To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby urogard » Fri 6 Nov 2015 10:51

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
Yakhont wrote:You'd think they have a better system for a game with hundreds of units
When has game development ever been clean or easy?

clean? never
easy? whenever you put a lazy coder to a tedious task

Actually the fact that outliers like the Leo1A5 exist proves that prices don't come from an excel sheet that calculates the price for you after you input all stats.

Charbel
Corporal
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri 3 Oct 2014 03:55
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby Charbel » Fri 6 Nov 2015 19:14

urogard wrote:Actually the fact that outliers like the Leo1A5 exist proves that prices don't come from an excel sheet that calculates the price for you after you input all stats.


I don t think anyone here believes this.
And don t believe it is easy too. Probably less difficult than a new map.
The more trouble would be the balance itself, more than to scale numbers up (2x,10x)
The game have more than 1000 units?

Anyway, Im not teling them what to do. Im just making a sugestion, they could take it or not, they can agree with me or disagree.
Just having them (and you) to read this, satisfies me.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12407
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby Mike » Sat 7 Nov 2015 23:22

Charbel wrote:The game have more than 1000 units?


If memory doesn't fail me, it's about 1,571 units in game. Not all of them are unique with their own stats, but that's the armoy count.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
KattiValk
General
Posts: 6319
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2013 03:39
Location: Houston, Texas (CST)
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby KattiValk » Sun 8 Nov 2015 07:54

Try 1618.

User avatar
MILINTarctrooper
Major
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 04:19

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby MILINTarctrooper » Mon 9 Nov 2015 03:40

The other problem is the fact that certain units also share way too much commonality.

Ergo. Look at DDR. Mech line up
T-55a/T-72/T-34/85 all share a 1925m range. T-72M/T-55AM1PB and T-55AM2PB all have 2100m...then suddenly we have a jump to 2275m with the T-72M1.

To be honest...shouldn't there be a little more variety in ranges? and accuracy? How should I say it more nuanced and subtle?

The range issue in game is more aggravating. 1500m to 1575m then a jump to 1925m then 2100m then 2275m

Next Wargame Title needs a bit more detail to the details.
Image
52.2% 1v1 Ranked 32.2% Multi since Open Beta.

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby CornProducts » Mon 9 Nov 2015 10:35

Do you want range increments smaller than 175m? And 2100 to 2275 isn't sudden, its the same distance as 1925 to 2100.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12407
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby Mike » Tue 10 Nov 2015 02:27

CornProducts wrote:Do you want range increments smaller than 175m? And 2100 to 2275 isn't sudden, its the same distance as 1925 to 2100.


Yeah, most ranges are based on 175m increments, except for some infantry weapons and A2A missiles.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
MILINTarctrooper
Major
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 04:19

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby MILINTarctrooper » Tue 10 Nov 2015 02:59

Mike wrote:
CornProducts wrote:Do you want range increments smaller than 175m? And 2100 to 2275 isn't sudden, its the same distance as 1925 to 2100.


Yeah, most ranges are based on 175m increments, except for some infantry weapons and A2A missiles.

Not exactly.
1925m...to 2100...to2275m
75m to 175m increments?

AT rockets
525m to 700m to 900m
175m to 200m.

AA guns. 1525m. 2425m 2625m 2800m
900m to 200m to 175m

Then you have the bizarre 1400 to 1325m range bracket which is utterly bizarre in game.

There is no standardized system of 175m ranges...its alot more crazy than though to be.
Image
52.2% 1v1 Ranked 32.2% Multi since Open Beta.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12407
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby Mike » Tue 10 Nov 2015 03:41

MILINTarctrooper wrote:
Mike wrote:
CornProducts wrote:Do you want range increments smaller than 175m? And 2100 to 2275 isn't sudden, its the same distance as 1925 to 2100.


Yeah, most ranges are based on 175m increments, except for some infantry weapons and A2A missiles.

Not exactly.
1925m...to 2100...to2275m
75m to 175m increments?

AT rockets
525m to 700m to 900m
175m to 200m.

AA guns. 1525m. 2425m 2625m 2800m
900m to 200m to 175m

Then you have the bizarre 1400 to 1325m range bracket which is utterly bizarre in game.

There is no standardized system of 175m ranges...its alot more crazy than though to be.


You need to look at the armory and brush up on your math man.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
CornProducts
Colonel
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon 7 Apr 2014 06:48
Contact:

Re: To: wargamers and marshals. Red Dragon Balance.

Postby CornProducts » Tue 10 Nov 2015 05:03

Yeah, everything is in 175m increments. When was the last time you played?

I can't think of anything that has 1325 or 900 range. :?
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 41 guests