US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

KattiValk
General

Re: US Change List

Postby KattiValk » Wed 23 Sep 2015 06:45

Narcissistic Black wrote:people should make a list like this for every country..
Kind of what I plan to do if this gets off the ground. :D

wargamer1985 wrote:Those are my thought, and even though many things won't happen its just a brain-storming list
-Totally reasonable Stinger changes.
-I also like the idea of the M60 and PKM becoming good, accurate MGs, which is what I'd expect them to be buffed to.
-M249 Riflemen would be preferable but unlikely considering Eugen's...attitude on the the matter.
-Would prefer HE TBH. Cluster is less versatile than HE, though valid considering REDFOR's autoloader proliferation. The old half-half suggestion would be interesting.
-Excellent stat suggestion, and I just realized I completely forgot the M1IP. :lol:
-Longbow actually wastes a lot of missiles which coupled by its punishing supply cost, makes it very niche. I would rather it had a faster ROF than currently but only fired one missile at a time. Perhaps make it so it fired everything off at the same speed, but just with the second missile in the interval the current Longbow will take "rearming" the next volley? The current state is rather cheesable and is rather hard to use properly considering how slow helicopters change altitude.
-TOW 2A would still be a nice touch though.
-I'd rather the Humvee stayed base TOW 2 as I sort of have grown fond of Cat B. :D
-The F-15D(E) getting AMRAAMs and 50% is not my suggestion, but it would be the most "realistic" (considering F-15C ECM) option. It is not however, the most iconic or useful and I would also really prefer 2 per card with AIM-9s.
-A-10 is not half bad in Cat games. I would rather we just added a second one, but if that's not possible, I;d gladly sacrifice it for a Cat A one.
-No other arguments over planes.

Will add these proposals later.

DeckCheney wrote:Before getting into the issues of USA's infantry and planes TABs- I'd like to press the meager suggestion that low end cobras recieve a price buff- specificially the Sea Cobra for 70pts- brought to 65pts, the 60pts Cobra buffed to 45pts, and the 40pt cobra with miniguns buffed to 30pts.

An accuracy/stabiliser buff for post 80s Cobra's Vulcan's would also be welcome.
That doesn't seem all that unreasonable. Though a 30 point Cobra sounds a bit extreme.

Definitely would be nice, yes.

Solo wrote:In entrust you with advocating for US changes.
I feel so honored. :shock:

Bullfrog wrote:I was going to pick apart your thread like I'm some dedicated forum poster, but halfway threw I realized the work load isn't worth it.

So even though there are things that I disagree with or just wrong (as far as I'm aware)... I'm going to give you a big ol general +1
Arguments are kind of the point of the thread though. :lol:

This isn't a "please include my changes!!!1!one!" thread, but a compilation. The only original ones I have are specified.

5P00N3D wrote:This is a joke
K

raventhefuhrer wrote:I should do threads like this for some of the nations I like, but I feel like I'd just be wasting my time :?
(see above)

I know, but it's always good to have a little bit of hope. :(

Mike wrote:The F-15D not having 50% ECM is more a bug to me. It's like if you made the rifle on Marines less accurate than the rifle that Riflemen are using.
It really doesn't have a reason not to have 50% ECM or at least 2 cards if the Su-27M is in the game.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 23 Sep 2015 06:48

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
Mike wrote:The F-15D not having 50% ECM is more a bug to me. It's like if you made the rifle on Marines less accurate than the rifle that Riflemen are using.

It really doesn't have a reason not to have 50% ECM or at least 2 cards if the Su-27M is in the game.

50% ECM makes sense just for constancy.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 23 Sep 2015 07:15

FINE.

If I don't mention it, it just means I feel meh or that I agree but not enough to comment on it :lol:

Buff M60 (and its variants).
Fix Sea Knight availability.
Give Deltas '75 the CG on their backs.

Yes.
Seriously.
Sure, though I'd rather see Delta flat out rolled into Snipers with the Mp5 and PSG-1 (maybe even rename them to Team Rainbow) being replaced by Seals

Give Riflemen '90 the M249.
Give Marines '90 the SMAW.
Give Delta the Stoner 63.
Add Rangers '90 (M16/4, CG M3, M249) (Elite?).
Add Deltas '90 (M16/4, AT4, M249).

Honestly, I'd rather see them get the M60E3
specially if Delta is losing their M60E3.
Yes (more so if there will be other M249 units)
Not if Ranger 90 are Elite

Chap and HAWK platform gets buffed to 10HP.
Remove Patriot.
Remove ATACMS.
Add HE MLRS.

Sure
Yes
Yes
Last time I checked US didn't operate HE MLRS, only cluster

Nerf Longbow back to 1 shot per volley.

No.

Sniper team.
Shock Marine recon.
Swap Delta and SEAL roles.
Reroll M134 and Mk 19 Humvees as transports.
Add M2 SLAP Humvee recon/transport.

(See above)
Yes please
(see above)
Yes
and Yes

Bradley's get correct TOW missiles (TOW 2A added).
Bushmaster is buffed.
Humvees buffed to 10HP, 1 front AV, and 110 speed.
LAV-25 becomes transport (at least for SMAW).

Bradley TOW missiles are correct, the issue is that they're not up to date. M2a1 would be using the TOW-2, even though it could use the I-Tows
Yes please
Yes please
not for SMAWs only

Buff landing speeds for large helicopters.
Increase chin gun ranges (universal change).

Yes please
Yes, but the issue is LoS, not range IMO.

F-14 into air tab.
F-16C ECM buff.
Turn rate buffs all around.
Fixing the fuel "bug".

Yes
F-16A too
At least to the standard
Yes.

Reroll F-16C into MLU copy.
Add F-16CJ as SK Block 50/2 copy.
Give F-15D 50% ECM and AMRAAMs.
Add A-10 LAST.
Reroll Super Hornet as top tier Marine ASF.
Make all AIM-9s 5HE.

Yes
Should replace Raven
Also rename it back to the F-15E please. Thanks
Yes
Please
Yes
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 23 Sep 2015 07:36

Mike wrote:50% ECM makes sense just for constancy.
But would it then lose its chances of being 2 per card? Or could it still be you think?

Bullfrog wrote:-snip-
Your input is greatly appreciated. :D

Remember, this is not a list of exactly what we want changed, but changes we could get/like.

Sure, though I'd rather see Delta flat out rolled into Snipers with the Mp5 and PSG-1 (maybe even rename them to Team Rainbow) being replaced by Seals
Sure, will add suggestion later.

Honestly, I'd rather see them get the M60E3
specially if Delta is losing their M60E3.
Yes (more so if there will be other M249 units)
Not if Ranger 90 are Elite
Perhaps. :lol:

Rangers '90 is probably not going to happen TBH.

Last time I checked US didn't operate HE MLRS, only cluster
Oh? Cluster it is then.

No.
Well okay. :lol:

Bradley TOW missiles are correct, the issue is that they're not up to date. M2a1 would be using the TOW-2, even though it could use the I-Tows
I am already aware, though I do indeed need to fix that wording.

Yes, but the issue is LoS, not range IMO.
Not really something we can fix though.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Wed 23 Sep 2015 07:44

Take away Patriot and ATACMS? Someone bring this man a beer!
Yet, I'd suggest reducing it on the ATACMS. Both would be a bit harsh.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Delta2Actual
Private First-Class

Postby Delta2Actual » Wed 23 Sep 2015 07:48

I wish for a supply Huey like a flying M35 just 500 or 750 supply and decent availability to supplement the slow to land and low availability Chinooks

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Wed 23 Sep 2015 09:20

i don't know why i'm here........

oh yeah, humvee mk19 or lvpt7a1 in armoured. and a 2 per card bomber with more he than 10 or napalm. like if that a6 had 4 15 he bombs.
Last edited by smyljr on Wed 23 Sep 2015 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 23 Sep 2015 09:23

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:So, what with the map DLC coming soon, there is also a slim chance for a balance patch

"Slim" is the key word here.
We've promised maps, and we will deliver them.
Balance changes are not to be expected, and if we can include some we will, but nothing like "Let's rehaul the US Army" ...

I'd rather crush dreams right now than have people expecting something we can't deliver at the moment.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Wed 23 Sep 2015 09:24

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
I'd rather crush dreams right now than have people expecting something we can't deliver at the moment.

crush away, kind sir.
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”