MG discussion

minfaer
Corporal

Re: MG discussion

Postby minfaer » Thu 5 Nov 2015 20:39

DeckCheney wrote:
If 5.56 start dislocating joints for you (on the firing end that is) please seek medical attention for am immediate MRI to determine if you aren't a jellyfish.

I doubt that's what he meant...Wargamer 1985 mentioned the physics of elastic collision.
And please, it's Beowulf. BeOwUlf, not the other way round. Do you want a horde of wild Saxons burning down your home?

You do realize that with their high weight, if there is no more propellant than the 5.56, the bullets have a low velocity, resulting in not that overwhelming ballistics? They have decreased effective range and piercing. Their blunt power is fitted for hunting game, not war.

Do you work for the guy with the patent, or why are you trying to sell us those things as the uber weaponry?
In Soviet Russia, everything has a Vympel!

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Thu 5 Nov 2015 21:05

Clearly caseless ammunition is the future! Who cares about heat sinks or propellant storage? Those are obviously not issues with firearms! The .50 cal just makes it that much cooler! Imagine every riflemen holding a Barret AMR in an AR-15 package with absolutely no lost kinetic power due to using a shorter round whatsoever!!!1!!!!

Charbel
Corporal

Postby Charbel » Thu 5 Nov 2015 23:39

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Clearly caseless ammunition is the future! Who cares about heat sinks or propellant storage? Those are obviously not issues with firearms! The .50 cal just makes it that much cooler! Imagine every riflemen holding a Barret AMR in an AR-15 package with absolutely no lost kinetic power due to using a shorter round whatsoever!!!1!!!!

:lol: :lol:

imagine desert or rainforest (tropical humid hot jungles) battles?.

minfaer
Corporal

Postby minfaer » Fri 6 Nov 2015 01:34

Charbel wrote:
kiheerSEDMAN wrote:Clearly caseless ammunition is the future! Who cares about heat sinks or propellant storage? Those are obviously not issues with firearms! The .50 cal just makes it that much cooler! Imagine every riflemen holding a Barret AMR in an AR-15 package with absolutely no lost kinetic power due to using a shorter round whatsoever!!!1!!!!

:lol: :lol:

imagine desert or rainforest (tropical humid hot jungles) battles?.

This could be a thing, though..
Might look like this:
https://youtu.be/5RCozceA-Po?t=5
In Soviet Russia, everything has a Vympel!

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 6 Nov 2015 01:50

DeckCheney wrote:The Beuwolf has a comparable amount of propellant to the 5.56- thereby it has similar chamber pressure- I.E. similar recoil.

If 5.56 start dislocating joints for you (on the firing end that is) please seek medical attention for am immediate MRI to determine if you aren't a jellyfish.

size difference... big recoil

also, it is terrible for warfare cause it wont be able to go through body armor or even a soft skin vehicle
Of Salt

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Fri 6 Nov 2015 04:39

You want M-16 to have carbine range?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 6 Nov 2015 07:40

Yakhont wrote:You want M-16 to have carbine range?

An M16 carbine? Gosh that feels so familiar... Like an M4 or something?
Courtesy of KattiValk

DeckCheney
Colonel

Postby DeckCheney » Fri 6 Nov 2015 07:55

minfaer wrote:You do realize that with their high weight, if there is no more propellant than the 5.56, the bullets have a low velocity, resulting in not that overwhelming ballistics? They have decreased effective range and piercing. Their blunt power is fitted for hunting game, not war.

Low velocity is irrelevant because of 2 factors:

-Most firefights happen within 200, where ballistics aren't a concern. If you want to shove lead down somebody's throat at +400m - you get the guy with the beltfed 7.62 or a DMR.

-It's a fucking .50 Pistol round, It has better armor penetration than the 7.62 up until 300m, and better penetration than the 5.56 until ~500. Same principle applies to the awesome subsonic Russian Guns- I.E. AHS-VAL.

Do some goddamn math and learn how knetic energy functions.
The USA is #1 exporter of freedom!
All other countries have inferior freedom!

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 6 Nov 2015 08:36

DeckCheney wrote:
minfaer wrote:You do realize that with their high weight, if there is no more propellant than the 5.56, the bullets have a low velocity, resulting in not that overwhelming ballistics? They have decreased effective range and piercing. Their blunt power is fitted for hunting game, not war.

Do some goddamn math and learn how knetic energy functions.

I may not be a smart man, but I do know that E=M*V^2

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Fri 6 Nov 2015 08:56

Like, I love guns and I love ammo, I love everything about the subject

And I don't even want anything to do with this conversation... how the fuck did ya'll manage that.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”