - or a more advanced multirole - and the Nighthawk removed from the game.

I'm curious as to whether or not LGBs could use the same mechanics as SEAD (without the spotting obviously) and be F&F but only go to the lost know location if the target is no longer spotted... :?:
Typical Forum Expert wrote:Just because I only play destruction doesn't mean my opinion is worthless!
Typical Forum Expert wrote:10v10 is the purest gamemode, 1v1s are clown games that fail to prove someone's true skill level.

DeckCheney
Colonel

Postby DeckCheney » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:35

FUBAR1939 wrote:Since Yougoslavia will have the best AA in-game.

What is this? I don't even...

EB has the best AA in game hands down.
The USA is #1 exporter of freedom!
All other countries have inferior freedom!

tgwEcho
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby tgwEcho » Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:50

Illusive wrote:
tgwEcho wrote:While still reserving judgement until actually testing the changes, I still feel the dispersion nerf to LGBs is probably an awful idea. I would rather they be removed from the game than modified to the point of losing their identity. PGMs are indeed special snowflakes and they should stay that way; either fix the issue by actually addressing LOS or balance with cost/availability.

I'm curious as to whether or not LGBs could use the same mechanics as SEAD (without the spotting obviously) and be F&F but only go to the lost know location if the target is no longer spotted... :?:

That sounds great.

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Fri 30 Sep 2016 21:11

HrcAk47 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Image

Wait what the I can't even

How does a rusty baseline M60A1 with some ERA slapped on get gun stats that the most advanced Redfor tanks would kill to get? It doesn't even have a FCS or a LRF even...

It's crewed by cyborgs or what?

Edit: Could these be the Magach 7 stats?

US Marines Mk1 eyeballs > US Army thermal optic and solid state ballistic computer with weather mast.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”