What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Re: What about making T-55AM merida a Good optics recon tank?

Postby damoj » Mon 18 Dec 2017 07:38

XanderTuron wrote:Wow, two years; is this a record?

I'm really quite bored at the moment.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 18 Dec 2017 12:29

damoj wrote:ii - no comprehensive, real-time thermal-sight information targeting system within time-frame
iii - unlikely that it's reasonable for an independent, non-command tank to be able to immediately share that info with others via radio-links.

As opposed to all other tanks in the period, which were fitted with magical Blue Force Tracker III that allows them to see though the eyes of other units?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 18 Dec 2017 13:03

FrangibleCover wrote:
damoj wrote:ii - no comprehensive, real-time thermal-sight information targeting system within time-frame
iii - unlikely that it's reasonable for an independent, non-command tank to be able to immediately share that info with others via radio-links.

As opposed to all other tanks in the period, which were fitted with magical Blue Force Tracker III that allows them to see though the eyes of other units?

Let me phrase it really clearly: that "additional" information that a thermal sight can see should be coded so as to not be shared beyond its unit. The rest of the info - what can be seen by a lesser optical grade - absolutely remains. This should only apply to tanks, not to proper recon units or helos or whatever. Gives the individual tank a bit more to work with in regards to immediately aiming firing, but prevents other units from being able to use its "additional" level of optics (units would be displayed to the player, but not targetable unless "seen" by either a recon unit or "lesser" grade of optics.)

I *get* your criticism, I guess, but I'm just invested in the idea of implementing this in a balanced and pseudo-realistic way, so sorry if my point wasnt clear enough.

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Sun 24 Dec 2017 16:29

I personally like the idea,
I don't mind 'stealth' tanks
For people who do,
tanks in recon don't need to have medium stealth unless there is a reason meriting it.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 24 Dec 2017 21:23

James-Bond wrote:I personally like the idea,
I don't mind 'stealth' tanks
For people who do,
tanks in recon don't need to have medium stealth unless there is a reason meriting it.

Well the problem came from when it was a modernish MBT that was stealthy.
Courtesy of KattiValk

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 6 Jan 2018 03:29

That was my problem with recon tanks. Especially when they are moving in a hedge row, noise and falling trees just ignored it's unseen to anything below good optics in a distance that is kinda close.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”