US Changes: The Compiled and Proposed

molnibalage
General

Re: US Change List

Postby molnibalage » Wed 23 Sep 2015 18:15

Testing of the Stinger C and the Mistral in the late '80s show that the Stinger C does in fact have the same (or very similar) maximum range as the Mistral, although the Mistral could effectively reach higher ranges easier.

And how can you get this? What strange missile thrust, burn time and drag would result this? Sorry, I can't believe this. Hungary had Igla and has Mistral sincs 1995. The eng. zone of Misral is significantly greater what Igla has which is twin sister or Stinger concerning on kinematics.

Except the M60 line both authentically and for gameplay deserve higher stats, specifically AP and accuracy

Authentically...? Why...? Gameplay wise...? Compare the M60A3 with T-64. Both cost 50CP...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =523369225

Of course the Super Patton would deserve a buff (18 AP for M900?)

Can I ask why? MI1P has the same gun and IOC is later. M60 ERA also is a later model. So should not they get also 18 AP in this case...?

I would suggest more ammo (+ 8) and maybe a cheaper price

The problem is they do not have morale for hit and 5 man sq. looses very fast morale and dies easily especially if they are regular inf.

3 Cards since the BMP-3 (which is arguably superior) has 3 cards, furthermore the M2A2 deserves 13 availability, and the M2A1 deserves 18 availability

Except when to tire tank comes. With 21 AP BMP-3 has literally no firepower while TOW2 even against T-72BU is a big hammer not mentioning anything up to 20AV. Tanks even with 17 AV are too hard for BMP-3. Avail can be the same.

It should have a lower price but also its ROF is unnecessarily Nerfed, it could use a small ROF buff

AS-90, K9 both have 4 RoF and only best guns have higer RoF. Considering RL RoF 4 is totally fine and good absraction.

How would we change the Patriot into a M270? Move the Patriot to Japan, they need it more and with it gone we can focus on greater US issues

You simly use the existing unit slot to model anoter unit. Adding new unit is maybe a problem but unis and reallocate only existing stuff is not a problem I guess. Patriot to Japan? Why? Would not be OOTF? BTW most of players simply wist to see gone the Pat. no matter where you see it.

The F-18 had an inferior sustained turn rate at super-sonic speeds, at sub-sonic speeds the F-18 has far superior AoA and has a good sustained turn rate, 300 for the F-18 is completely justified

Only problem turn rate should not represent such very limited thingsa as high AoA and insta turnrate. BTW high AoA is useful only at very slow speed... The turn rate should represent both turning capability and as well as the general flight performance. And considering all factors F/A-18 is inferior comparing to Eagle and Viper. Period.

Nope, the F-111F was notorious for carrying LGBs, restricting the F-111F to clusters is a crime

?????
I wrote the same. F-111F was THE LGB bomber of Cold War. I was against make it cat B or A just for higher ECM. Keep in mind still era games.

I think he means AIM-120s + 50% ECM OR 2 per card

I could live with it but most player would scream because "USA bias"... Considering how over modeled AIR tab of USSR and how under USA my vote is yes with my hearth but in case I listen to my mind, the answer is no even F-16C wold be similar multirole to MiG-29M. Of course USA would lost Patriot 2/card F-15E with AIM-120 is mandatory.

Redlegarmybrat
Master Sergeant

Postby Redlegarmybrat » Wed 23 Sep 2015 20:12

Give Deltas CGM2 and call it good. M60 tank and Rifleman buffs are reasonable too.
And please give M1 15AP and M1IP 2275m range

DeckCheney
Colonel

Postby DeckCheney » Wed 23 Sep 2015 20:50

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:That doesn't seem all that unreasonable. Though a 30 point Cobra sounds a bit extreme.

I'm referring to the Minigun Cobra woth the Rocket loadout. Seems overpriced to me when comparing to Redfor/UK Rocket Helo Transports. Specially considering that the Dual Minigun turret is nowhere near as effective as the Yak-B due to lack of AOE. 30pt seems right.
The USA is #1 exporter of freedom!
All other countries have inferior freedom!

DeckCheney
Colonel

Postby DeckCheney » Wed 23 Sep 2015 20:53

molnibalage wrote:[
You simly use the existing unit slot to model anoter unit. Adding new unit is maybe a problem but unis and reallocate only existing stuff is not a problem I guess. Patriot to Japan? Why? Would not be OOTF? BTW most of players simply wist to see gone the Pat. no matter where you see it.

If you just gave the Patriot normal stats like the BUK-M1, nobody would complain about it.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 23 Sep 2015 21:33

DeckCheney wrote:
molnibalage wrote:[

If you just gave the Patriot normal stats like the BUK-M1, nobody would complain about it.

And what would be point? Following your idea give M1IP stats to T-72BU just because too OP to anybodys eyes... Patriot is far more capable system in RL than Buk...

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:12

I could see the Strike Eagle becoming 50% ECM, two per card at 165-70 points. That or one per card 180 points, 50% ECM and AMRAAMs at Hardened.

By the way, I think we should look at the Bushmaster. The comparison I posted didn't get much attention.
    AUTOCANNONS.
    75 RPM FOR THE 2A42.
    50 FOR THE 2A72.
    100 FOR THE RH202.
    60 FOR THE NS-23 (CZECH)
    75 FOR THE VK-30 (CZECH)
    AND....
    27.3 FOR THE BUSHMASTER...
The real ROF is incredibly low compared to everything else.

DeckCheney wrote:I'm referring to the Minigun Cobra woth the Rocket loadout. Seems overpriced to me when comparing to Redfor/UK Rocket Helo Transports. Specially considering that the Dual Minigun turret is nowhere near as effective as the Yak-B due to lack of AOE. 30pt seems right.
Transports all come at discount prices.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:24

the AH-1J, it should either be renamed to the AH-1G or ideally giving the correct Ah-1J model (Skorea version)
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:51

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:By the way, I think we should look at the Bushmaster. The comparison I posted didn't get much attention.
    AUTOCANNONS.
    75 RPM FOR THE 2A42.
    50 FOR THE 2A72.
    100 FOR THE RH202.
    60 FOR THE NS-23 (CZECH)
    75 FOR THE VK-30 (CZECH)
    AND....
    27.3 FOR THE BUSHMASTER...
The real ROF is incredibly low compared to everything else.

It's also more accurate so the disparity isn't as much as it seems here. And the RARDEN isn't on that list either which I assume also has a low rate of fire.
Courtesy of KattiValk

DeckCheney
Colonel

Postby DeckCheney » Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:58

molnibalage wrote:And what would be point? Following your idea give M1IP stats to T-72BU just because too OP to anybodys eyes... Patriot is far more capable system in RL than Buk...

Because the Patriot's range is outside the balance threshold. You don't need to argue that the Patriot is a COMPLETELY different class of SAM than the BUK- but both are in game- and both should be balanced according to the game's limits.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Thu 24 Sep 2015 01:33

Mike wrote:It's also more accurate so the disparity isn't as much as it seems here. And the RARDEN isn't on that list either which I assume also has a low rate of fire.
It has what is practically a half of the lowest popular auto cannon. The Bushy may be more accurate, but at the ranges that count, the other IFVs are going to have higher DPS against infantry and other vehicles.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”